Earl and Meucci again..

RD3P

Banned
Earl can shoot some stick.

i hate to be the first to point this out , but, where did all the Earl or even the Meucci hater's go.....they dont want to chime in on this thread?
:ignore:

Pelican

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Heres hoping both Earl and Meucci find their best form again:grin:

Maybe this alliance will be beneficial to both. I have been a Meucci dealer for some time and they could use a boost in the quality control and service performance departments. Perhaps if Earl brings them into the spotlight it will give them the incentive to achieve a higher level in both areas.

Wish yoiu the best Earl,

Pel

zy112

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope everything works out for him as he has always been one of my favorites. As well as meucci, then everything I had warped. Hopefully Bob has it together.

elizabeth

Lisa Strickland
Silver Member
This is very cool news!. I met Earl at Starchers Billiards in Ohio back in the day. He was very nice and hit some balls with the Black Boar I had at the time. It's nice to see Earl still wanting to play great and win!

Lisa, check out the pic next to my name.....how old was Earl then?

thanx,

I would have to say in his twenties not sure which tournament #at Starchers id have to ask him and get back w/you on that...Our good friend Joe Kerr was the tournament director at that event..

elizabeth

Lisa Strickland
Silver Member
ive watched earl for years and you can look at his 80's video's and some 90's video's and see a masterfull display of confidence and pocketing skills, but something happened and i dont know if it was physical or mental or just switching cues back and forth but he did develope a glitch in his form. I went almost 10 years without playing or watching pool and when i started back watching a few months back i watched earl on a few video's and live streams and i was thinking to myself ...when did he start doing that? and why is he doing that? im talking about 1 thing not all the things he wears or any gadgets! I'm talking about a flaw as i see it in his form/mechanics. Im a huge Earl fan and i tried when i started playing to imulate everything in his form/stance/stroke/style when i started playing so i pretty much reccognized something different when i seen him playing a few months back....also i know how freggin hard it would be to overcome this change even for him or anyone....i will bet no one on here can guess what it is (Earls million dollar answer too).......the answer to him dominating again :eek: so its time to do some Earl studying of video's everyone:D i was really hoping that someone that knew him on here would tell him what i noticed but i was also thinking that why would he listen to me? i dont have 5 US open trophies or any of the other hundreds of titles like he has.....But i do have the vision of what and how Earl played :D

The only way I know how to answer this question is with the truth...Earl and I started dating in 1988 and married in 1991 we divorced in 2003 due solely on my part.I know Earl and I made a great team and he was comfortable at that time only worries was practice practice.He switched from Meucci to Cuetec which at that time was a business transaction Cuetec was offering years and years of guart.salary.There is a difference in cues regardless. When u get use to winning with something and switch from wood to graphite the feel and the play changes and you have to make adjustments actually your ability has to overcome in certain areas.By no means no disregard to Cuetec.Although Earl did well for a few years with the cue the level of his play suffered..and so did his confidence.Earl won over 80 tournament titles w/ a Meucci cue so just maybe when he gets the feel back playing with it his confidence level will raise.I am so very happy to see him happy about playing again...

elizabeth

Lisa Strickland
Silver Member
I first met Earl at Starchers about 83 or 84 when Earl was living in Richmond KY and Monroe Brock was staking him. He hit some balls with a Szamboti I had but prefered his Meucci! He told me he liked to feel it go "BOING" when he broke the balls. LOL We became friends and kinda hung in the same croud for several years. I remember when he met you Lisa, or at least the time period! He was like a puppy and didn't come out and party with all of us. LOL PW we called it at the time! LOL All kidding aside I know you were a steadying influence on Earl and kept him from losing his cool during that time period. I'm glad that you've remained a close friend after splitting.

I was at the Open and was really pulling for Earl. He started out looking like the Earl of old! I wish he could have held it all together and pulled off a 6TH US Open Victory. Maybe next year using his Meucci!

Tell Earl that Sherm said "HI" and I'm hoping he can get his confidence back.

just more hot air!

Sherm

OH, BTW my avitar is an old pic from the Classic Cup at the Pheasant Run Resort, outside of Chicago. Circa 1986 ???

Actually Sherm I have this pic as well.At the open is where Meucci and Earl started talking about this arrangement.Earl ended up at Meucci after the open and he has a bright new attitude and outlook.Earl will now reside near the Meucci plant in Memphis..

tduncan

Bet something...
Silver Member
I thought the Meucci plant was in Biloxi, MS? Am I wrong?

Last edited:

irock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for posting and filling us in elizabeth, and when you talk to the Pearl again, tell him to drop in on AZ and let us know what he is up to.

elizabeth

Lisa Strickland
Silver Member
I hope everything works out for him as he has always been one of my favorites. As well as meucci, then everything I had warped. Hopefully Bob has it together.

Thank you I think lol~.When you a a wooden cue u have to protect it from the elements.as picky as Earl is and Bob is a great business man i believe the quality on both parts will benefit all the player and the consumer...

elizabeth

Lisa Strickland
Silver Member
Thanks for posting and filling us in elizabeth, and when you talk to the Pearl again, tell him to drop in on AZ and let us know what he is up to.

I sure will.and for all of those that questioned the million dollar tournament on whether Earl got paid.yes he did.......

elizabeth

Lisa Strickland
Silver Member
I remember seeing Earl at one of the B C Opens in Binghamton, NY. He was playing with a Joss cue at the time.

Earl started out playing w/ a Joss but won his first tournament the Dayton Open w/ a Meucci and switched to a Cuetec in early 90sI know for sure he won 80 tournaments w/ a Meucci I use to handle his Player bio and keeping it updated.He switched to Cuetec after we were married in 1991..

RD3P

Banned
i always figured that any pro playing with a cutec would just have a custom Real regular wood shaft made for the butt, and use it on the down lo, so they didnt have to deal with the fiberglass crappyness, and still get payd by there sponsor....hell if i was earl i would of had meucci make me a stick that looked exacttly like a cutec

Last edited:

elizabeth

Lisa Strickland
Silver Member
Earl started out playing w/ a Joss but won his first tournament the Dayton Open w/ a Meucci and switched to a Cuetec in early 90sI know for sure he won 80 tournaments w/ a Meucci I use to handle his Player bio and keeping it updated.He switched to Cuetec after we were married in 1991..

I want to Thank Everybody for their Best Wishes and kind words..It has been a rough few years for Earl.His game has suffered as well as his health.I know not everyone will wish him well and I dont have to say nice things about him because im not married to him anymore.I just want to say he is a GREAT person with abundance of talent and his biggest down fall has been himself .He told me a story about he was in the 8th grade in a math class and the teacher noticed he was doing something she asked Earl what are you doing He said "Im running out".Playing pool has been his life and when things start changing sometimes you dont know how to adjust..or to change with it.
Anyway Thank you everybody...

elizabeth

Lisa Strickland
Silver Member
i always figured that any pto playing with a cutec would just have a custom Real regular wood shaft made for the butt so they didnt have to deal with the fiberglass crappyness

not in Earls case he played with the cues just like they were sold off the shelf...

stevemcqueen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
re

i have faith in earl he is back! i cant believe these rumours that he wont be on the mosconi cup team! i believe it when i see it in black and white...