STRAIGHT POOL SUPERMAN
Silver Member
Post from RSB~

Date: Fri, Sep 8 2006 12:01 am
Email: "Ed McCune" <mcc...@telusplanet.net>
Groups: rec.sport.billiard
Not yet ratedRating:
show options
Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Report Abuse | Find messages by this author

According to the IPT stats Ryan Keller went 0-32 with 0 B&R, Bernie Friend
(who posts at AZ) went 3-32. A few others were close to these 2. Would it
be worth it to play in a tourney such as this just to say you had even to
get beat this badly? You know you won't be back next year so this is your
15 minutes. Worth it or embarrassing? Up to them I guess to decide?

Ed

http://groups.google.com/group/rec....0835af09b08/7f78c83aa1fbc682#7f78c83aa1fbc682

Brian

jjinfla

Banned
And get paid $13,000 to be able to rub shoulders with all the best.

You bet your sweet bippy I would. LOL

And Earl and anyone else can call me any kind of slug he wants.

I don't need him to tell me what I already know.

Jake

jimmy-leggs

A GREAT DAY
Silver Member
wow,to be hobknobbing with the best and get a cheque for 13,000,plus the best part of all to tell strickland what a low class,errogant,has been loser he is.it would be the best.
congrats on another great tourny earl.what goes around comes around.

tbone1213

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jimmy-leggs said:
wow,to be hobknobbing with the best and get a cheque for 13,000,plus the best part of all to tell strickland what a low class,errogant,has been loser he is.it would be the best.
congrats on another great tourny earl.what goes around comes around.
Better to be a "has-been" than a "NEVER-WAS"

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
jjinfla said:
And get paid $13,000 to be able to rub shoulders with all the best.

You bet your sweet bippy I would. LOL

And Earl and anyone else can call me any kind of slug he wants.

I don't need him to tell me what I already know.

Jake

Actually, the pay is $5000.

Personally, I'm a little envious. I can't play near the top players either and am kicking myself for not submitting my IPT app.

Eric >probable 0-4 too

Solartje

the Brunswick BUG bit me
Silver Member
a chance to play vs world class players.
getting the feeling of how a pro lives.
getting a poolmatch covered on television.
good $
meet and greath the greatest

i cant think of reason why not to do it.

loosing is a part of the game as winning is.
u can whine about your loss, or you can learn from it.

i would never break down any of the players u mentioned.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jimmy-leggs said:
being that the england tourny has been cancelled they all get minimum 13,000 this tourny.

The England tourney has nothing to do with the World Open in Reno. The minimum payback for 121st through 200th place is $5000...shown on the IPT website already. The $13K payout is supposed to be for the 150 hand-picked IPT 'pros', at the end of 2006.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Last edited:

Barbara

Wilson deleted my avatar
Silver Member
Okay, here's my favorite quote from Teddy Roosevelt:

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory or defeat."

My quote:

"Bring on them Pros!"

Barbara~~~gonna be seeing a few next weekend!

wayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Barbara said:
Okay, here's my favorite quote from Teddy Roosevelt:

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory or defeat."

My quote:

"Bring on them Pros!"

Barbara~~~gonna be seeing a few next weekend!

I guess it is different strokes for different folks. If I had been picked to play in the IPT and I won 0 games and lost 32 I would be so embarrassed that I would probably never pick up a cue again in my life. The money wouldn't help but would only add to my disgrace. How bad do you have to be to lose 32 straight games of 8 ball? I am sure the players that don't belong can find plenty of justification for being there and why it is alright but there are a lot of people also who would bow out gracefully in this situation.

Wayne

Unknown

just another banger
Silver Member
in a tournament with some of the best players in the world i wouldnt mind it, if it were bangers who dont really know how to play the i would be embarrased, but they have 5000.00 dollars in their pockets to drown their sorrows lol

Pinocchio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earl who?

I'd go 0 for 100 for $13,000. Sounds like a win to me. And another thought, if you don't like Earl, you're allergic to pool champions.

Pinocchio

They don't call him Earl The Pearl for nothing!

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
Easy Money

From his IPT BIO.
Background:
Ryan Keller, born in Monroe, Louisiana, grew up in Wisconsin Rapids, Wi., residing in Seattle, Washington for ten years now. I work 40 hours a week as the purchasing agent for Magnetic and Penetrant Services Company in Seattle, Washington, the rest of the time you can find me at a pool table somewhere in Seattle. I’ve been waiting for an eight ball tour, and now that it’s here, I’m coming to take over the world.

Somebody should put a suiside watch on this guy. If I played like that I would eat my Luger. Coming to take over the world...I gotta find this guy. 0-32 and he's gotta have at least 2K in his pocket.

emptypockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FWIW, if I were Ryan Keller I would look at the positive side of the IPT adventure so far. Sure I didn't win a single game but guess what? Match Win wise and Money Won wise I finished the same as legendary players such as Wade Crane, Grady Matthews, Ewa Laurance, Mike Lebron, Mary Kesington and even AZ's own queen Linda Carter and AZ's own Bernie Friend; all of who did not win a MATCH and also cashed in for $7000 winnings after the $2K in Vegas and $5K in Reno. Having the chance to play against Ralf Souquet, Danny Harriman, Danny Basavich, and Ernesto Dominquez in Reno, as Ryan did, was like getting paid to receive 4 free lessons from 4 top notch world class players. hhmmmm

Not bad IMHO.

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hard to improve without playing better players.

Take the loss in stride. Millions of other players never even qualified.

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pinocchio said:
I'd go 0 for 100 for $13,000. Sounds like a win to me. And another thought, if you don't like Earl, you're allergic to pool champions.

Pinocchio

They don't call him Earl The Pearl for nothing!

True, but he is called other things for good reasons.

DelaWho???

Banger McCue
Silver Member
Hell Yes

0-32 doesn't matter if you played your absolute best pool. If that were the case you know you can't cut it, but you still have to play out the tourney. Should he have just quit when he was down 0-8, or 0-16, or 0-24? Anything can and often does happen on the table. Even if it became clear that there was no possibility to advance, as someone else said, there is the experience value . I would also venture to guess that he didn't play his best pool, and will be back to try again if the opportunity presents itself.
I'd go just for the chance to see what I have playing against the best in the world. Not much I'm sure but I would treasure the experience much more than the $5k.

McCue Banger McCue

jimmy-leggs

A GREAT DAY
Silver Member
hey ironman,im not allergic to pool champions,i just like dont pool players that are so arrogant and prejudice.you dont see any other top players beaking off like earl the pearl does.as far as im concerned him beaking off when other players are playing is called "sharking".if you call that professionalism your wrong.he is not a pro in my books,he is a cry baby that if its not going his way starts to pout.no true sportsmanship in my books.im waiting for the day that some other pro with some dignity turns to him and says"keep your mouth shut or i will shove this cue down your thoat".i think mike segal should exchange names with earl,earl the mouth strickland.as mike segal has more class than that waste of skin.

Last edited: