WTB Ash shaft wood

G's Cues

Custom Cues and Repairs
Silver Member
Hi all I am looking for a piece of ash for a shaft , I have a customer that wants a 34" shaft . Just want to see what is out there . Thanks in advance

carguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey George-
A member on here, Shadow Moss, may have the ash you need. That's pretty long though.
What are you going to turn it on? 34" is a monster!

Robin Snyder

G's Cues

Custom Cues and Repairs
Silver Member
Thanks Robin I will check him out. And I am going to try my new unit I think it will work on that. And yes it is for a customer that wants it for a snooker shaft. Thanks

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Roy Mason on AZ. He drops in on occasion. I could likely dig him up for you.

He bought out the remaining Dufferin Stock in Canada and has lots of everything.

I bought 9 Ash Ash shafts from him, already on the first taper pass. Used 2 of them for a customer.

Not half bad. If you can't get a hold of Roy or anyone else, PM me. I can send you a couple.

I think that I paid $9 Canuckian dollars or something per shaft. With the current USD exchange rate being being quite drastic, I could let a couple go for ten bucks if you pay shipping from Canada. Shipping these days can be a deal breaker even within the USA, let alone trying to get anything in or out. So not trying to make anything on these. As long as you can put them to good use.

Last edited:

pfd studios

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please believe me when I say that there is a world of difference between the Ash shaftwood that , Eric, aka Shadowmoss, has and what Dufferin was using in their cues . . . want the best contact Eric . . . !!

pfd

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
Get it from shadowmoss

Please believe me when I say that there is a world of difference between the Ash shaftwood that , Eric, aka Shadowmoss, has and what Dufferin was using in their cues . . . want the best contact Eric . . . !!

pfd

I had PFD build a ash shaft from shadowmoss wood stock, he is 100% correct, no reason to go elsewhere.

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You do realize a standard snooker cue is a tad shorter that a pool cue? It seems like it would be longer but not by the standard specs.

Back in days of old, it was common for players to have a shaft that was 2 - 2/12 in
longer, and often 1 mm or so thinner than their regular playing shaft(s), which they used to play Snooker.

These were referred to as "snooker shafts".

Dale

G's Cues

Custom Cues and Repairs
Silver Member
Thank you all for your responses . I will check and follow the leads you guys have given me . Thanks again George