World 9 Ball Championship 2017 (9-14 Dec) ,Doha- Winner $30K

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
tuned in, but too choppy for me...guess I'll read who wins later.

The Morra table was choppy for me as well, but the Thorsten table was working just fine.
Is it wrong to complain about the free stream if the resolution looks like Mortal Kombat circa 1991?

Anyway, Thorsten making a comeback! Down 5-6 and breaking.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last 16 round saw a number of upsets
Defending champ Albin eliminated 11-3 by "two-stroke" Wu Kun Lin
Mosconi Cup superstar MVP Joshua Filler (who some dubbed "best player in world" last week ) failed to make the quarterfinals ( as I predicted :grin-square: ). Outsafed and outplayed , Filler was sent packing by "unknown" former snooker player Maung Maung 11-6
Kaci on the hill at 10-2 somehow could not close out Morra. Morra brought it to 7-10 before Kaci finally won
Ko Ping Chung got to hill first before losing hill hill to Liu Haitao
Thorsten and Ko Pin Yi also were upsetted by their less favored opponents

Quarterfinals start about 1 hour from now 2pm local time
http://www.esnooker.pl/turnieje/2017/w9bc/en/show_drabinka.php?id_t=197

http://www.esnooker.pl/live/en/tsnew.php

IMHO, From here on the favorites to win are Biado, Wu Kun Lin, Kaci :)

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
Roland Garcia, another "unknown" from the Philippines beats Big Ko 11-8.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Liu Haitao was disqualified for being 20 minutes late Carlo Biado gets free pass to the semi finals , Just Wow Unreal that happens in The World Championship

denzilla171

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Roland Garcia, another "unknown" from the Philippines beats Big Ko 11-8.

Not "unknown" in my area. He's Phillipino but plays out of Thailand. With a win over Feijen as well, he's looking like a threat to go all the way...

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Roland Garcia, a protege of Efren Reyes is through to semis after beating Venezuelan Jalal
Garcia will play winner of Maung Maung/Kaci . Kaci now leading 6-4 , Maung at table
Biado will play Wu Kun Lin or Hsieh. Wu now lead 8-7

2 Filipinos in semis which means this is Philippines best chance to win World 9 Ball since Buste last won it in 2010

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Liu Haitao was disqualified for being 20 minutes late Carlo Biado gets free pass to the semi finals , Just Wow Unreal that happens in The World Championship

After grinding out hill hill victory over a very tough opponent, he's twenty minutes late when it's down to the final 8 players???

What kind of tournament director let's that happen?

You have 20 different languages being spoken over there and no benefit of the doubt over lost in translation?

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

How can he be disqualified if the match is not supposed to occur until 6 a.m. Eastern Time tomorrow? What happened?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

After grinding out hill hill victory over a very tough opponent, he's twenty minutes late when it's down to the final 8 players???

You have 20 different languages being spoken over there and no benefit of the doubt over lost in translation?

It would be really nice if the pool world followed snooker's way of handling late arrivals.
If you're late for a snooker match, you are penalized a game for every 15 minutes you're
late, or any portion...one second late, one game penalty...15 minutes and one second,
you're down two games....but you can still win the match.

I have suggested before, the nine-ball late penalty should be five minutes per game..
..or any portion.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"Like"

I hope they show it.

Morra didn't get much of a chance to perform. Klenti kept him benched for the most part. He had a couple shining moments, though, but he just couldn't get a break.

I have to say, though, I'm looking forward to seeing Kaci win the entire tournament. :cool:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been following Paul Mckeowan's live feeds on Facebook, and they're not choppy at all. His "whispering commentary" is fun to hear, filled with all kinds of pool nuggets. He's whispering because he's right behind the players in the stands filming for us railbirds around the world. Good stuff!

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

This is the way it goes at Eurotour for example. Your match is scheduled for example at 16:30 and you have an obligation to be ready at the poolhall 30 mins prior to the scheduled time in case the table is already available. TD can call out your match anytime during these 30 mins. If you are not at your table 5mins after your match is called out your opponent is awarded 1 game and your name is called out again. If you are not at the table 10mins after your match is called out your opponent gets second game on the scoreboard and your name is called out yet another time. If you are not at the table 14mins after your match is called out your opponent gets 3rd game on the scoreboard and "last call 1 min warning + your name". After that last min your match is forfeited. TD also has the database of all the matches played with their respective time lengts so TD knows which player is more likely to play slow. TD assigns such players match to the free table as soon as possible. Trust me - players are VERY disciplined about their scheduled matches and TD can keep the pace of the tournament MUCH better that way.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It would be really nice if the pool world followed snooker's way of handling late arrivals.
If you're late for a snooker match, you are penalized a game for every 15 minutes you're
late, or any portion...one second late, one game penalty...15 minutes and one second,
you're down two games....but you can still win the match.

I have suggested before, the nine-ball late penalty should be five minutes per game..
..or any portion.

Liu tot start time was 3pm instead of 2pm. They gave grace period 15 min and he showed up at 225pm. If they impose 5min per game penalty , he would start match down 0-5. Still some chance to win it :D

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Snooze you lose. Brutal. Seems a tad extreme considering it being at such a late stage of the tournament.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is "Kaci"...................

Albanian for "slow as s^*t"???? WTF??? This kid can really play but i can't watch it. His pace is brutally slow. Its currently 7-7 and its been going on over two hrs already. Ridiculous.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes Kaci is sloooowww
But a much better player than Filler
Hopefully they use shot clock for semis and final :)