Greyghosts aiming method.......come step into the darkness

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
Hi all,

before all are just saying *nonsense* or *wtf is that*...

Check out SAM and *Aiming by numbers*(contact-to-contact-point system by Tucker)! And then think about it. Both have some common points-
To me it looks interesting-unfortuneatley i can t test it until i m able to walk again- imo it really isn t nonsense. It s a contact-to-contact system, and keebie found for himself a way to aim easier with the shadows.

like ever- there is nor GRAL OF AIM in pool. You just have to think about it and look what works for you!

Can t wait to test a bit *around* with it.

lg
ingo

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
Rofl.....just imagined how Keebies Army would look like after he took-over the world :p

Think there would be thousands of pool-players using helmets with candles or lights on it :p ....:grin-square:
Shadows for the win^^

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Rofl.....just imagined how Keebies Army would look like after he took-over the world :p

Think there would be thousands of pool-players using helmets with candles or lights on it :p ....:grin-square:
Shadows for the win^^

How you think we catch frogs down here?

Attachments

• 61200-m.jpg
    61200-m.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 870

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
GG,

I'm slightly confused (as usual). On your drawing in the OP, the top drawing shows the axis line from the center of the cueball directed to a spot in between the edge of the object ball and the outer edge of the shadow. On the bottom drawing, the axis line is directed to the edge of the object ball. Why the difference???

Maniac

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
It's nonsense. For one thing, the shadows you show on your drawing can't be produced by lights centered over the table.

pj
chgo
greyghost:
i said it isn't to scale...
Scale has nothing to do with it.

You need those shadows in those positions in order to make those shots, but it's impossible to get those shadows in the real world. I'm pretty sure most shots in the real world have the same problem with your "system".

pj
chgo

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
My table is very well lit. I thought the same thing. I also thought- how are you supposed to see the shadow on the far side of the ball?? Knowing greyghost's history on here, I figured I'd go downstairs and check it out. I threw a ball up on the table and looked to see if I could see the shadow. My next thought was- "Where in the heck did THAT come from??" And, "How come I've never noticed that shadow before?" It's actually quite prominent!

So..... the system DOES have merit, good job Keeb!

Oy vey.

pj
chgo

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
Thanks for taking the time to share your system GG.. It works for you and that's what counts..

Seems that too many get their panties up in a bunch if it does not suit their needs?? Peace, JoeyK

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'll try this later tonight if I remember. It looks as if it's the right contact point and if I can see the shadows, it's easier for me to aim at a whole object than a tiny point. But...

I thought we were trying to get pool out from the shadows and into the mainstream? This may be a set back :).

Dave

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
GG-

I'll give it a try. What could it hurt?

I'm thinking-from the ghost-shadows?-it could happen.

Life and pool can be more interesting/curious if we notice oddities and test them in order to accept or reject them. 'No' doesn't give 'maybe' a fair shot at proven useful.

Light reflections on the ball/fly on the wall/shadows-who could know.

Ghost-keep em coming. Neil likes it-that ain't all bad.

Take care

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
O.K., I just spent about a half hour on my table checking out this method. Let me just sum it up by saying- Keeb, if I had any money, I would send you some! I am at the age that it is hard to see the balls. Especially the contact point on some shots. That shadow is the NUTS! I freely admit that I didn't know if you were B.S.'ing us or not at first. But, it really does work. Not on every shot, but a lot of shots. The shadow edge is right across from the contact point, and you just aim to hit the shadow edge!

Again, Thanks! I know you took a lot of flack for your posting this. And, I probably will too. I don't care, it's worth it!

thanks a bunch Neil!!....I expected to get flack thats why I took so long from the time I discovered this untill I actually started really speaking about it open in public....johnnyt was correct in his thinking about the spot on the wall....this is more i guess the "spot on the ball"....

did you see how when you get closer to 90º cut you switch off to aiming the edges of the CB to that spot? Thats really the only shift in the aiming method that I've seen.

It does have characteristics of a point to point system.......

but the main feature that I suprised me, and Neil is the fact that there is actually a VISUAL AIM POINT.....NOT IMAGINARY......its very unique...

Neil if you can play with it more and help to explain it here via text that would help.....sounds like you are understanding the method at least to some degree...its just hard thats why we are going to be including in on the video/s

-Grey Ghost-

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
thanks a bunch Neil!!....I expected to get flack thats why I took so long from the time I discovered this untill I actually started really speaking about it open in public....johnnyt was correct in his thinking about the spot on the wall....this is more i guess the "spot on the ball"....

did you see how when you get closer to 90º cut you switch off to aiming the edges of the CB to that spot? Thats really the only shift in the aiming method that I've seen.

It does have characteristics of a point to point system.......

but the main feature that I suprised me, and Neil is the fact that there is actually a VISUAL AIM POINT.....NOT IMAGINARY......its very unique...

Neil if you can play with it more and help to explain it here via text that would help.....sounds like you are understanding the method at least to some degree...its just hard thats why we are going to be including in on the video/s

-Grey Ghost-

HI Neil,

Buddy- it s not my system....but thx that there are still ppl who re testing first before starting dumb comments! But from that i know from you i was sure about that^^
And that this is working for you...i enjoy it really :)

Now i m going even more crazy that i can t play atm -_-

And further: Meanwhile found some older text about the Tucker System. It s really a bit common with that what Keebie wrote and shown. I was sure that he wouldn t write any garbage,

lg
Ingo

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
One thing with "the shadow system"- I'm quite sure some will try it and still say B.S. And, for them, they will be correct. The reason they will be correct, is because it depends on how far off the table your head is. The higher you stand, the less reliable, IMHO. Your height off the table changes just where you see that edge of the shadow. The lower, the better.

There where shots that I went "well, this isn't really that close to where I need to hit." Then, I would get down lower, and see that it was right where I needed to hit.

So, before you dismiss it, try different heights off the table.

Thats a good point i forgot to bring up neil.........thanks for bringing that to everyones attention...

SK Custom cues......yes there are going to be some instructional videos soon coming that I will be co-creating with mnorwood (azuser) for his "forcefollow" youtube site

The video is supposed to be VERY VERY HIGH DEF......we have a amazing camera on hold for us....there are going to be plans to release a DVD of it

as for a book well yes of course....but that is a ways away my friend, tho it is a definite big goal of mine that I shall fulfill.

This is just a taste lol.....so eat it up

It takes much time to even get to the point where you can even stumble upon something simple like this.....then you have to test it, you have to be patient....or else you get eaten alive by guys like patrick or Neil or me lol b/c it just doesn't work or wasn't well thought out enough.....

so for people to take their time out to even think of testing out my technique is more respect than I could ask for.....there are so many gaff techniques out there and I didn't want this to be another one.....I really saw some benefits in it and am amazingly glad to have solid and informed players see its benefits too.

Of course like I said its not the end all but it has become a staple in my game....and at least for me it works very efficiently.

Thanks everyone,
-Keebie

Last edited:

D-Rock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will spend some time with this when I get home. Thanks for posting this, its always fun to learn something new.

ballbanger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
tried it for a while on my home table, and where i play totally different tables and lights 9 footers. works sweet was having a problem with a certain shots works great drained ball after ball.
i always like reading what you and neil have to say.

Falcon Eddie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great discovery on your part Greyghost. I have been doing this for years and probably discovered it the same way you did. It is another way to use different sighting points. All balls will cast shadows it's just knowing how they line up with the object ball and pocket. I don't know if anyone teaches this stuff but for me it was another way to sight a shot. If it works for you...it's hard to argue with success