2010 BCAPL Southwest Regional Championships Late Entry Deadlines Extended

argonath

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where can you see who is entered, number of entries, and add per event!

You probably have to check with each appropriate league president to see who they may have going.

The teams arent listed on the league websites.

Of course, since the early registration has been extended, they might not be listing everyone until all registrations are in.

argonath

12310bch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Argonath,you say in your article the BCAPL Regional Championship
is," The Southwest Regional Championships is the qualifier for the March 2011 Southwest Challenge."
This leaves me confused, which is, incidentally, my most common mental state, as the 2011 Southwest challenge is an APA sanctioned event.

Please explain this to me because there are other things in this world about which I want to go on to be confused.

sunnyday

Ima Gangsta Bunny!
Silver Member
is," The Southwest Regional Championships is the qualifier for the March 2011 Southwest Challenge."
This leaves me confused, which is, incidentally, my most common mental state, as the 2011 Southwest challenge is an APA sanctioned event.

Please explain this to me because there are other things in this world about which I want to go on to be confused.

Holy.... Wow, good notice:eek: That is a major discrepancy there. This event is BCAPL Regional Championship and is NOT a qualifier to any other event!

S.

Last edited:

Holly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

I will have to read Argonath's article. But the SWR is not a qualifier for that or any other event. If it was :) it would be for the BCAPL Nationals.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

12310bch are you going to be taking order for Lizard Acres T-shirts, and how many are in the Event you were talkin about entering?

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Ken, the BCAPL and the APA are 2 totally different organizations, hope you can edit things quickly before the word goes around and confusion grows.

12310bch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
12310bch are you going to be taking order for Lizard Acres T-shirts, and how many are in the Event you were talkin about entering?

Only 10 so far. B open coed. ratings 4-6. I don't know if it's handicapped or not. There is a lot of guys and girls at that level. I see them all the time at The Ox tourneys. No chicks have signed up. It' s kinda pricey considering there is no share of added money.

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
SW regional - COED (AZ 4-6)

We are miffed.

The 4 - 6 AZ class is a huge division. I think AZ has close to 12,000 or so players in that rating.

We were requested to have this 'B' division because so many of the players won't play in the open division. And we did not allow anyone who is not in the AZ rankings to play.

So why are you guys (and gils) not playing?

If they don't play then we missed the mark. If there is no interest in portions of an event, that is what gets changed in future years.

So maybe can tell me where are all of thes AZ 4-6 speed players.

Mark Griffin

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Only 10 so far. B open coed. ratings 4-6. I don't know if it's handicapped or not. There is a lot of guys and girls at that level. I see them all the time at The Ox tourneys. No chicks have signed up. It' s kinda pricey considering there is no share of added money.

Wonder why if the BCAPL is adding what was it 6K to the Event, but the B open coed. ratings 4-6 gets ZIP!

You are correct there are a lot of 4's to 6's, and they not only play the OX, by Metro, and Northern also!

Last edited:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
We are miffed.

The 4 - 6 AZ class is a huge division. I think AZ has close to 12,000 or so players in that rating.

Yes but how many of that 12,000 Number are still in Arizona, Still Living, or Even play Pool any more 1 x, per Month any more.

Last edited:

argonath

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Sorry Im so late getting back to responding... decided to do a poker night.

Ok. I am under the impression that this is a 'qualifier' for Arizona for the March 2011 Southwest Challenge, which will be against numerous states in the southwest. By qualifier, I mean the determination of teams from AZ.

Now, you ask about APA, BCA, well, I beleive that both associations are taking part.

1. Its set on the Phoenix APA site http://phx.apaleagues.com/Calendar.aspx

This will take place at Main Street Billiards, and is called the Southwest Challenge INTRO tournament.

2. Its on the BCA and AHSPL (BCA) http://www.azhotshotsonline.com/news-mainmenu-2/1-latest/319-bcapl-sw-regional-championship.html and

So we have a bcapl and an apa southwest challenge, and for both, a REGIONAL tournament occurring before the March 2011 main challenge event.

If I am in error in my assessment of it being a qualifier, well... its complex isnt it? Both the bcapl and apa are calling a certain event the Southwest Challenge and in particular in September... a REGIONAL SW Challenge.

Here is the MAIN SW CHallenge in March 2011... and it was an APA story.

http://www.examiner.com/billiards-in-phoenix/apa-southwest-challenge-coming-march-2011

argonath

sunnyday

Ima Gangsta Bunny!
Silver Member
Sorry Im so late getting back to responding... decided to do a poker night.

Ok. I am under the impression that this is a 'qualifier' for Arizona for the March 2011 Southwest Challenge, which will be against numerous states in the southwest. By qualifier, I mean the determination of teams from AZ.

Now, you ask about APA, BCA, well, I beleive that both associations are taking part.

1. Its set on the Phoenix APA site http://phx.apaleagues.com/Calendar.aspx

This will take place at Main Street Billiards, and is called the Southwest Challenge INTRO tournament.

2. Its on the BCA and AHSPL (BCA) http://www.azhotshotsonline.com/news-mainmenu-2/1-latest/319-bcapl-sw-regional-championship.html and

So we have a bcapl and an apa southwest challenge, and for both, a REGIONAL tournament occurring before the March 2011 main challenge event.

If I am in error in my assessment of it being a qualifier, well... its complex isnt it? Both the bcapl and apa are calling a certain event the Southwest Challenge and in particular in September... a REGIONAL SW Challenge.

Here is the MAIN SW CHallenge in March 2011... and it was an APA story.

http://www.examiner.com/billiards-in-phoenix/apa-southwest-challenge-coming-march-2011

argonath

Wow! You really need to do your homework a little bit... You are doing everyone a dis-service by printing misinformation!

Just because there are two tournament with one regional name doesn't make a difference! Why? There is only one Southwest Region, like there is only one state of Arizona! Did you ever notice BCAPL has Arizona State Championship and VNEA (another competing league) has Arizona State Championship in same year? Do you think they all qualify for APA Championship?

To say BCAPL Regional Championship qualifies for APA Tournament is like saying Coka Cola is holding/ funding a taste challenge to prove Pepsi taste better. Or Michigan Wolverines coach saying Ohio State Buckeys had better football team:rolleyes:

Does that clarify? BCAPL and APA are competing leagues!

S.

TimKrazyMon

Kid Delicious' Evil Twin
Silver Member
For future reference Ken, follow this rule and you'll be ok. Nothing relating to BCAPL will ever feed into anything APA, and nothing APA will ever feed into BCAPL.

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
BCAPL SW REGIONAL championships

Ken,

To someone outside of the industry, it can be confusing. However, the BCAPL event is a Regional Championship for BCAPL members.

It is not a 'qualifier' for anything.

You said the APA was called the Southwest Challenge Intro.

Those are not the same title. They are not in the same place and not on the same dates.

Bad information not only hurts the events, it hurts your credibility.

In the future, PLEASE contact our office and one phone call can avoid any future confusion.

Respectfully,

Mark Griffin, CEO
CSI - BCAPL - USAPL

Holly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ken, we've talked about a couple of issues a few months ago, one is your taking other people's work and passing it off seemingly as if you wrote it (write-ups, articles) and not giving credit properly. This also includes press releases. You know what I'm saying is true There has been several incorrect articles that you've also posted that misleads people who read your..."Column".

I'd like to think your heart is in the right place, but to be an "expert" in a field you need to have more knowledge than what you possess at this time. Please either research better, start smaller, more local or regionalized instead of taking on subjects and topics your not ready to take on...it's killing any future credibility you would have had as a pool and billiards writer. I hope you recognize this.