WTS: unique TAD Macassar Ebony unhit since refinish

Soldtonight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
<<<NEW PRICE>>>
TAD fans, I am listing an unusual old cue made by TAD in ~1965-66. The cue was sent to TAD for much needed re-finish/authentication, and is un-hit since being received. I believe blank is a Macassar Ebony Titlist. It is a great example of Mr. Tad Kohara's early cues. It has very clean inlay work and great veneer work in the butt. The butt and one of the two shafts is perfectly straight. The second shaft does have a roll and was not refinished by Fred & Tad Kohara. Their price for a new shaft is $250 with the matching silver ring if a new shaft is wanted. TRADED...THANK YOU ALL....

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=181046&highlight=Kohara+titlist

IMG_3782.jpg

IMG_3781.jpg

IMG_3780.jpg

IMG_3778.jpg

IMG_3779.jpg

IMG_3777.jpg

IMG_3783.jpg

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Wow. I want it...any interest in a full suspension MTB? Full xtr...disc brakes.
product_362086.jpg

;)

Last edited:

MRWOODSY7

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That my friend is a cool old TAD. I have never seen one like it. Tough market but I think it will sell fast. good luck with the sale

Soldtonight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Thanks

Thank you for the nice words. I have received several trade offers, but still looking.
Dan Z

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Dan

Great old ebony Titlist with a completely unique butt design for a Tad. Great cue for sure.

Thanks

Kevin

c and c

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
145   0   0
This is one bad ass cue Dan!!! What a very fine example of a rare Tad cue. Good luck with the sale! :thumbup:

bobco729

bobco729
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
139   0   0
Wow !! Ebony titlist conversion by Tad. This is a major league cue at a fair price from a trusted seller. Doesn't get much better. Bump !!
"country" Bob

Soldtonight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Thank you all....<<<NEW PRICE>>>

I will be leaving for the rest of the week tomorrow.
I would love to have it sold by then.
Specs:
The butt is: 29.25", 1.16" diameter at mid wrap, perfectly straight
1 Shaft: 13.4mm, 29"-new ferrule and tip-work done be Fred and TAD Kohara-perfectly straight
2 Shaft: 13.4mm, 29", original ferrule- does have a roll
Weight- I don't have a scale but it must be in the 21 oz range.

This is a hell of a cue to add to your collection...
Dan Z

Last edited:

Soldtonight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Getting close...

I have had several close offers with trades, but would like to primarily negotiate a cash out deal.
Make me a cash offer you'll be surprised!!!
Dan Z

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 97.9%
140   3   0
Great seller bump

Your price is unbelievably low! The cue might go through the roof on Ebay. There are at least 10 times more colectors there. The AZ community is very small reletively speaking.
Nick :)

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Dan

If Nick is right, it certainly wouldn't be the first time. Maybe before you short sell this beauty you might want to consider sending it to me and letting me put it up on eBay. Generally when I offer a cue on AZ before I take it to auction, I end up outperforming my AZ asking price on eBay.

In any event, here's a bump for a really unique old Tad, properly refinished in Tad's shop, made from a rarish ebony Titlist blank. This is a cue that should have cross appeal to collectors in several categories.

I'm guessing that you can blame the economy for the fact that FatBoy (Eric Peterson if nobody else answered your question) hasn't snapped it up.

Thanks

Kevin

Soldtonight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Nick & Kevin, Thank you both...

Nick as always, thanks for the advice. Kevin, PM me your address. I am going out of town until Sunday. If I have not sold it by then, off to you it goes.
Thanks Again,
Dan Z

Soldtonight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Any cash offers out there?

Nothing but trade offers. Really looking for something special if I take a trade.
Dan Z