world 14.1 updates

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I left before the end of the last two matches, but here are my impressions of Friday's play.

In the quarterfinals

1) Tony Robles crushed Stevie Moore, about 200-120.

2) Hohmann ran 141 and destroyed Mike Davis, leading 180-1 at one point.

3) Ortmann's 125 ball run was too much for Earl Herring.

4) Stefan Cohen continued his superb play, beating Zaid Thweib easily.

5) Immonen beat Madenjian in a match I didn't see.

6) Archer beat Deuel in a match I didn't see.

7) Charlie Williams beat Jim Gottier easily.

8) Johnni Fulcher crushed Allen Hopkins.

In the semis:

1) Ortmann cruised against Johnni Fulcher, about 200-50.

2) Immonen made over 140 in his first two innings against Hohmann, and, despite some late mistakes, went on to a very solid victory.

3) Tony Robles ran a 95 against Stefan Cohen just before I left and leads Stefan Cohen about 100-10.

4) Charlie Williams, who ran the first 56, led Archer about 60-20 when I left.

Ortmann will play Immonen in one semifinal and the other match will feature the winners of the two matches still in progress.

That's all for now.

oldzilla

Accu-Stats Messenger
Silver Member
well

wel, now today is the semi-finalls and finals.it has been a long week of very great playing. i have enjoyed bringing you all the info i could supply.
it surely has grown with the threads and posts being spread throughtout the forums. it is good to see all the interest in this event.

thank you very much to everyone who helped me with this thread of info.

Zilla

:cool:

oldzilla

Accu-Stats Messenger
Silver Member
bump

cohen has defeated archer 200-104

next up ortmann vs. immonen

get your popcorn !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

oldzilla

Accu-Stats Messenger
Silver Member
2nd semi

immonen defeats ortmann in the 2nd semi 200-183.

the finals will be,

stephan cohen vs. mika immonen.:thumbup:

nathandumoulin

WPBL / RUNOUT MEDIA
Silver Member
The finals is to what? 200? Or 250?

EDIT: Never mind. It's to 200. The commentators mentioned it as soon as I hit POST.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Mika 200-108. That's my prediction. He kills in the finals!

It might not be that close. Mika's on a run of 41 to start the match up 41-0. I thought Cohen had to get out of the blocks first to have a chance, but Mika might make this a 2 or 3 inning match.

stikapos

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mika has found a way to choke twice in the late part of this match. I'm cheering for Cohen. I will soooooooo love watching Mika choke this match away.
tim

stikapos

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
aggghhhhh.....aagggggghhhhh.....Mika choked it away. What a match by Cohen. Wish I was there to see it in person.

tim

perspicaz

o-^-*-^-o
Silver Member
Cohen thanked DiLiberto for mentoring him into the win. You could see DiLiberto almost crying. Beautiful. :thumbup:

Voodoo Daddy

One Pocket 101
Cohen thanked DiLiberto for mentoring him into the win. You could see DiLiberto almost crying. Beautiful. :thumbup:

Stephan Cohan, basically self-taught 14.1 in Paris by Accu-stats videos, had the luck of meeting Danny D in France and taking and interest in him. Man am I happy for Stephan!!! He was a from what I was told a child phenom at tennis in his youth but injury sent him indoors and man did all that hard work pay off!!