TAR Podcast #14 with Shane Van Boening Now On YouTube

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Last nights podcast with Shane Van Boening is up on YouTube for anyone who wants to check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8--21xB2i_4&feature=youtu.be

Topics included:
~John/Danny match and why I made a public offer.
~ Shane talks about the Derby City Bank Pool game with John Morra
~ Mark Griffin discovers there are trolls on the internet...and he doesnt like them.
~ Are there too many streamers now?
~ Shane discusses his aiming eye pattern briefly. (Sure to start another aiming thread jihad)

Many more things come up over the course of the podcast. Shane comes in at 41:00 in if you want to skip to that point and miss all of the amazing knowledge and wisdom Mark and I impart up to that point.

This was a long one at an hour and thirty seven minutes but I think its one of the best ones we have done. Thanks to Shane and Kenny for stopping by.

mrmagoo42

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Many good ideas here

A monthly charge for access to an archive of great pool. King of the hill matches would make great ppv.
Thanks for putting this podcast together.

Mike & Dennis for a TAR match:thumbup:

Shane is the best all round player IMO.

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I thought it was interesting when Shane was asked about aiming and where his eye was looking, at the object ball or the cue ball when he pulled the trigger.
He had to really think about what he did; what he looked at last (object ball).
He is clearly on auto-pilot.

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
Mark should let Shane talk.

I like Mr. G but I have to agree here.. He interrupts Shane way too much IMHO..

Hope that does not sound ungrateful as I really enjoy the TAR Podcasts, it's just my opinion..

Keep up the great work fellas!

PoolSharkAllen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Topics included:
~John/Danny match and why I made a public offer.

I was listening to Justin and Mark's comments about TAR's difficulty in attracting the top players to match up. Apparently, giving the players a 6K prize fund along with paid travel expenses isn't enough to entice players to play.

This has to be a marketing problem as these players should be falling all over themselves to get in on this. Perhaps the "keyboard commandos :p" here on AZB can make some useful suggestions on how TAR can overcome this marketing challenge?

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
I was listening to Justin and Mark's comments about TAR's difficulty in attracting the top players to match up. Apparently, giving the players a 6K prize fund along with paid travel expenses isn't enough to entice players to play.

This has to be a marketing problem as these players should be falling all over themselves to get in on this. Perhaps the "keyboard commandos :p" here on AZB can make some useful suggestions on how TAR can overcome this marketing challenge?

Its not a marketing problem. Its an ego problem. Some players dont want to take a tough game and risk losing in the spotlight. Some would rather sit at home and watch tv than play for someone who is trying to make money with them. Good luck to those who feel that way. Some guys will get up and play. Those guys will make some money and hopefully grow something that gives them more opportunities in the future.

Good news is we have two matches lined up pending final details.

krelldog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Hope that does not sound ungrateful as I really enjoy the TAR Podcasts, it's just my opinion..

I mean no disrespect in anyway....but these podcasts would be so much better without Mark Griffin.

cmbwsu

Pool Stream Advocate
Silver Member
Its not a marketing problem. Its an ego problem. Some players dont want to take a tough game and risk losing in the spotlight. Some would rather sit at home and watch tv than play for someone who is trying to make money with them. Good luck to those who feel that way. Some guys will get up and play. Those guys will make some money and hopefully grow something that gives them more opportunities in the future.

Good news is we have two matches lined up pending final details.

draft_lens10123741module91431881photo_1269321973animals%5B1%5D.jpg

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
I mean no disrespect in anyway....but these podcasts would be so much better without Mark Griffin.

Different strokes for different folks. Everyone has different tastes. Say what you want about Mark but no one I know has as much enthusiasm for the game as he does and he puts his time and money where his mouth is.

cubc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

He gets a little chatty, but I think they do a good job on letting Mark know when to breathe or disconnect the web of tangents he seems prone to go off on and let other people talk again.

mudball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure if I've missed any talk about him in the past, but I'm really really surprised Ronnie Alcano has not had a TAR match yet. I've always preferred his game over Dennis's *shrug*

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Not sure if I've missed any talk about him in the past, but I'm really really surprised Ronnie Alcano has not had a TAR match yet. I've always preferred his game over Dennis's *shrug*

With the international players its just hard to contact them and set things up. That combined with limited availability in the U.S. makes it pretty hard to get a match to go. The new model make that a bit easier.

We would love to have Ronnie in a match.

Slh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

edit.......

Last edited:

mudball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With the international players its just hard to contact them and set things up. That combined with limited availability in the U.S. makes it pretty hard to get a match to go. The new model make that a bit easier.

We would love to have Ronnie in a match.

Right on. Thanks, Justin.

Patrick

1 Pocket Addict
Silver Member
I watch them all from beginning to end. Just keep doing what your doing.

-Patrick

randallt6

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great podcast guys,

I have to admit, I was chuckling when Justin kept telling griffin to let shane talk, haha. I like griffin, we need more guys like that in the pool scene.

Thumbs up guys, thanks for the podcast.