Worst match you played-And still won

Gregg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was playing (if you could call it that) the other night, and simply could not pocket a ball, everything was off, all wrong. Sometimes you just know when you are off, with nobody to back you up.

Race to four, I made all my balls and sank the eight ONCE, in the sixth game of the match, only after my opponent and I volleyed back and forth with the eight ball a few times.

The other "wins" I had were two early eights by my opponent, and an eight on the break hill hill for the match win, with the cue ball less than an inch from the pocket; either way it was a merciful way for the match to end, and I was elated to be able to put my cues away for the night.

Anybody else?

Never

Gregg said:
I was playing (if you could call it that) the other night, and simply could not pocket a ball, everything was off, all wrong. Sometimes you just know when you are off, with nobody to back you up.

Race to four, I made all my balls and sank the eight ONCE, in the sixth game of the match, only after my opponent and I volleyed back and forth with the eight ball a few times.

The other "wins" I had were two early eights by my opponent, and an eight on the break hill hill for the match win, with the cue ball less than an inch from the pocket; either way it was a merciful way for the match to end, and I was elated to be able to put my cues away for the night.

Anybody else?

everytime I play bad I lose .Sometimes when I play good I still lose,but I've got no shot of winning when I really play bad and know it.The pool Gods won't allow it .As long as I have been playing pool,I have never missed a hanger money ball or case ball and then have the other guy leave me with the opportunity to redeem myself .I have never been that lucky.

DelaWho???

Banger McCue
Silver Member
Played in an APA regional qualifier. Was an SL3 playing an SL4 (2-3 race) I left her with a scratch shot on the 8 2 racks in a row (I missed the 8 both times) and the SL4 scratched both times.

Banger

the420trooper

Free T-Rex
Silver Member
DelaWho??? said:
Played in an APA regional qualifier. Was an SL3 playing an SL4 (2-3 race) I left her with a scratch shot on the 8 2 racks in a row (I missed the 8 both times) and the SL4 scratched both times.

Banger

:D
Scratch shots? Shots where a scratch is completely unavoidable? Well, they exist, but they're not nearly as common as people think. There's almost always something you can do to make whitey go elsewhere.

DelaWho???

Banger McCue
Silver Member
the420trooper said:
:D
Scratch shots? Shots where a scratch is completely unavoidable? Well, they exist, but they're not nearly as common as people think. There's almost always something you can do to make whitey go elsewhere.[/QUOTE

This is true, but my opponent hit both shots without anything on them, then natural path took the cue ball to the pocket both times.
I ended up winning the tourney, the only one I've ever won.

Banger

9ballrun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was playing a freindly game of 9ball the other night and I couldn't make a 2 ball run to save my life:eek: My saving grace was that he dogged the 9 in 4 games, so in our race to 7 i only had to really win 3. In the other games he left the nine in the pocket and didn't even make me shot it.:p I was relieved when I put my cues up that night.

girlwon1

Silver Member
I was playing the WPBA Amatuer Nationals in Tulsa in 2005. In the finals, she had to beat me twice. I dont know how she didnt win I played so bad. The final set was the worst. I had been traveling around the country trying to win this tournament for the previous 6-7 years, I just wanted to win it so much. I played so bad, it was embarrassing to have many of my peers watch that. I ended up winning, went back to the hotel, and almost couldnt be happy about it because of that.

I still found a way to tell all of my friends though. ;)

I guess in the end, people only remember that you won it, not always how you won it.

girlwon1

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
I was playing in a tournament and I was down 5-0. I literaly hadn't had a clear shot for the entire match - and I had not pocketed a ball. My opponent and I traded safeties back and forth and he ended up on 2 fouls. He needed to make contact with the object ball, and I called the TD over to watch the hit. My opponent got pissed off that I called the TD over, saying I was stalling him. :rolleyes: Anyway, he misses the object ball and loses that game on 3 fouls. As I am getting the balls out of the pockets, I look over and he's yelling and screaming at the TD while he's unscrewing his cue. He stormed out of there, and I advanced to the next round without having pocketed a ball in that entire match. LOL!!! I would go on to finish 2nd in the tournament! :p

Stones

YEAH, I'M WOOFING AT YOU!
Silver Member
Years ago, I played in a weekly 9 ball tourney, race to 5. The first round I played the number one seed only to see him miss four nine balls in row. I'm up 4-0 and he only makes me shoot one nine ball. He ties it up as I dog a seven, an eight, and two nines. In the final game, we both shot at the nine ball 3 times until he hung it in the jaws. Talk about a bark fest!

Played well after that and won the tourney. Who'd I play in the finals? Same guy. LOL

That first match didn't even rate Labrador, more like Chihuahua!

Stones