SVB vs Mika but not Archer

ccshrimper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw a picture of the table Mika and Shane are playing on and it looked like a pretty tight Gold Crown. 2 balls didn't come close to fitting in the pocket so I'm guessing it's smaller than 4.5" pockets.

Why will Shane play Mika on a tight GC like this but not Archer? Is it due to respect for Archer's game or maybe not wanting to give in to Archer's demands? I don't think Shane is scared of JA so I'm guessing it's an ego thing. I'd like to know if Shane respects JA's game more than Mika's since he went to Mika's homeroom to play him on a GC but wouldn't do it against JA.

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member
I saw a picture of the table Mika and Shane are playing on and it looked like a pretty tight Gold Crown. 2 balls didn't come close to fitting in the pocket so I'm guessing it's smaller than 4.5" pockets.

Why will Shane play Mika on a tight GC like this but not Archer? Is it due to respect for Archer's game or maybe not wanting to give in to Archer's demands? I don't think Shane is scared of JA so I'm guessing it's an ego thing. I'd like to know if Shane respects JA's game more than Mika's since he went to Mika's homeroom to play him on a GC but wouldn't do it against JA.

they all play close.
archer wants everything his way.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
"they all play close."

ccshrimper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
they all play close.
archer wants everything his way.

Looks like Mika did too since it's basically the same game Archer asked for. SVB went to Mika's homeroom and is playing him on a tight gold crown. Arhcer did concede to play 10-ball even though I'm sure he'd rather play SVB 9-ball so not everything was his way.

JasonCrugar

analysis paralysis
Silver Member

Good post. I was thinking the same thing. Also I wonder why mika didn't have to put up two sets and play on a diamond of shane's choosing. I dont really care to hear an answer just something i was thinking about.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
There are no Diamond tables at Amsterdam. Only place with Diamonds in Manhattan is Society Billiards. To the untrained eye, both places look and feel practically indistinguishable.

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member
Looks like Mika did too since it's basically the same game Archer asked for. SVB went to Mika's homeroom and is playing him on a tight gold crown. Arhcer did concede to play 10-ball even though I'm sure he'd rather play SVB 9-ball so not everything was his way.

this table not close to archers table.

peter_gunn

])3a]) s']['rok3
Silver Member
I just purchase 3 days streaming of this event. But for now i can't get any video:(
Just white screen on new window and loading.... sh!t. Is it still early?

ccshrimper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
this table not close to archers table.

Gotcha Chris, just looked tight on that one picture I saw. Aramith balls are 2 1/4" diameter so two would be 4.5" and they didn't come close to fitting in the pocket so I figured that table was around 4.25" pockets but that's just a guess from looking at a picture. Supposedly JA's pockets are 4" so it doesn't look like they are that far off on the size of the pockets if SVB doesn't have a problem in NYC. You'd definitely know better than me so I trust your word on it. Pictures can be deceiving lol...