.839-.843 inches at bottom of collar.

Thanks!

-dj

Last edited:

DJKeys

Sound Design
Silver Member
why not just order one.
Because Pete wants me to send the cue, he doesn't want to make a shaft without the butt, and fully insured shipping both ways (Nevada to New York) would cost $300 in addition to the price of the new shaft-

-dj

DJKeys

Sound Design
Silver Member
One of the issues with owning an expensive cue, been playing with it for almost 6 years now-

-dj

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
Bobby Chamberlin (WrldPro here) was selling a number of Tascarella shafts a few weeks ago. I bought one from him that fit my Tasc just fine. All had the silver ring w/ black phenolic. Might be worth reaching out to him to see if he has anything left, or that he'd be willing to part with.

JC

Coos Cues
I ship thousand-dollar cues and the insurance has like six bucks for full amount. How much is this damn thing worth?

JC

Coos Cues
Thanks I’ll check it out. So, if I use Ups second day air to send a $1k cue I can insure it for around $6?
It depends. UPS has different rates depending on your account. I may have been exaggerating a bit but to pay $300?

I just checked and if I send a $1000 cue sized box to Colorado it's $51 second day air and if I change the value to $10 it goes down to $41. So it's ten bucks for the thousand dollar insurance 2nd day air. If I send the same package ground it's $13 for the $10 box and $25 for the $1000 claimed value. So the insurance is $12. They know that they treat ground packages like jack stands and there's a higher likelihood of a claim I guess.

In order to get the cost of insurance up to $300 the cue would have to be worth about $25k. Is that how much these Tascs are going for?

Not saying they aren't just wondering if that's true or not.

DJKeys

Sound Design
Silver Member
It depends. UPS has different rates depending on your account. I may have been exaggerating a bit but to pay $300?

I just checked and if I send a $1000 cue sized box to Colorado it's $51 second day air and if I change the value to $10 it goes down to $41. So it's ten bucks for the thousand dollar insurance 2nd day air. If I send the same package ground it's $13 for the $10 box and $25 for the $1000 claimed value. So the insurance is $12. They know that they treat ground packages like jack stands and there's a higher likelihood of a claim I guess.

In order to get the cost of insurance up to $300 the cue would have to be worth about $25k. Is that how much these Tascs are going for?

Not saying they aren't just wondering if that's true or not.
I only ship Fedex overnight on expensive items. UPS has broken things and USPS tracking is useless.
Declared value of my cue is $3500
Shipping is $150 each way with insurance. $300 total, not one way.

-dj

JC

Coos Cues
I only ship Fedex overnight on expensive items. UPS has broken things and USPS tracking is useless.
Declared value of my cue is $3500
Shipping is $150 each way with insurance. $300 total, not one way.

-dj
Well then if that's who you trust then just pay it. And have Pete make you a shaft or two that fits exactly and matches exactly. Good stuff is expensive to own and maintain.

I get folks in my shop all the time who could afford to buy aging luxury cars but can't afford to own them. Don't be like them. Good luck

Gmess3000

Standard nickle thick dress ring, genuine Tascarella shaft.
3.8oz shaft is too light for me, I had a custom heavyweight made.
Selling these 3 to offset cost.
I tried to pm you a while back about a tasc shaft, how much are you asking and what shaft diameter?