Cecil Tugwell - Passes Away

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Just let me start out bt saying, when ever a "Old School" player dies it's tragic. In Cecil Tugwell's case, his whole life was tragic.

Now to the Detroit action scene concerning Cecil, In 77 or 78, my long time road partner, Harold Densen and I made it up to Detroit. The night we arrived Jew Paul was playing Calhoun, $4,000.00 a game one pocket on the infamaous front snooker table. The place was packed, most likely 100 to 150 sweater's. Paul had a bet with at least 80% of them ranging from, $50.00 to $500.00 a game. What amazed me is that he kept track of EVERY bet he made. Needless to say, Harold and I stuck our nose in and started betting $100.00 a game, after a 30 hr session, Paul lost total around $40,000.00, we wound up $3,500.00 winner. We had thought we'd found, "the land of milk n honey".

After a day of rest and few days of grinding, we had a nice $5,000.00 bankroll. I stayed undercover for those few days and decided to go the the "Rack" about 7:00 am, hoping no one would be there. The only people in the room were the owner, Gil Elias and a young Mike "Captain Hook" Segal. I grabbed the billiards balls and after a little stalling, Gil sent Mike over to ask me to play, Gil knew I had a BR. We started out 20 pts. for $250.00 a game, I stalled enough to make it close, but after 2 games, Gil didn't go any further with Mike. Gil said, "I'll play a couple the same way before the crowd starts coming in". The same result occcured, not bad $800.00 before noon!

In the coming days we got friendly with all the right people, and "Big Jones" was one of them. He was the "BIG" black action in the room, along with "RedFox". They both mainly staked the black players. Harold and I told Jones we had a fairly unkown black player from LA that could rob most the players up there. He said, "go ahead and send for him, I'll try to get him down with Jew Paul".

Harold and I flew Cecil in, put him up in the hotel, Sheraton Southfield. Every day for breakfast we went to the "Stage Deli" on nine mile, they had the cutest Jewish young girls working there. So, here's how EVERY mourning started out at the "Stage". Harold and I order first and then the "Serp", he turns to the waitress and says, "I want 2 boxes of cornflakes and 1 banana in a BIG bowl", the girl says, "we only have one size". When all th food comes tho the table, the first thing out of Cecil's mouth is, "I said, I wanted a BIG bowl, are you ignant"? The poor girl replys, "Sir, we only have one size bowl. He proceeds to take the bowl of cereal and bananas and dumped it out on the table, "Now get me a bigger bowl". After the new bowl doesn't arrive, he storms out of the restaurant and walks to the poolroom. This is how EVERY day started with the" Serp" for about a week, we ran out of breakfast spots!

Finally, Jones talks Paul into playing Cecil getting 9 to7, 5 ahead for $50,000.00 on the snooker table. Paul felt he had fair game knowing Cecil didn't play on one. Now, Harold and Cecil had been on the road a few times together before, and Harold was one of the VERY few people that could even talk to him, and make some sense. We all agreed to 25% of his end of the score and our front money for expenses. All is good, so we thought!

Cecil and Paul play, naturally the Serp wins. Now it's time to cut the money, Cecil has to meet Jones in the mourning to get paid, he gets up early to go meet him. We wait at the room for him to come back, a no show. We call the pool room, Harvey says, "he's here", we go over on the card room side to get paid, thats when the "shit hit the fan". He says, "I'm not giving him nothn", "I'm nobody's *****". Not only did he not want to give me my end, but didn't want to give me my fronts for supporting him for 12 days. Harold and I beef of course, to NO avail! This guy was "J Arthur Rank" in the 1st degree!

When black "Chicago" came into the room, we had him call Jones to let him know what had occured. Jones and Chicago were very found of me and Harold, they knew we were "with it"! Chicago, put Cecil on the phone and in 5 mins. I had my money. After that, Harold and I wouldn't any more to do with the "Serp".

Cecil made a big score at the rack with his right hand. I remember coming in after going around to the bars and he and Jew Paul had been playing one pocket a long time. He won $40K. I can't remember what the spot was. I heard he bought a Rolls Royce, but I never saw that.

Carla

After a week of gettn HIGH and f**kn whores the Serp went and bought a 1975 Mercedes, not a Rolles Royce. A few nights later he picks up a stripper in a joint on 8 mile, after gettn high, the Serp is lookn for some kind of dividend for sharing, the young lady in question objects, stating high moral standards. Well, I guess that answer was the wrong one. The Serp proceeds to plant a right hook on her chin, out she goes! He runs out of the hotel room and left her lying there. This is the 100% TRUTH about how he broke his right hand. What I will say, Cecil was such a defiant and dertermined person to show everyone he was as good, if not better than them, it's no surprise he became 90% efficient lefty as righty!

All the hearts and flowers is really making this guy sound like a Saint. No one in this rackett is always on their best behaviour, but my personal experience with this individual, was at the least, unberable!

Some are going to say, "why bring this up, the mans dead", true enough, but with all the niceness there has to be some truth, and alot a times the truth isn't what people want to hear!

Like Seargent Joe Friday used to say, "Just the facts Maa'm, just the facts".

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"
http://www.mr3cushion.com

Just copying the story for posterity. It's very raw but thanks for telling it. Anybody else know about this?

And nobody who staked him in Detroit got paid?

Last edited:

Ed Wiggins

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
RIP Calhoun

The night we arrived Jew Paul was playing Calhoun, $4,000.00 a game one pocket on the infamaous front snooker table.

Calhoun (or Tex, or Bill Kelleher) the old road rogue died in Greensboro, NC about a month ago. He was in his late 70s. Funny, but like Lotsapoppa he spent his last days wasting away at Coliseum Billiards.

EW

Ed Wiggins

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hmmm!

A few nights later he picks up a stripper in a joint on 8 mile, after gettn high, the Serp is lookn for some kind of dividend for sharing, the young lady in question objects, stating high moral standards. Well, I guess that answer was the wrong one. The Serp proceeds to plant a right hook on her chin, out she goes! He runs out of the hotel room and left her lying there. This is the 100% TRUTH about how he broke his right hand.

Just wonderin'.
How would anyone know if this was the truth?

EW

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just let me start out bt saying, when ever a "Old School" player dies it's tragic. In Cecil Tugwell's case, his whole life was tragic.

Now to the Detroit action scene concerning Cecil, In 77 or 78, my long time road partner, Harold Densen and I made it up to Detroit. The night we arrived Jew Paul was playing Calhoun, $4,000.00 a game one pocket on the infamaous front snooker table. The place was packed, most likely 100 to 150 sweater's. Paul had a bet with at least 80% of them ranging from, $50.00 to $500.00 a game. What amazed me is that he kept track of EVERY bet he made. Needless to say, Harold and I stuck our nose in and started betting $100.00 a game, after a 30 hr session, Paul lost total around $40,000.00, we wound up $3,500.00 winner. We had thought we'd found, "the land of milk n honey".

After a day of rest and few days of grinding, we had a nice $5,000.00 bankroll. I stayed undercover for those few days and decided to go the the "Rack" about 7:00 am, hoping no one would be there. The only people in the room were the owner, Gil Elias and a young Mike "Captain Hook" Segal. I grabbed the billiards balls and after a little stalling, Gil sent Mike over to ask me to play, Gil knew I had a BR. We started out 20 pts. for $250.00 a game, I stalled enough to make it close, but after 2 games, Gil didn't go any further with Mike. Gil said, "I'll play a couple the same way before the crowd starts coming in". The same result occcured, not bad $800.00 before noon!

In the coming days we got friendly with all the right people, and "Big Jones" was one of them. He was the "BIG" black action in the room, along with "RedFox". They both mainly staked the black players. Harold and I told Jones we had a fairly unkown black player from LA that could rob most the players up there. He said, "go ahead and send for him, I'll try to get him down with Jew Paul".

Harold and I flew Cecil in, put him up in the hotel, Sheraton Southfield. Every day for breakfast we went to the "Stage Deli" on nine mile, they had the cutest Jewish young girls working there. So, here's how EVERY mourning started out at the "Stage". Harold and I order first and then the "Serp", he turns to the waitress and says, "I want 2 boxes of cornflakes and 1 banana in a BIG bowl", the girl says, "we only have one size". When all th food comes tho the table, the first thing out of Cecil's mouth is, "I said, I wanted a BIG bowl, are you ignant"? The poor girl replys, "Sir, we only have one size bowl. He proceeds to take the bowl of cereal and bananas and dumped it out on the table, "Now get me a bigger bowl". After the new bowl doesn't arrive, he storms out of the restaurant and walks to the poolroom. This is how EVERY day started with the" Serp" for about a week, we ran out of breakfast spots!

Finally, Jones talks Paul into playing Cecil getting 9 to7, 5 ahead for $50,000.00 on the snooker table. Paul felt he had fair game knowing Cecil didn't play on one. Now, Harold and Cecil had been on the road a few times together before, and Harold was one of the VERY few people that could even talk to him, and make some sense. We all agreed to 25% of his end of the score and our front money for expenses. All is good, so we thought!

Cecil and Paul play, naturally the Serp wins. Now it's time to cut the money, Cecil has to meet Jones in the mourning to get paid, he gets up early to go meet him. We wait at the room for him to come back, a no show. We call the pool room, Harvey says, "he's here", we go over on the card room side to get paid, thats when the "shit hit the fan". He says, "I'm not giving him nothn", "I'm nobody's *****". Not only did he not want to give me my end, but didn't want to give me my fronts for supporting him for 12 days. Harold and I beef of course, to NO avail! This guy was "J Arthur Rank" in the 1st degree!

When black "Chicago" came into the room, we had him call Jones to let him know what had occured. Jones and Chicago were very found of me and Harold, they knew we were "with it"! Chicago, put Cecil on the phone and in 5 mins. I had my money. After that, Harold and I wouldn't any more to do with the "Serp".

Cecil made a big score at the rack with his right hand. I remember coming in after going around to the bars and he and Jew Paul had been playing one pocket a long time. He won $40K. I can't remember what the spot was. I heard he bought a Rolls Royce, but I never saw that.

Carla

After a week of gettn HIGH and f**kn whores the Serp went and bought a 1975 Mercedes, not a Rolles Royce. A few nights later he picks up a stripper in a joint on 8 mile, after gettn high, the Serp is lookn for some kind of dividend for sharing, the young lady in question objects, stating high moral standards. Well, I guess that answer was the wrong one. The Serp proceeds to plant a right hook on her chin, out she goes! He runs out of the hotel room and left her lying there. This is the 100% TRUTH about how he broke his right hand. What I will say, Cecil was such a defiant and dertermined person to show everyone he was as good, if not better than them, it's no surprise he became 90% efficient lefty as righty!

All the hearts and flowers is really making this guy sound like a Saint. No one in this rackett is always on their best behaviour, but my personal experience with this individual, was at the least, unberable!

Some are going to say, "why bring this up, the mans dead", true enough, but with all the niceness there has to be some truth, and alot a times the truth isn't what people want to hear!

Like Seargent Joe Friday used to say, "Just the facts Maa'm, just the facts".

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"
http://www.mr3cushion.com

Iagree with you old timer,the truth is the truth and no lie could ever cover up the truth,btw thanks for the great story!

Reds hydraulics

Registered
Cecil had a big heart and helped lessor players like me

Well, I've been reading on this forum for over 2 yrs. I thought this would be a great time to chime in with some great memories about cecil. please bear with me....don't wanna miss nothing....
I had been going to hard times, ca for many yrs. I am a B+ to a- player...I was a 9 rating in Phx , az when I left there 10 yrs ago. I came from phx, az To la, ca with no friends but had some money. First place I go to is Hardtimes.
I have been playing pool for 20 yrs...hung out with great players like danny deliberto at Golden eight ball , Jimmy Mendoza, cheeseburger, Gus, Scott frost and my mentor Roger Griffis. Needless to say, I've seen a thing or two.
Walking into Hardtimes.....epecially with a 18k gold presidential rolex all iced out....is a bad idea....especially with a $5000 Robinson cue . I realized how a close and true pool hall really works. Word had got around very fast that a Drug Dealer (falsely accused) was ready for the hustling....
I saw an older Black fellow w Cowboy hat(Cowboy) come up to me and asked how I hit the balls. I told him the usual...haven't hit any in weeks and was looking for a weaker player. He told me to stay away from most of the Mexicans....he said any Mexican there at this time (noon) had no job and was trying to make an income here!!!
I sat and watched in envy....I must have seen over 12 champs in there at one time...and all practicing...not playing one another....Morro, King Kong, Lil Al, etc....true...I believed in Cowboy now and went back to ask for more advise.
We sat and talked and he looked and pointed over at the last table was another older black gentleman practicing. He looked to be struggling with his stroke.....actually...he looked uncomfortable...and was practicing long straight in shots and was 2/10. I looked at Cowboy (as a supposed new friend) and he said he broke his hand in a fight and learning pool lefty.
Wow, ok....I felt I might have had the upper hand here. Right at least...
I walked over to Cecil and told him the truth...I hung out with champion one pocket and nine ball players but I was a shortstop. I wanted to learn more. He asked who I was friends with and had a big smile on his face...I guess him and Danny Deliberto played a lot and also with Roger Griffis. So he doesn't believe me....he thinks I'm a champ.
He won't play me for the life of me....then a young fellow sticks his face in our business,,,,,Hawaiian Jimmie....asks me to play....so we play a quick set of 9 ball....I didn't realize how good he is...or was that night....I needed 8 ball to win....he wouldn't give me...only last two...so then Lil al stepped up and gave me 8 ball and I had no fun.....so I sat back down...next to Cowboy.
Cowboy then tells me to stay away from any ethnic player in there...Especially Philippians n Mexicans n some hawaiians..he said go play the handicapped brother in the corner....wow...I guess I was back to the
black guy in the corner w funny left stroke.
I walk back over to Cecil and asked to play again.....he said he wouldn't play me one pocket because of my friends,,,,but would try me some 9 ball. He said that Jimmiee n Lil Al both beat him so we must be even....I didn't know who he was or even how good he shot. But I figured...let's do this...how else am I gonna become friends w all theses ethnically diverse champions.
I wanted to play at least $100/ sets... But he only wanted to play 10 game....pay at 20.... Oh well....here I sail again......I won first game...I say he was nervous n took a break and walked over to Cowboy....but didn't reliaze what was napping till end....second game he wins,,,,then I continue losing game after game,,,,he wouldn't run out a lot...but he obviously played safety if he didn't have a shot....he was shooting like his life depended on it,,,,,I ended up losing 80 after an hour,,,,I was tired and called it quits....paid him,,,,and he became my best friend...I would always play him and lose....
Later that week I spoke with Cowboy again....he asked if we played for more than $10.... I told him no,,,,he laughed and reminded me the first time we played...Cecil came and asked Cowboy for $10....after our first game and I have been hunting for it for weeks,,,,he never had more than $10 in his pocket....and I found out the hard way....after I lost $500 in 3 days to him...he played hard and great for any money...I miss him.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, I've been reading on this forum for over 2 yrs. I thought this would be a great time to chime in with some great memories about cecil....

That's a heck of a first post there, Reds. Thanks for sharing the memories. Much appreciated. :)

It is nice to remember the deceased with respect and dignity. After all, they can't defend themselves anymore. RIP, Cecil Tugwell! :angel:

Reds hydraulics

Registered
Cecil was a good guy ....just broke

Thanks...I have been on the fourum. Reading for over two yrs....just decided to chime in and tell a decent story about a decent man....

I was gonna finish the story about his moral character was when I knew him the last few years of his life. After we played and I donated his weekly pay....we became good friends. My shop was right around the corner...so at lunch...I would take a stress relief and grind it out with Cicel. This time it was a different Cicel

He would always tell me how much he had in his pocket and I just usually doubled it Or Tripled it ($20-40). I would just give it to him in advance and we would practice for hours....they were the best and cheapest lessons I have ever had....and I was taught by Danny D and Roger Griffis.

Circle had a great way of looking at the game and your opponent. He saw and said things no other pro I have had talk about...he was a very methoditical player and had a lot of moves.....boy did he know a lot about many diamond systems....great memories......

rip Cecil....look for my brother up there and give him those wonderful lessons about pool n life.

bobbycotton

PoolHall Junkie
Silver Member
"Confessions of a Pool Hustler"

I played Cecil many many times upstairs at Vern Petersons in Bellflower. He usually broke 3 or 4 times in a row after we discussed back and forth whose break it was, hahaha ! He cleared his opponents pocket better than anyone I gaurantee !! R.I.P. Cecil

kctuck

Just heard to bad news about Cecil. I had a lot of good times with him. I played him a lot growing up in California, but this was before he went left-handed, after he got his hands broken from a beef in Detroit. Playing one-pocket for the cash, he was real hard to beat. Nobody wanted to mess with him back in the '70s.

When he went to left-handed, he could play strong, but the long shots were a little difficult. That's was one of his weak spots. As far as moving, he moved like a ghost. Like Freddy said, they called him "Cecil the Serpant."

Before I left California, his nickname to me was "Tug." I was there when he played Efren that one-pocket match and win the tournament. That was a great win for him. I'll never forget that. He outmoved him and outshot him on the end. He made some two-railers and could hide his cueball when he had to with some severe english. He was real good on holding his rock.

I always looked forward to seeing Cecil when I would go down to HardTimes. It seemed like as soon as he spotted me, it was as if he was there waiting for me. He'd get a sparkle in his eye and smile. He struggled for money to get by. I always tried to help him when I could, but it was tough at HardTimes, a lot of good players, and you had to play real well to get the money. And if they saw you broke over there, very few people would help. It's just the way it was. It seems like it's just the way it is when somebody's down on their luck. It takes a special person to look through that and go ahead and try to make things better, even if it ends up worse.

It seems like nowadays everybody's dropping like flies, all my friends. I will miss Tug. I hope it was painless, his last moments on earth, but I'm sure it wasn't. May the angels be with him. He was actually a good guy, just trying to win like everybody else.
To Keith. Very nice of you to say about my uncle. We are still trying to sort things out. The Coroner says that it appearded as if he were sleeping. Cecil has alot of family that loved and cared about him. I had just spoken to him a couple of days before he died and he coughed uncontrollably. I am tearful to read so many great, and terrible memories about my uncle. Always know that seeing Cecil down and out was his choice. What I am concluding is... he just didnt want our help. But not a week went by since the age of 10, that I didnt speak to him. When your good outweights your bad, then you have done alright. Again thanks for the kind words

kctuck

@ Red, Yes my uncle was a decent guy. Thank you so much for the kind words. Cecil was broke, and probably faced alot of his own demons, which in life, I've learned that there are many. Some people have problems admitting to that, and it's much easier to point out other's. However, 67 years of life is alot of years to experience alot of things. I am greatful to years ( which by the way are longer than most have experience with Cecil) of joy and love he shared with me and my sibblings, and cousins. Nothing posted here can change that! Again thanks for the kind words...

"CaliRed".

High Def Videos!!!
Silver Member
To Keith. Very nice of you to say about my uncle. We are still trying to sort things out. The Coroner says that it appearded as if he were sleeping. Cecil has alot of family that loved and cared about him. I had just spoken to him a couple of days before he died and he coughed uncontrollably. I am tearful to read so many great, and terrible memories about my uncle. Always know that seeing Cecil down and out was his choice. What I am concluding is... he just didnt want our help. But not a week went by since the age of 10, that I didnt speak to him. When your good outweights your bad, then you have done alright. Again thanks for the kind words

I am sorry for you loss. Cecil was very blessed to have someone such as yourself, in his life. I'm sure he felt the same way about you and your family. I am also very sorry that you had to read some posts that painted a very unflattering picture of Cecil. It would be nice, if when a person dies, that those that have nothing good to say about someone, would just abstain from sharing their memories.

I read your 2 posts you made about your uncle, and I felt the terrible feeling you must have felt, while going thru a thread about your uncle's passing. You did not make excuses for him, but you knew he had good qualities too. It is those qualities, that you think society would choose to think about, when you pass away.

I guess what I"m trying to say, is that I think a thread started by someone passing away, should be for those that want to share the good memories of a person, not for those that want to share only the bad things they remember about a person. I guess that old adage of "If you don't have anything good to say, then don't say anything" should be honored when someone posts about a person passing away.

I am very sorry for your loss

kctuck

Hi Red, my family and I just read ur post about our uncle Cecil. Thank you so much heartfelt words about Unc! He will have a memorial on Friday May 6th. If you want further info, let me know.

kctuck

I am sorry for you loss. Cecil was very blessed to have someone such as yourself, in his life. I'm sure he felt the same way about you and your family. I am also very sorry that you had to read some posts that painted a very unflattering picture of Cecil. It would be nice, if when a person dies, that those that have nothing good to say about someone, would just abstain from sharing their memories.

I read your 2 posts you made about your uncle, and I felt the terrible feeling you must have felt, while going thru a thread about your uncle's passing. You did not make excuses for him, but you knew he had good qualities too. It is those qualities, that you think society would choose to think about, when you pass away.

I guess what I"m trying to say, is that I think a thread started by someone passing away, should be for those that want to share the good memories of a person, not for those that want to share only the bad things they remember about a person. I guess that old adage of "If you don't have anything good to say, then don't say anything" should be honored when someone posts about a person passing away.

I am very sorry for your loss
Thank you CaliRed! You are a great human being. We all have years of history, some good , some bad. But I'm like you. Its always better to remember the good in anyone in death, than to quote the bad. Again thank you, and when I figure out how to post some info about Uncle Cecil, I will!

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hi Red, my family and I just read ur post about our uncle Cecil. Thank you so much heartfelt words about Unc! He will have a memorial on Friday May 6th. If you want further info, let me know.

Please post this information. Thank you.

Reds hydraulics

Registered
Hello KCtuck and Family,
you're Uncle was a very humble and in many ways a stubborn guy. Even though I have only known him the last 6 yrs of his life, I felt very comfortable and happy to be around him.
I never asked him what really happened to his switch of playing arms....I never felt it was my place too....many times he felt that I wasn't like most gossipers/story tellers at Hardtimes. So he did hint around some stories...but I never repeated and wasn't even 100% sure he wasn't fibbing.

All I can say is he was a funny, intellect about many things, and really had a passion for pool that showed and tried to show/help many people. He saw many flaws in people's games and would tell me,,,then later approach this great player and tell him his perception of the players problems. I personally seen him help 100's player from bangers to pros.

I really enjoyed being around him....I will miss him very much....I wish I could still practice with him....he showed me and anyone that let him,,,,point out some flaws in our games. He was a great ambassador for pool....and we will all miss him...especially the last few yrs of his life when he was down ... Broke...barred from Hardtimes...and still showing up in parking lot with his bike with a big smile...and still asking how is your stance, stroke, stay down on ball....true love of sport of pool...and made sure everyone else saw/ felt his love.

Please tell us/ forum about Memorial,,,,date....time....place,,,,thank you and God bless Cecil and his family.

BigFish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been out of LA for several years now, but Cecil was the first player I played at Hardtimes when I had moved there in 98. Beat him at a cheap set of 9-ball, then he talked me into playing 1-pocket. I had never played 1-pocket before and he cleaned my clock. Later, I was told, in his prime, he was one of the best ever at 1-pocket. I always liked him. RIP

paymentsinfo

Registered
Cecil

It was horrible to hear of Cecil's death a few days ago. A friend of mine called me and said "I hear your man died". I hadn't been in contact with Cecil for probably 30 years. But always asked a mutual friend Schooly about him.
Reading some of these stories were entertaining and brought back great memories. In the fall of 1977 a friend of mines older brother brought me into the Rack in Detroit I was 17. It was intoxicating. At the time I was finishing up school , working at the local harness racing racetracks grooming horses and training a few of my own. There were many people that I knew from the racetrack that also gambled at the rack. I became a regular and really enjoyed the place. Like the racetrack age was less important then who and what you knew and your bankroll.
One day Cecil came up to me and asked me for $20 to play some one. Who I don't remember but it was the start of an interesting few years. Cecil and I became friends and I eventually took him on the road. I recall asking him what if we get beat and his response was that he knew anyone that could beat him. We got beat only in one place, in some poolroom upstairs above a office building/stripmall playing Gary Spaeth banks (bad move).
Cecil was living at a hotel on Telegraph near 9 mile road 5 minutes from the Rack. I would go and wake him up and his first question was who has the weed? (not me). He was at times a challenge to get along with but down deep he was a good guy. I spent many hours watching him play Freddy Salem and Cornbread Red one pocket on the snooker table 2cnd one on the back wall.
I tried to learn the game but to this day still can't play well.
Cecil my friend hope your in a better place!

Last edited:

1pocket

Steve Booth
Gold Member
Silver Member
I just finished creating a memorial page for Cecil Tugwell. The main new item you all might be interested in is I put together an archived interview with him that I had from 2008 -- finally got it transcribed and ready to upload. At the time this interview took place, we lost our phone connection at the end and I never got around to reconnecting for a follow-up. Too late now...

http://www.onepocket.org/CecilTugwellMemorial.htm

It is good to all read different your memories. Any of those who knew Cecil personally, if you want to contact me I might add some side bar stories to the memorial page -- and of course photos or news clippings. Contact Us Cecil's name often came up in nominations for the One Pocket Hall of Fame.

imaracingmom

Cecil George Tugwell was buried 15 June 2011 at RIVERSIDE NATIONAL CEMETERY. The Patriot Guard Riders were there to stand in as family. Cecil received a very dignified military burial. R.I.P. Cecil... and thank-you for serving our country!