List of 24 confirmed teams
Favorites would have to be :
Austria
Taiwan
UK
Germany
Philippines
Spain

Am surprised WPA World #5 (was #2 before) is not playing for Finland. Also Zielinski missing for Poland.
Why no Alex and John Morra for Canada? No Oi for Japan :LOL:

W10TC.jpg

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
If the US team has to travel more than 5 miles from home they should just stay home.

Who is J Tate???

• Haha
Reactions: bbb

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd go with Austria, UK, or Spain to win it all.
On paper, Austria,Taiwan,UK, Philippines are the strongest and first favorites simply cos they have the best women players in the field. The sole woman player in the team is key cos she can contribute 1.5 points (1 point for 1st match Women's Single and 0.5 point for 3rd set Mixed Doubles)

Germany, Spain are second favorites
:D

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Am surprised WPA World #5 (was #2 before) is not playing for Finland. Also Zielinski missing for Poland.
Why no Alex and John Morra for Canada? No Oi for Japan :LOL:

since the men have such a deep field anyway i feel it's gonna come down to the women. you can swap appleton with melling or imran but really the difference between the women makes kelly the big name. i'm going with team UK.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Round 1 (best of 5 sets)

Austria B (Max Lechner/Daniel Guttenberger/Lena Primus)
Vs
USA (Tyler Styer/Joey Tate/ April Larson)

Now playing 1st set Women's singles Lena Primus vs April Larson (Race to 4)

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
what little i saw of the women 10-ball championship was embarrassingly poor play.

but this ongoing team match is entertaining. april larson is quite impressive so far. i have seen her before but never on a tv table. plays like she belongs there

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Round 1 (best of 5 sets)
Serbia (Pecelj/ Klasovic/Sarac)
Vs
Japan (Yoshioka/Kuribayashi/Hiraguchi)

Now playing 1st set Women's singles Bojana Sarac vs Yuki Hiraguchi (Race to 4)

BRACKETS

Scrunge19

Registered
April and Joey’s luggage was lost so the whole team is using Tyler’s cues today. Hopefully the airline can get them their luggage ASAP.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Guessing it will come down to the play of the women, leading me to predict that either UK with Kelly Fisher or Austria A with Jasmin Ouschan, both of whom can be expected to dominate, will win this.

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are probably right. It will be interesting to see how April does. She looks pretty good so far.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What in the world is this event? ps, is the WPA giving them a hard time about using the word "World" in their title, or they only reserve that for CW. (I agree with them btw, I just find it strange they never say a word about it except for CW's events).

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They asked my little sister to play Team Finland(she is current n1 ranked by far) but she could not arrange work stuff so short notice. Too bad..
She still play under her level on international events though.
So are you a nature or nurture family? :):)

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
What in the world is this event? ps, is the WPA giving them a hard time about using the word "World" in their title, or they only reserve that for CW. (I agree with them btw, I just find it strange they never say a word about it except for CW's events).
The issue with the CW events was that they were presented and staged as if they were true World Championships even in years where they failed (or did not attempt) to gain sanctioning. For example, when Appleton won, they played a record with "God Save the Queen" as he received his medal, despite the fact that the event was not a sanctioned world championship that year. I don't believe that any other event producer has even attempted to misrepresent their event in a similar manner.