World Pool Masters (22-25 May2021) Winner $25K

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, dominant display by Kaci. Probably the most impressive player so far over 3 rounds. Which is why I don't think he will win this title. The best performer in early rounds very rarely wins the title :ROFLMAO:

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, dominant display by Kaci. Probably the most impressive player so far over 3 rounds. Which is why I don't think he will win this title. The best performer in early rounds very rarely wins the title :ROFLMAO:

well, he has had, and has, an easier route than the other top seeds. i think kaci vs filler is a likely final match, but i hope it will be kaci vs svb - the rematch.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, he missed a cross-corner bank on the 1-ball in Game 1.

yep, i saw that on the stat board, 98% instead of 100%. apparently he himself didn't count that as a miss in the post-match interview, but a missed bank is a miss too.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shockingly brain fart by Niels to make such a long jump in his last chance at table.

b11.JPG

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
No, he missed a cross-corner bank on the 1-ball in Game 1.
Yes, but it was a creative two way bank and the shot still had plenty of merit as played --- one of those shots over-penalized by TPA, but just as you suggest, a mistake.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I'd prefer a Shane/Skyler final. USA! USA! USA!
Wouldn't that be something if the event produced two finalists from the same country? After all, this is an event which, in its early history, generally only gave out one invitation per country.

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Shockingly brain fart by Niels to make such a long jump in his last chance at table.

View attachment 596307
Yeah, pretty odd choice. Can't say this result was terribly shocking to me, although I didn't expect a blowout. In the post match review of Feijen vs Shaw, the commentators tried to paint a false picture of a match that had contained sterling play and had been contested at the highest possible level. Anyone paying close attention during that match would have known that Niels would have to step it up a notch or two to beat Kaci.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would like to see the 4 inch pockets become standard for these Matchroom events. They seem to have really spiced things up.
I was on the fence at first whether it would be too tough and made the professionals look like amateurs. But honestly the promise of some of them rising to the challenge and shooting 98-100% pocketing success has made me really appreciate them.

• Love
Reactions: sjm

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I would like to see the 4 inch pockets become standard for these Matchroom events. They seem to have really spiced things up.
This is a giant step forward for pool. Every runout has to be earned and it makes the game far more exciting to watch. On 4 1/2 inch pockets, if you hang the three, you've usually lost the rack, but now you've only given your opponent an opportunity that must be cashed in with highly skillful play. Matchroom has been trending toward tighter pockets for a while now, and the result is that they are delivering an improved professional pro product. In Emily we trust.

Last edited:

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
interesting thing, while commentating ouschan vs. grabe, josh filler said the world pool masters in 2018 also had the tight pockets- is that right?
(he actually said "2008," but referred to niels' comeback win)

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
interesting thing, while commentating ouschan vs. grabe, josh filler said the world pool masters in 2018 also had the tight pockets- is that right?
(he actually said "2008," but referred to niels' comeback win)
I'm sure Josh is right, but the pendulum had begun to swing back in the other direction, with the 2018 Mosconi Cup being the event in which really loose equipment was used. Matchroom has moved back in the direction of tight equipment, and some of the top figures in the game, especially Jayson Shaw and Allison Fisher, have heaped praise on Matchroom for doing so, recognizing that it is this equipment that befits the most elite players in the game.

Last edited:

smoochie

NotLikeThis
As we're here into gear and products.

I can clearly see that REVO 11.8 is doing very well on the Masters,

Kaci - played perfect in his matches.
Max - he's doing really well
Denis Grape - playin the best game of his career

All of these players using revo 11.8 :)

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

agreed. i don't care what brand of table is used but the pockets needs to be tight. i believe the next matchroom event will be played on the predator tables (?) which i hope will be if not as tight then atleast 4.25.