SVB vs Mika day 3 score updates

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No question, Shane plays great Ten Ball and has an awesome break. There are still several filipinos who can give him trouble at that very game - Ten Ball, Race To 100. Let's see, there's Francisco, Lee Vann, Dennis and Alex just to name four. Among his fellow Americans, only Johnny and Dennis Hatch are yet to be conquered. I for one, would like to see him match-up with either one of these guys.

thats the list of remaining people for SVB to beat, if he can beat them all then he will have taken over the world. Lee Vann seems to get to him for some reason, its a head trip-I believe shane is a better player and shouldnt have trouble with him but he does.

good job shane,

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Lee Van

gets to Shane because of Lee Van's monster break (in 9 ball at least). Shane views it as a threat. And Shane's 23 mph break in Tar19 I wouldn't call necessarily that hard of a break shot. Most pros would be up around 28mph.

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
thats the list of remaining people for SVB to beat, if he can beat them all then he will have taken over the world.

Errm, not exactly. There is still that place called Taiwan with a player or two. I think Wu and Yang should be on the list given whenever they show up to a tournament (Wu) or a match against a world beating gambler like Orcullo (Yang) they prove to be at the very top of the world. Reality is the rare times we actually see the Taiwan players come out in force they tend to be at least as dangerous as the Philipines can put out there.

dedstroke38

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
gets to Shane because of Lee Van's monster break (in 9 ball at least). Shane views it as a threat. And Shane's 23 mph break in Tar19 I wouldn't call necessarily that hard of a break shot. Most pros would be up around 28mph.

I don't really see why break speed is really an intimidating thing. Not like his face is behind the spot :grin: Shane breaks them 23 mph because he makes a ball about 90% of the time and he plays position on the one! It's amazing how many times he makes 3 balls and leaves the one hanging. It looks like he's on a walk in the park when he breaks the balls I guarantee you he has another 6-8 mph.