WPBL Bonus Ball Championship Match

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks, Fast Lenny.

And there we have it. The first, albeit abbreviated season, of Bonus Ball.
Regular season games, then a hiatus, and then a very well-run playoffs.

Truly the best TEAM (consisting of three fine gentlemen) won season #1.
This championship put pool in a fantastic light.
Sure as hell did better for (U.S.) pool than the 2013 Mosconi Cup.
(But that will change hopefully this coming year with our revamped approach)

And to top it off for those who are only catching the news (and pic) bits
you can obviously see the money is shown on a silver platter.
Yes, it looks like they got paid. Who cares how much?
It's none of our business because it is Bonus Ball's business.

Now let's get on to season two of Bonus Ball, and hopefully both the
Mike Sigel and the America Rotation Tours can get on board and we
can get pool moving forward again.

Take care all.

Last edited:

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Add in One semi pro team from each State for individual wildcards entrants. Or?

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
Just finished watching it. That was really some spectacular and gutsy play by Jesse Engel. Hope we get to see more from him in the future.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Just caught part of it at Renfro's house. All good except really the money on the plate was weak. I would have piled it high with bricks of cash for more effect.

joelpope

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just caught part of it at Renfro's house. All good except really the money on the plate was weak. I would have piled it high with bricks of cash for more effect.
Unfortunately, it would have to be in Peso's to make much of a pile

Don't get me wrong, I support Bonus Ball but hard to show off a stack of cash when it is not much of a stack

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Unfortunately, it would have to be in Peso's to make much of a pile

Don't get me wrong, I support Bonus Ball but hard to show off a stack of cash when it is not much of a stack

In my opinion it could have been stacks of fake money and it would have been better than that thin layer shown.

They don't do tennis tournaments and hand the players platters of money. So IF you're going to do this then make it SEEM like a lot of money at least.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... Yes, it looks like they got paid. Who cares how much?
It's none of our business because it is Bonus Ball's business. ...

I disagree with your comment that it is essentially none of our (spectators/fans) business. The playoffs were promoted as a $120,000 tournament with "big bucks at stake" relative to who finishes where in the tournament. This is different from just an employment situation where compensation is confidential information. Normally, pool (as well as many other sports) make their tournament prize money distribution public information. The difference in prize money from one position to the next factors into the reasons fans tune in or show up and their interest level in the matches.

In an earlier thread, we learned that the playoff prize pool of $120,000 would be allocated as follows:

1st -- $30,000 for the team
2nd -- $18,000
3rd - 4th -- $12,000
5th - 8th -- $7,500
9th - 12th -- $4,500

ElKabong

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My provider doesn't have an agreement with espn
Anyone have an account I could use?

kittykat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's no secret that Chibby advertised a million dollar payout to everyone. darren Appleton posted on facebook that Larry promised $120,000 to the winning team. It went to $30,000. He scheduled 22 games and $1000 to each player and ended up playing 9 games and paid a reduced payout for the final session in November.

Kim Spies bragged about the great success of the league on facebook as if to rub it in what morons we are at azbilliards fourms. Let's get back to reality. Yes, Barry Bremner developed a very good game, but the WPBL as a business was a complete disaster. Lies about two years funding, basically back tracking on everything he promised players and fans. This is how I see it! Funds are serious lacking and so many empty promises and free popcorn to intice anybody to come to the studio is not an over-whelming success!

Unless Chiborak can find more suckers to continue to fund this league, it will remain mickey mouse. A 9 game regular season was not a regular season. The play-offs were designed to be quick and as cheap as possible. I would love to see his income and expense sheets? All businesses need to show investors where the money will flow from. Im thinking he is running out of time! Like KT before him, you can throw money around but eventually, without income, it all comes crashing down. This is reality folks!