World Cup of Pool - Day 4 & 5 Updates

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
What is happening to Japan right now is what happens when you think it's cute that you are pounding on your opponent, take it for granted, joke around about your misses, and lose focus.

I would LOVE to see Quatar demolish them from here just to emphasize that point, but I don't think it's going to happen.

molinatx4206

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
9-4 japan... They looked right at the end... And bashar n Dave chapelle dogged too many when they had chances

Albatross Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It almost seemed as if Japan gave up some racks there to get some more time on the table, either that or there was a spread on the bet and they wanted to reach it....weird non the less.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Oi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It almost seemed as if Japan gave up some racks there to get some more time on the table, either that or there was a spread on the bet and they wanted to reach it....weird non the less.

I don't think thats the case, its just a matter of rolls and being cocky imo, you can see it in their bodies, plus in my opinion they are the most team that are having fun out there, they seem to laugh at everything, and smile at everything, which is a positive thing.

they are both funny, and just laugh it off weather its good or bad, so I love watching them purely for that. I wish i'm like that when i play pool.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another 5 minutes the remianing 2 quarterfinals
It's great to see MC John McDonald back

630pm London time (130pm EST)

England A (1) (Darren Appleton & Karl Boyes) v Romania (Babken Melkonyan & Ioan Ladanyi)

Finland (10) (Mika Immonen & Petri Makkonen) v England B (15) (Mark Gray & Daryl Peach)

Colin Colenso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ENGLAND A v ROMANIA

Darren & Karl v Babken & Iaon (pron: eewun) [Big bald guy, looks like a TV Villian)

My prediction: 9-3 to England A

Lag: Darren barely wins the lag.

Frame 1: Karl breaks. Makes a ball, 1 is on. Undercut a bit, Karl with a tricky 2 now. Just makes it. Some work to do. Darren hooks Karl on the 6 after an unlucky extraction of the 6. Romainia now with a long 6. Babken knocks it in center pocket, a different player tonight. And Romania clears: 1-0 Romania.

Frame 2: Babken breaks, makes a ball and nicely on the 1. 3-5 cluster a challenge. Babken plays a great 2 railer to get onto the 3 ball, but it's not actually on, so Iaon locks the CB behind the 5 ball, hooking Eng A well. Darren raises his cue, goes 2 rails, cuts the 3 but is unlucky to scratch. Romania should clear the last 6 open balls with BIH. They clear and lead 2-0.

Frame 3: Iaon breaks dry but hooks Eng A on the 1. Eng push to a hard 1 pot. Rom sends Eng back. Darren hooks with a nice safe. Babken jumps, hits the 1, jags the 7 in. Iaon plays a safe and hooks Eng on the 1 ball. Karl swerves to hit the 1, but leaves a long shot on it. Babken not quite Hendry and misses and leaves a 1-4 combo. England should clear up. Karl fluffs the 5 to 8 position and hangs his head while Darren plays a snooker. Nice kick by Iaon but leaves Karl the 8. England gets on the board. 1-2

Frame 4: Darren breaks, makes a ball. A tricky 1 ball for Karl. He makes it, but leaves a very fine cut on the 2 ball. Darren hooks behind the 5 like a vice. Babken hits the 2 via 3 rails across and back. Karl plays safe. Iaon tries to but leaves Darren a long straight rail shot. Straight in, Karl on a tester 3 ball, makes it, a tester 4 for Darren but he should make it and Eng A should be out. Darren makes it but leaves Karl a hard angle from 5 to 6 and Karl does well to draw 10 feet diagonally to get on the 6, and they clear and even up the score 2-2.

Frame 5: Karl wet breaks, Darren plays 2 into the side and gets nicely on the 3 going up and down with the CB. They should clear. wow, Karl plays a safe... wasn't a gimme shot, needed some english, but they didn't want to risk it. Iabken leaves a bank, but Darren plays a nice hook instead. Iaon jumps, gets safe, but leaves his cue butt under the rail and the 3 ball hits it. LOL.... FOUL, and Karl plays awful position from 3 to 4. Darren recovers it. England clear and lead 3-2 and Karl wondering what is going on with guys leaving their butt on the table to foul. OMG

Frame 6: Darren with a masterclass break, makes 1 ball in the side and perfect on the 2 ball. Should clear. They do, and lead 4-2.

Frame 7: Karl smashes them and it's dry, and leaves a nice shot on the 1. He looks to the sky and curses Mickey Frost. Babken makes the 1 and they call and extension on an easy shot for some reason, had to raise the butt off the rail was all. Need to dance around a few balls to clear. Babken looking like a different player tonight, I suspect because nothing to lose now. Romania manages the out, though not very precisely, and are now just 1 behind. 4-3.

Frame 8: Babken foot shuffles and then makes a wing ball and gets on the 1. Shape to 2 ball hard, and Iaon makes the 1 in the corner, and caroms the 8 and cue ball into the opposite side pocket. England should clear up now with BIH. They do, in style, and lead 5-3.

Frame 9: Darren breaks dry. 1 is safe. Babken leaves an edge. Karl almost hooks, a fine edge maybe available. Iaon kicks and CB finishes 1/2 inch from the 1 ball. Darren masse's but it's declared a push shot. Video not conclusive from what I saw. Anyway, Iaon misses an easy 2 ball and Eng A should clear now. They do and lead 6-3. My prediction stays alive. :p

Frame 10:... will continue this in a new post, to keep up to date with conversations on the thread.

Last edited:

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Upset coming?

2 remaining matches and so far no upset today
The Finland v England B will be even and no upset there
Which leaves the England A v Romania :D
Now if Romania upsets England A that would be biggest upset of this tournament
I think if Romania does not upset, it will be close match maybe England A win by 9-8 or 9-7 :D

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
Anyone know of a decent free stream that works on an Samsung Android S6 phone?

Most of the ones linked are so full of BS installers they are impossible to open without 14 attempts to install malware. Those pages work OK on computers because you can actually get the BS foreground screens to close, on a phone not so much.

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
I think Romania can only win if England goes drastically south. This is the end for Romania. England's time will come tomorrow when they face Taiwan who clearly plays down to their opponents but has a gear none of the remaining teams have

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
Anyone know of a decent free stream that works on an Samsung Android S6 phone?

Most of the ones linked are so full of BS installers they are impossible to open without 14 attempts to install malware. Those pages work OK on computers because you can actually get the BS foreground screens to close, on a phone not so much.

Get a cable code from someone and use watchespn app. It's the nuts

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
Get a cable code from someone and use watchespn app. It's the nuts

Bleh, yeah I tried to install that but got the "not available in your country" message... all the other links are beyond worthless and have downloaded numerous ask files like onto my phone without any notifications asking if I even wanted to download anything...

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
Bleh, yeah I tried to install that but got the "not available in your country" message... all the other links are beyond worthless and have downloaded numerous ask files like onto my phone without any notifications asking if I even wanted to download anything...

You might have to spend the worst $7 of your life and by the payperview. These commercials I'm going through make me feel like they owe me money

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bab Bab Bab
Missed a long 1 and let England get away. "Ball Cleaner" Boyes is the weak link
Romania 2-1

Last edited: