A Positive Post (long)

Melissa Herndon

Pro Player
Silver Member
A Positive Post - Thank yous! (long)

Sometimes I get tired of the negativity, the bashing, the flaming, the criticisms, the condescension, the accusations, etc....

So...I thought I would post something purely positive...nice things or thank yous about the people of AZB.

Hopefully some of you do the same :D

Thank you to everyone who has supported me personally over the years. Your kinds words and encouragement have given me energy and enthusiasm during the good times, and hope and endurance through the tougher times.

Thank you to the WPBA fans out there...for sticking by us through thick and thin. Things are looking up...and I think that there are good things in store for 2011...beginning with the new website!

Thank you to AZB...Mike Howerton especially. You have been a great friend to me these oh-so-many years...and I appreciate the service you give to this industry. AZB has grown into something truly special...a major factor in the industry. Congratulations.

Thanks to SJM – a wonderful human being and an even better friend. You have been on my side since I was an RT player…and I appreciate that more than you can ever know. Your support as a friend, a fellow Board member at one time, and as a pool guru is priceless.

Thank you to my girlz (who post on AZB)...Melissa Morris, Jennifer Barretta, Sarah Rousey, Melinda Bailey, Amanda Lampert. You all inspire me to achieve greater goals...and you help me remember that friendship is more important than winning or losing. As competitive women, your support and love for one another is inspirational and awesome. Nothing but love for each of you.

Thanks to the ones that make me laugh. I can't even think of you all at this moment, but there are some wickedly clever people that visit these forums…and I owe you all a big snort of laughter for all the times you’ve cracked me up.

Thanks to the ones that agree with me whenever I get into a “discussion” ;) Whether I am right or wrong…I have to appreciate those who think like me…LOL.

Thanks to our pool-playing military friends. May you stay safe and get good rolls always.

Thanks to our old-school friends like Jay Helfert for providing us with stories that keep us linked to the history of the game. Hearing the tales of years gone by inspire new generations of players to go out and “write” their own stories.

Thanks to the Pros that contribute here. Some believe that Pros won’t share their information without getting something in return…and you Pros are helping to shatter that belief. I think it is terrific that there are players like John Schmidt and Sarah Rousey who consistently give their time to answering questions and communicating with the AZB members. You should be proud. I know I am proud to be your colleague.

And finally…a general thanks to anyone that has helped support a pool charity, helped to send a player to a tournament, donated pool supplies to schools or the military, etc. We are all here because we love the game so much…so I think that everyone who gives back to the support is a hero.

All my best to all of you,

Melissa

Last edited:

mandalamps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seriously....

How did I not see this until now?!?!?! We <3 you honey!!! You are one of the sweetest women I have ever met! You totally rock in my book and THANK YOU for posting something positive (no matter how long ago it was)!!!! LOL! :)

<3<3<3<3,
Amanda

Last edited:
Reactions: JAM

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How did I not see this until now?!?!?! We <3 you honey!!! You are one of the sweetest women I have ever met! You totally rock in my book and THANK YOU for posting something positive (no matter how long ago it was)!!!! LOL! :)

<3<3<3<3,
Amanda

Hear, hear. I'll jump on this positive thread adding a little positive cheer! :smile:

Thanks, MH! :p

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
It is curious how none of us saw this when she originally posted it... I know I'm on here all the time, and if I missed it, and JAM missed it.... :p

I love this post, Melissa. Thank you, for sharing. Not just this post, but posting here in general.

(And thanks, Amanda, for giving us another chance at this thread.)

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is curious how none of us saw this when she originally posted it... I know I'm on here all the time, and if I missed it, and JAM missed it.... :p

I love this post, Melissa. Thank you, for sharing. Not just this post, but posting here in general.

(And thanks, Amanda, for giving us another chance at this thread.)

I'm not sure how we missed it. It really is very well written. Food for thought and for the pool soul! :cool:

Thanks, Melissa! :smile:

9BallPaul

Banned
Great post, Melissa. Thanks for that. How did this thread languish for so long with no responses? Very well written, and inspiring too.

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A big happy applause for Melissa.. what a great attitude. Good Luck in your life & thanks to you & folks like you, our lives are richer...

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Melissa, YOU deserve a BIG thank you as well.

Most people don't know how much you do for charity, for up and coming female players and just the kind things you do , like care packages for military.

I want to thank you for letting me help you with the tour as little as I could. I enjoy doing it and hope I can continue in the future.

Not to mention just being there to talk s--t and have a little fun.

TorranceChris

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mmm! How did this thread sneak by us ? I read it and got much more of a boost out of it than I would out of a negative thread. Thanks! And your friends are lucky to have you; witness your charitable energy/time in getting AZB's charity for a pool friend's surgery.

Melissa Herndon

Pro Player
Silver Member
Gosh...and here I was...thinking to myself..."I guess no one else has anything positive to say anymore!"

LOL :grin:

Melissa

Melissa Herndon

Pro Player
Silver Member
And I'd also like to say...wouldn't it be nice for a post like this...something positive...to get the same recognition and response as the posts about hot women/who is hustling who/promoters who don't pay/streams that went bad/who doesn't like who/etc???

As I mentioned before...I welcome others to post their thanks and recognition of others here in this thread. And let's keep it warm and fuzzy...LOL.

Melissa

mandalamps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I concur!

And I'd also like to say...wouldn't it be nice for a post like this...something positive...to get the same recognition and response as the posts about hot women/who is hustling who/promoters who don't pay/streams that went bad/who doesn't like who/etc???

As I mentioned before...I welcome others to post their thanks and recognition of others here in this thread. And let's keep it warm and fuzzy...LOL.

Melissa

It sure would be nice to see this post get as much recognition as those you mentioned above... Wouldn't that be something?!?! :)

I guess I can start....oh boy....!

I would like to thank all of those folks who have had something positive to say (about me, my family, my friends, and even my acquaintances) and who have been supportive of us all over the years. I would even like to thank those that have not been so nice, because it has made us stronger individuals in the long run - so I guess that means something right? lol

And here's some gushy gushy stuff..... lol

I would not be who I am today without my dear friend Melinda who has always supported me no matter what I do, what I've done, or what I will or will not do in the future. My family is much the same, but then, they have to do that right? LOL! My family is my world, and even though they don't get on this forum, I am giving them the shout out that they so rightly deserve.

I believe every single person that we come across in our lives helps us to become who we eventually end up being. Does that make sense? Through our experiences with each other we learn so much. We all have a hand in the outcome of things. That is one reason why I think it is so important to smile at everyone, stranger or not. It's infectious and says a lot about a person. Granted, I don't always do that, but I try and that's something. :)

I have met a lot of really awesome people throughout my pool playing years, and I have to say that it has, for the most part, been a pleasure. I love all of the varying opinions on this forum, and all of the different personalities.

Melissa - I just love your attitude, the confidence that you exude, the relationships you have with your friends, and your professionalism. You are truly an inspiring human being and I'm glad to call you my friend. So, thank you, for posting such an awesome thread.

To my girl Ashley, you are a total gem. I have so much fun when we're together, and even when we're not. Conversations with you are like something from another universe... LOL! Your laugh is so infectious that I can't help but to laugh with you....all of the time! I am glad you came into my life... :)

And to my friend Rebecca - you are one of THE strongest females I have ever come across, and to me, that strength is so amazing. Your loyalty is downright awe inspiring, and not to mention you're funny as hell.. :):) <3 u girl!

Ok, enough of the gushy stuff - even I am starting to think it's super cheesy....Oh well, tha'ts me. :)

How was that Melissa? lol... It's a start I suppose......

Peace out,
Amanda :)

cuetechasaurus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Melissa

Out of all my friends you are probably the most down to earth person I know. Nice posts. :smile:

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
It's obvious that you have a good dash of self-esteem or you wouldn't still be posting on this forum after the dissing that the forum gave you. 11 months and not one response. I guess you should have used my signature blue bolded fonts. :D

Good message Melissa. It's crazy. A demeaning post condemning some aiming system, riddled with ad hominem attacks will get everyone's attention and a beautiful positive thread like this goes unnoticed. :embarrassed2:

Thanks to Amanda for finding this golden nugget.

Sorry I missed this one the first time around.

Melissa Herndon

Pro Player
Silver Member
It's obvious that you have a good dash of self-esteem or you wouldn't still be posting on this forum after the dissing that the forum gave you. 11 months and not one response. I guess you should have used my signature blue bolded fonts. :D

Good message Melissa. It's crazy. A demeaning post condemning some aiming system, riddled with ad hominem attacks will get everyone's attention and a beautiful positive thread like this goes unnoticed. :embarrassed2:

Thanks to Amanda for finding this golden nugget.

Sorry I missed this one the first time around.

LOL Joey. Well, it never crossed my mind that it was a personal diss that no one responded. I suppose if I had...I might've reacted differently. I guess what I truly thought ran something along the lines of disappointment in the AZB community that no one else had anything nice to say to anyone else...or that no one cared enough to post their nice things.

But the truth is...sometimes posts just get buried quickly on a 2nd or 3rd page when other exciting posts are popping up. OR...the truth could be that no one wants to read my posts...LOL. Either way...I'll keep posting every now and then....if only to get typing exercise for my fingers...LOL.

I am glad that Amanda uncovered the thread and that it's getting a little response now. I hope people write nice things to other people...and I hope that people smile when they read them. I know I have.

Melissa