WORLD POOL CHAMPIONSHIP (6-10 June2021) Champion $50K

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The restrictions on the Canadian players would be on the return home, not to attend the event.
So far as I can tell from the above site, Canadians are allowed to enter the UK but must have had a test before travel and then take two follow up tests at day 2 and day 8 of their stay.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
So far as I can tell from the above site, Canadians are allowed to enter the UK but must have had a test before travel and then take two follow up tests at day 2 and day 8 of their stay.
Yes... What I ment was that when the players return they must do a 14day quarantine, not just submit to testing. This is what I was lead to believe stopped Alex and John M. from competing in the last couple of Matchroom events.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Yes... What I ment was that when the players return they must do a 14day quarantine, not just submit to testing. This is what I was lead to believe stopped Alex and John M. from competing in the last couple of Matchroom events.
As I understand it, they had to choose between the World Pool Masters and the events at Buffalo Billiards, and given the travel restriction issues, they made the logical choice.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
As I understand it, they had to choose between the World Pool Masters and the events at Buffalo Billiards, and given the travel restriction issues, they made the logical choice.
I believe they made the more likely beneficial choice, financially speaking.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Draw is done

Looks like 16 groups start the double elimination and then 4 from each group will advance to the single elimination stage.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Draw is done

Looks like 16 groups start the double elimination and then 4 from each group will advance to the single elimination stage.
A couple of TBCs, presumably from travel or testing problems. Matchroom is trying to fill those spots with standby players.

I think it's good to have the many juniors and women in the field. I hope that continues next year when I imagine the field will expand to 128.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
I'd love to see SVB win it...as mentioned earlier, might be his last best chance.

Last edited:

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The following are making their debut in this event :D

Margaret
maxresdefault.jpg

Veronika
snfvMkEo_400x400.jpg

Jasmin
QPvPWcSi.png

Predator Pro Table
predatorprotable.jpg

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Although he has drawn very tough with a first match assignment against Kaci, a player who might be worth watching is Lukas Fracasso Verner in Group K. He's only about 18 -- I've seen him play and he's got game. I believe he's from Connecticut and he has a chance to be a force in the pro game one day.

An interesting dark horse pick among those outside the Fargo Top 50 might be Dennis Grabe, who got to the semis at both the World Cup of Pool and the World Pool Masters. Seems to be in form.

34YearsOfPlayin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The big one is here-starts in about 10 days. Now renamed back to World Pool Championship (was World 9 Ball Championship) like what it was called years ago when Matchroom was running it.

Players list of 128 players will be out anytime these few days based on these criteria

View attachment 596550

View attachment 596551

View attachment 596552

View attachment 596554

Where is the World Pool Championship being held. Thanks.

bb9ball

Registered
What's the exact address in Milton Keynes? It's not in their website.
I saw something that mentions it is at the Dons soccer club, but can't help you if there are more than 1 facility.

FYI, I am pretty sure I saw it on a YouTube video by Matchroom or Karl Boyes, but I couldn't find which one from a quick glance.