World Discipline Tournament??????

dannyb78

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dont know If any one ever thought of this. Lets say a Tournament is held and Teams from all over the World could play. There would be five different games with five different players for each discipline representing each country. The games would be 10-Ball, 8-Ball, Bank Pool, 14.1, and One Pocket. If I was the US Captain I would want this Line Up.

10-Ball: Shane Van Boening
Banks: John Brumbach
One Pocket: Scott Frost
8-Ball: Corey Deul
14.1: John Shcmidt

Forgive me if the spelling is Off. Rember. Only one player can play each discipline. What US line up would you want? Also, would there be another country you would say is a favorite against this line up in a best of 5.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I dont know If any one ever thought of this. Lets say a Tournament is held and Teams from all over the World could play. There would be five different games with five different players for each discipline representing each country. The games would be 10-Ball, 8-Ball, Bank Pool, 14.1, and One Pocket. If I was the US Captain I would want this Line Up.

10-Ball: Shane Van Boening
Banks: John Brumbach
One Pocket: Scott Frost
8-Ball: Corey Deul
14.1: John Shcmidt

Forgive me if the spelling is Off. Rember. Only one player can play each discipline. What US line up would you want? Also, would there be another country you would say is a favorite against this line up in a best of 5.
Kind of rigged since 1P and banks are only played in the US. A better line-up would be:

10 ball
Chinese 8 ball
Three cushion
18.2 balkline
English billiards
Snooker

but that's more than 5 games.

bwally

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kind of rigged since 1P and banks are only played in the US. A better line-up would be:

10 ball
Chinese 8 ball
Three cushion
18.2 balkline
English billiards
Snooker

but that's more than 5 games.

Maybe take out 18.2 and English Billiards? This would be awesome to watch!

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
At one point several years ago someone in Europe (with the WCBS) tried to organize a multi-discipline competition, but I think the sponsor fell through.

The closest we have right now is the cue sports competition at the World Games which includes IIRC:
men's nine ball
women's nine ball
3-cushion
snooker
2-player team snooker

Some regional games festivals, such as the Asian Games, also have cue sports but with fewer events.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Bob is correct but I like your line up of players Danny.

The possibility of one or two players missing and that would include both Earl and Efren.
As always, hard choices when you have so many.