WTB Tucker or Haley?

1pRoscoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
<-- regretfully sold his Haley, will not do so with the next one...

tst.jpg

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
tuckers are impossible to get...

Haleys are easier to find. Tuckers will be less expensive usually, but getting one, especially new is gonna be a long wait. I have one on order, I look at it as my holy grail cue. And if I ever get it, it will be the one cue I never ever sell. Made that mistake with a sugartree and a mason, to pay off some medical bills, and regret it every day. Won't make the same mistake again.

dafish1970

LQQK OUT
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
murry made me a butterfly ebony with BEM handle back in 01' and i was luck enought to go to his house to order it and pick it up..greta guy..i wish i could get another one..like a total idiot i sold it....:(

yally

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Do Tucker and Hayley work full time, and cues are on the side? How do you make 5-10 cues a year and pay the bills?

1pRoscoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Do Tucker and Hayley work full time, and cues are on the side? How do you make 5-10 cues a year and pay the bills?

Both cuemakers own their own very successful businesses and cuemaking is a hobby when they please to do so.

SK Custom Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I had the chance to hit a Haley and was not impressed. The craftsmanship is nothing short of brilliant, but I would not play with one. I've never met Ron, but I've heard he is a nice guy. Lives not too far away from me.

I have never had the opportunity to play a Tucker, but I do know a friend who has one and it is quite a fine cue, not to mention Murray is a fine gentleman. I was in a bind once and he did a kind favor for me and asked for nothing in return. I was amazed, and will never forget it.

Secaucus Fats

Banned
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am one of the luckiest Tucker owners in the world. I got my Tucker thru a raffle organized by Jimbo, whom I sorely miss here. This was back in the old usenet RSB/ASP days. The deal was, that if you won, you could get a cue from any one of the following excellent cuemakers, Thierry Layani, Mike Webb, Barry Cameron, Jim Buss, and Murray Tucker III. Murray offered up a gorgeous cue and I took him up on it. That cue was made in '02. I will never part with it until I am dead and gone. It hits and performs better than any cue I have ever tried. I wish I could put it away somewhere where it could be forever preserved, but I can't, because that would be so wrong. IMO, Murray Tucker III is one of the finest cuemakers in America today. And he's also a straight up decent human being.

Worminator

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 99.6%
228   1   0
Worminator -- did you miss post #15?

Yes, I did miss it. I do have that cue for sale, but it has not sold due to the condition. It is not a great representation of Murray's recent works. The price is right, but the cue has battle scars that I have detailed to anyone that has shown interest.

Worminator

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 99.6%
228   1   0
I had the chance to hit a Haley and was not impressed. The craftsmanship is nothing short of brilliant, but I would not play with one. I've never met Ron, but I've heard he is a nice guy. Lives not too far away from me.

I played with a Haley exclusively for 3 years (6 months with the same cue was an eternity for me), his cues are great players. Everyone that I have owned has played excellent. You are the first person I have ever heard about that didn't care for the hit of a Haley, but how a cue plays is a very personal thing.

mia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I played with a Haley exclusively for 3 years (6 months with the same cue was an eternity for me), his cues are great players. Everyone that I have owned has played excellent. You are the first person I have ever heard about that didn't care for the hit of a Haley, but how a cue plays is a very personal thing.

Agreed. It was one of the best hitting cues I ever picked up.

ridewiththewind

&#9829; Hippie Hustler &#9829;
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
You know... "King Murray". See post #11 as written by Murray's publicist.

Yes. Yes you did. This is why no one likes you.

B <-------- just sayin'

The OP asked a question and I answered it...isn't that what the forums are all about? I am by no means anyone's publicist, but perhaps I should take your suggestion and make a career move. :grin:

1pRoscoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
mia's right about worminator being right. the haley i played with was one of the best playing cues i've ever touched. and i've touched a few....