Gus szamboti

tikkler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It almost looks new doesnt it..... This cue Gus made with WICO points (vinyl) Barry has only seen maybe 3of these and believes his father may have made only around 7 of them using these vinyl points. This one is in unbelievable original condition

IMG_0819.jpg

IMG_0822.jpg

IMG_0825.jpg

IMG_0827.jpg

IMG_0829.jpg

IMG_0837.jpg

poolcuemaster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How does it play ? I could only hope it plays as good as it looks. Very nice cue from the man with all the very nice cues.--Leonard

c and c

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey why not I haven't been hitting the balls too good lately. I'm sure a new Gus would turn my game around...lol

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hay Steve

I wonder if you have a Szam from back when he used some of Danny's forearms. It would be a very early Gus.
As usual, Sweet!
Nick :)

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
It almost looks new doesnt it..... This cue Gus made with WICO points (vinyl) Barry has only seen maybe 3of these and believes his father may have made only around 7 of them using these vinyl points. This one is in unbelievable original condition

IMG_0819.jpg

IMG_0822.jpg

IMG_0825.jpg

IMG_0827.jpg

IMG_0829.jpg

IMG_0837.jpg

Thanks very much for sharing this cue, I remember reading that Gus made a few cues in the Early 1970's using WICO points but I never thought I would see one. This cue really have one hell of Providence though, a Gus Szamboti Cue that has Points that were designed and possible even made by Bob Meucci, all I can say is WOW!!!!!!:D

Thanks again.

tikkler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks very much for sharing this cue, I remember reading that Gus made a few cues in the Early 1970's using WICO points but I never thought I would see one. This cue really have one hell of Providence though, a Gus Szamboti Cue that has Points that were designed and possible even made by Bob Meucci, all I can say is WOW!!!!!!:D

Thanks again.

The colors on those wico points just jump right off the cue...they look great

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Steve,
The cue looks great. Is it a 3 point or is it a 4 point cue?

tikkler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can't beat the old school ....... exceptional piece Steve.

Where do you only find them all ? :D

Berny

Berny, I bought a bunch of them over the years from Mark Kalungian. I have had this particular Gus for about 3 years now. I have bought a couple of others from some other people too

poohkiller

Still life.
Silver Member
Steve,

I thought I would put your cue and another one next to each other, hoping / guessing that you may have not seen the other one.
Briefly, what I saw is one unbelievable pair from the two great-grand masters:
Balabushka, George - TommyT - roughly 15k - butt sleeve.jpg

I think they would look so nice next to each other :)

PS: I hope TommyT doesn't mind me using his pic, although I'll PM him now asking about it.

tikkler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Steve,

I thought I would put your cue and another one next to each other, hoping / guessing that you may have not seen the other one.
Briefly, what I saw is one unbelievable pair from the two great-grand masters:

View attachment 103961

I think they would look so nice next to each other :)

PS: I hope TommyT doesn't mind me using his pic, although I'll PM him now asking about it.

That Gus is a beauty.....I love those white rings, are they above the wrap also

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Its a four ponter
Thanks Steve. I am trying to follow all these cues with Vinyl points to have a better idea in the future of who made the blanks. When Bob Meucci quit making the "Wico" blanks he gave the system to Gordon Hart. Gordon made mostly 3 point blanks and only stayed in the cue parts business a short time. That is why we see so many late 60's and early 70's cues with parts that look like Vikings. I never got the years from Gordon that he made parts, but he told me he had a whole catalog of cue parts. I would like to have one of those catalogs for my collection if you ever run up on any of them.

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
The other great WICO point cue I know of I used to own. It's a wedge Palmer and I believe Tate may own that cue. It is also one of the best examples of WICO points, not only in the points, but in the wedge.

Steve's Gus and that Palmer are two of the best examples currently known..

(Steve not meant to hi-jack.. just educate)

JV

Last edited: