CJ Wiley to make a documentary of the infamous Earl One million dollar run

"CaliRed".

High Def Videos!!!
Silver Member
He's looking for anyone that was there or involved that might be able to contribute something to his documentary.

Contact him at cj@cjwiley.com if you have anything to provide.

His website is www.cjwiley.com

Don't bug him with "I want a DVD" emails:smile: When he's done with it and they're ready, I'm sure we will catch wind of it. he' thinking he should have it done by the Derby. So plan on going to the Derby this year.:smile:

I find the story fascinating and am very much looking foward to it!

Below is some of his comments regarding it from his Facebook page. I am reposting this with his permission.

I just watched the video of Earl Strickland running 11 racks in a row to win the Million Dollar Challenge....I'm getting ready to tell the world "what really happened"...if you were there and want to be in this documentary please private message me your contact info.....thanks in advance....cjwiley.com

there's been many "opinions" about what happened, but they are ALL mistaken.....I'm the only one that really knows what happened and I've kept it private for 15 years.....along with the video....besides a couple lawyers NO ONE has seen seen it but me....not even Earl...LoL

I'm looking forward to finally telling the inside story....the odds were 7.8 million to one.....I guess that's like drawing 2 Royal Flushes in a row...imho;-) but I guess you would know those odds better than anyone.

It's a very complex story.....it will take hours to tell, but our job is to show it in 90 minutes......It's VERY REAL....we had nearly 100 witnesses

the legal fees on our side alone was over $300,000 ..... I can't imagine what theirs were.....I'd say close to double that....on the last day they had 14 attorneys ....we had 3 .....that shows how serious this really was

This was extremely complicated.....that's the purpose of making the documentary ......to explain it using all the people involved...and there were MANY people involved.....I wasn't allowed to talk about it because of a confidentiality agreement......however NOW I can tell it all......Finally!!!

I'm rounding up all the parties involved.....it will take 8-10 weeks to complete....and then everyone will have a chance to finally know what happened that caused so much controversy in the pool world....the legal battle went on for two and a half years...

I will say this....there was NEVER any issue on whether he actually ran the 11 racks or if anything was done unethically....these rumors are simply not true.

Earl only knows part of the story.....he really wasn't involved much with the legal end and the "juicy" parts of the story.....he did the toughest part though....HE RAN THE RACKS TO WIN....

Again, if anyone was there and saw it...please let me know if you want to be involved in the documentary...i'll be picking the people in the next 3 weeks.

CJ in response to all the many replies he’s gotten.

sorry folks....none of what you're saying is true....that's the "twist" is that NOBODY knows what happened....but me and I've kept it confidential all these years originally bound by a confidentiality agreement

Both of these photos are property of CJ Wiley. Please make sure he is properly credited if they are reposted anywhere. If they are used in any kind of project, make sure you get his permission.

Earl after running the 11 racks and winning the 1 million dollar prize

earl after running 11 racks.jpg

CJ Wiley presenting Earl with his first installment of 50 Thousand Dollars

earl getting first 50k.jpg

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He's looking for anyone that was there or involved that might be able to contribute something to his documentary.

Contact him at cj@cjwiley.com if you have anything to provide.

His website is www.cjwiley.com

Don't bug him with "I want a DVD" emails:smile: When he's done with it and they're ready, I'm sure we will catch wind of it. he' thinking he should have it done by the Derby. So plan on going to the Derby this year.:smile:

I find the story fascinating and am very much looking foward to it!

Below is some of his comments regarding it from his Facebook page. I am reposting this with his permission.

I just watched the video of Earl Strickland running 11 racks in a row to win the Million Dollar Challenge....I'm getting ready to tell the world "what really happened"...if you were there and want to be in this documentary please private message me your contact info.....thanks in advance....cjwiley.com

there's been many "opinions" about what happened, but they are ALL mistaken.....I'm the only one that really knows what happened and I've kept it private for 15 years.....along with the video....besides a couple lawyers NO ONE has seen seen it but me....not even Earl...LoL

I'm looking forward to finally telling the inside story....the odds were 7.8 million to one.....I guess that's like drawing 2 Royal Flushes in a row...imho;-) but I guess you would know those odds better than anyone.

It's a very complex story.....it will take hours to tell, but our job is to show it in 90 minutes......It's VERY REAL....we had nearly 100 witnesses

the legal fees on our side alone was over $300,000 ..... I can't imagine what theirs were.....I'd say close to double that....on the last day they had 14 attorneys ....we had 3 .....that shows how serious this really was

This was extremely complicated.....that's the purpose of making the documentary ......to explain it using all the people involved...and there were MANY people involved.....I wasn't allowed to talk about it because of a confidentiality agreement......however NOW I can tell it all......Finally!!!

I'm rounding up all the parties involved.....it will take 8-10 weeks to complete....and then everyone will have a chance to finally know what happened that caused so much controversy in the pool world....the legal battle went on for two and a half years...

I will say this....there was NEVER any issue on whether he actually ran the 11 racks or if anything was done unethically....these rumors are simply not true.

Earl only knows part of the story.....he really wasn't involved much with the legal end and the "juicy" parts of the story.....he did the toughest part though....HE RAN THE RACKS TO WIN....

Again, if anyone was there and saw it...please let me know if you want to be involved in the documentary...i'll be picking the people in the next 3 weeks.

CJ in response to all the many replies he’s gotten.

sorry folks....none of what you're saying is true....that's the "twist" is that NOBODY knows what happened....but me and I've kept it confidential all these years originally bound by a confidentiality agreement

Both of these photos are property of CJ Wiley. Please make sure he is properly credited if they are reposted anywhere. If they are used in any kind of project, make sure you get his permission.

Earl after running the 11 racks and winning the 1 million dollar prize

View attachment 200643

CJ Wiley presenting Earl with his first installment of 50 Thousand Dollars

View attachment 200644

i was told the story in Dallas about 4 years ago and it is quite remarkable.
No, i won't reveal what i was told. he will tell it and tell it very well!

juegabillar

Private Citizen
Silver Member

I just watched the video of Earl Strickland running 11 racks in a row to win the Million Dollar Challenge....I'm getting ready to tell the world "what really happened"...

I'm looking forward to finally telling the inside story...

Ok, so what is the big deal here ???? Did he run the 11 racks or not? What is this bull$hit about telling the world what really happened???? What else can it be? Was Earl using Steriods? Crack? Coke? WTF.?????

I guess CJ just wants to sell the CD and that's OK with me. I would be interested, but all this bull$hit hype to sell the darn CD? Come on.!!!!

wahcheck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol

I agree that the hype was rather thick; I would buy the DVD anyway.
IMHO it was one of the greatest feats in pool history; at the very least, up there with Mosconi's "526".......Sure we have heard of as many racks run before, even more in some cases; but who can do it when a million dollars is to be had?
Who, (except Earl??!!)

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member
I'll bet the tournament turned into a different animal with the 1M prize at stake. Everyone tries to run every rack instead of taking sensible safes...

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is almost as good as the govt coming out and saying they are releasing the bin laden footage. (lower case on purpose)

Wait a minute...it's better!

larrycarguy

Registered
CJ Just in Town

I hope CJ can tell the real story and sell a bunch of DVD's or CD's. He was in Houston at Bogies when Gerald Jackson (Top Water) sent him packing back home with a little less green backs. Sell a bunch an "come back you hear".:cool:

wahcheck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
not average

I hope CJ can tell the real story and sell a bunch of DVD's or CD's. He was in Houston at Bogies when Gerald Jackson (Top Water) sent him packing back home with a little less green backs. Sell a bunch an "come back you hear".:cool:

C.J. doesn't seem like the average pro player, who may have nothing else to fall back on. Seems like quite a businessman, with lots of other things going on. I was impressed that he paid Earl the first $50,000 (at the Million Dollar Challenge) out of his own pocket.

tommyceilings

The Netherland Nihilator
Silver Member
I'm sure you know that Topwater can play until the water runs dry...

CJ isn't scared.

"CaliRed".

High Def Videos!!!
Silver Member
Ok, so what is the big deal here ???? Did he run the 11 racks or not? What is this bull$hit about telling the world what really happened???? What else can it be? Was Earl using Steriods? Crack? Coke? WTF.?????

I guess CJ just wants to sell the CD and that's OK with me. I would be interested, but all this bull$hit hype to sell the darn CD? Come on.!!!!

Wow... you guys are so brutal over here about EVERY topic, no matter what it is!:smile: Someone could catch Little Orphan Annie in the act of sharing her ice cream cone to Poor Petey, who's cone accidentally fell on the ground, and when they posted over here about the random act of kindness they witnessed.... it would take less then 6 posts max before the negative posts would start coming in about something... Brutal.. I say!!!!:D

Yes, Earl ran 11 racks, CJ seemed to make that pretty clear (am I missing something here)

- from my original post

* I just watched the video of Earl Strickland running 11 racks in a row to win the Million Dollar Challenge

* I will say this....there was NEVER any issue on whether he actually ran the 11 racks or if anything was done unethically....these rumors are simply not true.

Uhhhh.. I think the big deal is..CJ believes that most of the world doesn't know the true facts of the situation, because he has never been able to talk about it due to a agreement. If fact he goes on to say, that Earl doesn't even know the true story.

It's been talked on here many times and all people can do is offer bits and pieces and we have to choose to believe this little piece or that one. CJ is saying that as many people that THINK they know the real story, may be in for a surprise, because maybe there is some stuff they don't know.

It's a very interesting story...... a very interesting situation that came up.. it's for a MILLION DOLLARS (I think that qualifies as a pretty big story in the pool world)

In response to your immense curiosity and imagination, and dare I say... the outpouring of positivity in your tone...:D

I THINK, that CJ has finally had a period of time pass, that prevented him from speaking about this incident and because this was such a huge, life changing experience for him, he would like to be able to share the truth of what happened that day and the years of fighting that followed it. I think he would like to tell the WHOLE story from start to finish.

I really don't believe money is the motivating factor in this. As he said, and others have said too.. he's been saying he's wanted to do this for years.. it must be brutal to have to keep such a huge story bottled up inside you, all because of a confidentiality agreement you signed. Meanwhile you have everybody and their mother speculating about this and that and rumors flying all over the place and YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING.

I am VERY excited about getting to see these 4 or 5 racks and a documentary is the absolute nuts. This has to be some of the most suspense filled racks that have ever been ran in pool. I want to to channel the energy from that video..can you imagine what that crowd must have been like? How Earl must have felt? How CJ must have felt? When he got up there around 6 or 7 racks? And they stop and go get someone to start taping it?

Can you imagine getting to 10 racks and now you're playing one rack of 9 ball for 1 MILLION DOLLARS? With the atmosphere that is must have been like at that moment?

To sum up yet another rambling post of mine...:embarrassed2:

If there is one story that does not need ANY hype, it's this one. I don't think he's saying what he's saying, for hype purposes, but more along the lines of... "I've had to keep my mouth shut all this time and NOW I believe this is the time to tell the story of that decision of mine to offer a million dollar prize for running 11 racks of pool and what happened after that"

"You won't believe it":smile:

FreeShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've always thought this was one of the greatest accomplishments in pool. The idea that it was either a million dollars or nothing made for an incredible amount of pressure. Imagine coming up dry on the break or missing in the last rack.

"CaliRed".

High Def Videos!!!
Silver Member

Damn!!! You were in the same situation as he was!!! What are the odds?

You've been a member since July of 2010 and you've kept your mouth zipped that whole time.. waiting for that day when the right moment came along for Larry The Car Guy to be able to come out of the lurker closet.

Ahhhh.. the perfect moment for a little friendly woofing finally arrived after so many long months of waiting in the shadows.

Can you add enough details here to help us put this in perspective?

Did you send him packing $10k or more lighter?

$5k lighter

$1k lighter

$500 lighter

$100 lighter

$pitcher of beer lighter

a lighter? (please specify BIC or Generic)

I'm going to work some numbers for him and see how many DVD's he has to sell right out of the gate. Does he need to turn the hypemeter up on HIGH at this point?
:D:grin::smile: