Zero-X Billiards PKF book

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anybody else get one of these? Got mine for Christmas and have to say I'm really impressed so far. By far the best visuals of any pool book I've ever seen and it has tons of them too! Not surprising from Tor as his videos are far and away the best in this regard too, but happy to see the same quality also available in print form.

Only through the first coupl sections so far and really excited to get to the rest. Well worth the $40.

DCS_SF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have it. It is a fantastic companion to his vids. Since I don't have a pool table at home it's nice to watch the vids and then bring the book for reference at the table.

I have been super impressed with everything he has put out. He really has the best stuff on the market right now IMHO.

Joe Pickens

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have it and I agree that this is another quality product put out by Tor and the Zero-X Billiards team.

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anybody else get one of these? Got mine for Christmas and have to say I'm really impressed so far. By far the best visuals of any pool book I've ever seen and it has tons of them too! Not surprising from Tor as his videos are far and away the best in this regard too, but happy to see the same quality also available in print form.

Only through the first coupl sections so far and really excited to get to the rest. Well worth the $40.

If you like PKF as many others do, then you will really like the soon to be released next publication.

https://www.facebook.com/ZeroXBilli...07520000.1482681119./1472011322817025/?type=3

Have fun and Happy New Year.

John

Attachments

• Pattern Puzzles.jpg
    Pattern Puzzles.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 1,848
Last edited:

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I've had one for quite a while and I'm disappointed in the quality of the pictures.
Some of them are very small and it's hard to see the balls and most if not all are too dark.

I do like the quality of paper though.
Seems like it could handle going to the pool hall and not being babied without getting all torn up.
So in that sense it's definitely a quality book.
But if you can't see the pictures too well then you're not gonna take the book.

Kevin3824

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have had that book since around November 2. I really like it. It seems to be made of quality materials and closely follows the Pattern Play video set which is his latest version of secrets. I own his DVD sets as well. I would also highly recommend downloading his other two pdf files and printing them out then putting them in page protectors in a three ring binder. I too have issues with seeing the small pictures and balls in the images and that is my only complaint with any of his products. Having literally hundreds of books of different drills at your fingertips and access to a pool table is a great thing. If you practice those drills you will definitely improve your game.

On a side note he did some work recently with Mike Massey and Mike just put out a book as well you might want to check out called 50 shots.

Skippy27

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got it as well and have enjoyed what I have gone through of it. It appears to go right along with his excellent videos.

I am looking forward to the pattern puzzle book.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've watched some of his instructional videos, and it's on an 8ft table.

Secret 3 video is hard to judge from the angle, but might appear to be on an 8ft table as well.

That doesn't answer the question.

You have a tendency to make demanding posts, ie Shane should play xxx for $xxx

But this is the most odd. Why do you insist Tor do his videos on a 9' table?

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
GOT MINE NOT LONG AGO. 1 OF THE BEST WELL EXPLAINED BOOKS ON THE MARKET EVER IN REGARDS TO POOL. HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT! LOL AND I OWNED EVERY BOOK EVER CAME OUT ON POOL SINCE LATE 1970S. BOOKS IS 2 :thumbup::thumbup:!!

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That doesn't answer the question.

You have a tendency to make demanding posts, ie Shane should play xxx for $xxx

But this is the most odd. Why do you insist Tor do his videos on a 9' table?

9ft table is the standard pool size table.

When's the last time a pool tournament streamed was played on an 8ft table??

World 9b, US Open 9b, China Open, Turning Stones, SBE, DCC, all played on a 9ft table.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy his videos and think they're great. His instructions are highly valuable no matter the table size. Its just I rather see it being shown on a 9ft table.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

World 9b, US Open 9b, China Open, Turning Stones, SBE, DCC, all played on a 9ft table.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy his videos and think they're great. His instructions are highly valuable no matter the table size. Its just I rather see it being shown on a 9ft table.

What does it matter though?

It surely doesn't affect the learning experience.

bstroud

Deceased
Best book on pool I have ever seen.

Learning how to find Center Ball is priceless.

You have to adapt to whatever size table is available.

Bill S.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

He's definitely has a blue label nine foot diamond in the Mike Massey video trailer...

https://youtu.be/hwl3sT9Qvbs

Also a new video coming soon "banking on a diamond" so I imagine Tor uses the same table for that video too.

PocketSpeed11

AzB Long Member
Silver Member
I'm interested in that pattern play book for sure. I'm hoping the more advanced content is considerable. If one of you receives it next month, please review.