• World Cup Pool Day 5.jpg
    World Cup Pool Day 5.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 600
Last edited:

Colin Colenso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Austria v Taiwan

Frame 1: Mario wins the lag but scratches on the break. Taiwan clears with precision, including a couple of left handed shots. 1-0 Taiwan
Frame 2: Ko breaks and they run with a nice carom off the 6 into the 9. 2-0 Taiwan.
Frame 3: Chang breaks dry. Some back and forth then Albin scratches, not judging the angle from the pot. Taiwan clears the last 5 or 6 balls. 3-0.
Frame 4: Ko breaks dry. Austria makes a nice out, they look calm and focused. 3-1 Taiwan.
Frame 5: Albin makes 3 balls off the break, has to push out. Chang sells out. Albin hooks Mario. Mario kicks and makes it. 3-2 Taiwan.
Frame 6: Mario makes 2 but scratches again. Precision run out by Tawain. 4-2.
Frame 7: Chang breaks dry. Mario fluffs position on the 7 but leaves a combo to the 9. 4-3 Taiwan.
Frame 8: Albin makes 3 balls. Mario misses and scratches off a long 3 ball. Precision clearance again by Taiwan. 5-3.
Frame 9: Chang makes a ball. Ko pots a nice 1-ball but kisses the 9 in front of the 2 ball. Chang goes up and down the table, kicks the 2 into the 9 and it goes. Shot of the match... for TV anyway. 6-3 Taiwan.

Will continue in new post....

Last edited:

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
Announcer just said KO is the best in the world at breaking, all the SVB fans are going to lose their minds.

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
Did you see who crapped the 5 in? KO or Chang? I missed it.
But then they ran out to a sick carom on the 9 by KO. 2-0.

Maybe KO is extra lucky. Hmmmmm.:D

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hahaha!
Watch. I'll critique one of the players, and they will mysteriously get sponsorship into the U.S. Open.
Stranger things have happened.:D

Lol, I could see that.

Oh, and thanks for the updates. Keep em coming, in the same style... informing and entertaining as well:thumbup:

Last edited:

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mario He was the better breaker than Albin in Round 2 but now it is reversed, Albin breaking better
Chang still breaking bad and dry like Round 2
Looking at pre-match interview, Austrian like Poland appeared less confident and awestruck and that is not good sign :D

Announcer just said KO is the best in the world at breaking, all the SVB fans are going to lose their minds.

I like your style too. And I agree Ko is best breaker in world. Billy I agrees too
OK better get bullet proof vest :grin:

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
Chi-Tai dry on the break.
Ouchan slices the 1 in the corner.
He fires the 2 in with draw.
Ouch an cuts in the 3.
He pockets the 4.
Ouchan pockets the 5 and pulls whitey uptable.
Mario cuts the 6 in on the top rail, and floats downtable for a crash into the 9 float down for position on the 7-9 off angle combo that appeared as a result.
Albin O fires in the combo.
4-3 Chi-Tai

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
Albin breaks, makes the 1,2,5.
Mario at the table, spot shot on the 3, misses the 3 and scratches.
Chang makes the 3.
KO slices in the 4.
Chang makes the 6.
KO pockets e 7 and floats uptable for a shot on the 8.
Chang makes the 8.
KO straight in on the 9.
5-3 Chi-Tai

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
KO breaks, pockets the 6.
Chang can see the 1, sliced the daylights out of it up the rail, crashes into the 9 and is totally hooked on the 2.
KO kicks uptable and back downtable to PLAY a 2-9 combo that wasn't really lined up perfectly.
MAKES the combo.
6-3 Chi-Tai.
Wow, KO must be smoking crack to shoot at that shot.
WOW

Last edited:

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lucky

KO breaks, pockets the 6.
Chang can see the 1, sliced the daylights out of it up the rail, crashes into the 9 and is totally hooked on the 2.
KO kicks uptable and back downtable to PLAY a 2-9 combo that wasn't really lined up perfectly.
MAKES the combo.
6-3 Chi-Tai.
Wow, KO must be smoking crack to shot at that shot.
WOW

That 2-9 must be shot of this quarterfinals.
He is really realy lucky :D

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
Chang breaks the balls, pockets the 1 and 3. 4-9 is lined up.
KO shoots he 2 in the side.
Chang rifles in the combo.
7-3 Chi-Tai.

Colin Colenso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Austria v Taiwan continued.... Score is Taiwan 6 - Austria 3. Taiwan not breaking well, but solid as rocks.

Frame 10: Chang makes 2 balls on the break. On the 2 ball and 4-9 combo looks easy. And the 9 is in, though commentators tried to convince us it was a hard shot. LOL. 7-3

Note that you will need to refresh every 5 mins to see my updates in the same post...

Frame 11: Ko, best breaker in the world, so they say, breaks dry again. Austria clean up the scraps again. 7-4.
Frame 12: Mario makes a ball but the CB gets kicked in. They need every straw they can grasp at. Taiwan makes a rare mistake... Austria should clear....They do! It's now 7-5 Taiwan.
Frame 13: Albin makes the 1 in the side, but an awful cluster of 3-7-8 near a corner. Albin caroms the 8 in somehow but the CB finds the opposite corner pocket. Easy clearance for Taiwan. They climb upon the hill. 8-5.
Frame 14: Chang makes a ball but hooks Ko on the 1. Ko pushes. Albin tries to kick the 1 with running and just misses the ball. Layout looks fine. Chang plays 3-9 combo and it's in. Chinese Taipei wins 9-5.

Hardly a mistake by Taiwan in 14 frames, but their break may need to improve.

Last edited: