Words You Only See on AZB

Pidge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Reading through a couple of threads that started out great and quickly turned into an old man quibbling contest I noticed a few words... And I've noticed them for ages that crop up that you hardly ever hear in real life situations...

Feel free to add to this list, but here's a few to get started...

Omniscient (wtf... Never heard anyone say it in person)
Naysayers
Pendulum stroke (even around the snooker club you don't here this said)

Please.... Continue

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
How about words or phrases you never see on AZ?

Such as, I wasn't there and you were so, maybe you're right. Or I guess I was wrong... My apologies..

Last edited:

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
How about words or phrases you never see on AZ?

Such as, I wasn't there and you were so, maybe you're right. Or I guess I was wrong... My apologies..

Those words and phrases aren't allowed here! Take that stuff to the Teletubbies forum.:grin:

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Reading through a couple of threads that started out great and quickly turned into an old man quibbling contest I noticed a few words... And I've noticed them for ages that crop up that you hardly ever hear in real life situations...

Feel free to add to this list, but here's a few to get started...

Omniscient (wtf... Never heard anyone say it in person)
Naysayers
Pendulum stroke (even around the snooker club you don't here this said)

Please.... Continue

What's your point here? Never once have I heard anyone other than an instructor in a pool room say "pattern play". Does that mean we shouldn't talk about it, or that it is immaterial?

Pidge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's your point here? Never once have I heard anyone other than an instructor in a pool room say "pattern play". Does that mean we shouldn't talk about it, or that it is immaterial?
Come in Neil. I know you're a grumpy old man but for the love of God, lighten up.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
"Flag" or "Pre-Flag",
"What kid of joint is that?" or "What kind of joint do you have?" (OK, you might hear this in Colorado...)
"Does your tip get hard?"
"Show me your Schon"

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I thought I would never hear 'back-balanced' other than referring to cues....
...then, the other day, I saw a woman at a Walmart...:eek:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Looser for "loser" and loser for "looser". TOI, OB, CB, WEI,... ad nauseam.

Oh yeah, ....ad nauseam.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Come in Neil. I know you're a grumpy old man but for the love of God, lighten up.

Not grumpy at all. But, I'm not the one making mocking threads just to fan the flames.;)

I agree with Pidge here, Neil....lighten up.
I know you got some zingers....this is you road game. :)

One of my contributions that I've never seen anywhere but AZ...
...it's about sandbaggers in leagues that are supposed to be fun...
...I can't get over the Mickey mouseness of it.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member

yea come on dad! lighten up.....:p

noMoreSchon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nuts, nits and sneaky pete...lock up artist, orange crush, the 6 out...none of this spoken in a work environment would make sense...banger, world beater, and 10 ball...none would be recognized as
being related to billiards. Knocker's, road men, and shortstop...it can go on forever, but it is what keeps us separate from the real world and I am for one am happy to find such people who not only
know what these mean but to correctly use them in a billiard hall...

Now I have to go clock this guy on table seven, he has been known to fire air barrels from time to time, so make sure we freeze the benjamin's up top, and not to let loose whitey on the break and I
will have no problem getting the cheese...

Last edited: