What does the "orange crush" mean in handicapping?

thekid77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was always under the impression that it meant the 5 out, but a friend of mine says it means giving someone the 5 ball ONLY and the breaks...

anyone??

Masayoshi

Fusenshou no Masa
Silver Member
I always took it as meaning the 5 out and the break, but as with anything having to do with gambling, you should always clear things up that might be confusing BEFORE you start.

The orange crush is one of those spots where, if you can't win, you probably shouldn't be gambling.

Lock N Load

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was always under the impression that it meant the 5 out, but a friend of mine says it means giving someone the 5 ball ONLY and the breaks...

anyone??

The orange crush means you are getting or giving the 5 ball and the break only!!! Period!
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

OnTheMF

I know things
Silver Member
I always took it as meaning the 5 out and the break, but as with anything having to do with gambling, you should always clear things up that might be confusing BEFORE you start.

The orange crush is one of those spots where, if you can't win, you probably shouldn't be gambling.

Yea, that was my understanding too...

thintowin

thin2win
Silver Member
really? it is a hefty spot, but it's like anything else when playing a world beater, you might as well be playing them even, because the end result will be your wallet being slimmer. if you win then u will be the next world beater, and that is a heavy load because everyone will want the orange crush from u.

crawfish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
really? it is a hefty spot, but it's like anything else when playing a world beater, you might as well be playing them even, because the end result will be your wallet being slimmer. if you win then u will be the next world beater, and that is a heavy load because everyone will want the orange crush from u.

Yes, really. Played Luat, and Cliff w six and the break. Aww **** it, played and matched up w shitload of "names." And yes I will.

Started to go down and list, but no need for a resume'. Seen just a little action in my time here in the Carolina's.

Last edited:

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Hey Crawfish,
You sound like a heavy hitter!
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

We could ALL "sound" like that on the internet!!!

Not to dispute crawfish's claims, but rather just making a general statement!!!

Maniac (confesses here regularly that I actually suck at pool :embarrassed2:)

crawfish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We could ALL "sound" like that on the internet!!!

Not to dispute crawfish's claims, but rather just making a general statement!!!

Maniac (confesses here regularly that I actually suck at pool :embarrassed2:)

Love the game. In the early nineties, Johnny, tony Ellin, cliff, tony Watson, earl, Monday, Coltrain, stenner, joe root, dollar, and plenty more were a daily occurrence in my hangout. Coltrain and I spent many road nights together right before he played on the Mosconi cup team. Fun times. But, I got older and wiser. Still feel I play better now though.

Fish.....not Johnny. But not easy either.

DrOnePocket

Banned

Everyone I know refers to the 5 out and the break as the Orange Crush. Never seen it or heard it as just the 5 and the break. Guess it matters what part of the country you live in

dr9ball

"Lock Doctor"
Silver Member
The orange crush means you are getting or giving the 5 ball and the break only!!! Period!
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

This has not been my experience. The spot may vary by region or even by pool hall. I have always seen the Orange Crush given as the 5 out and the Breaks.

Lock N Load

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This has not been my experience. The spot may vary by region or even by pool hall. I have always seen the Orange Crush given as the 5 out and the Breaks.

Dr9ball,
I gave the Orange Crush a lot of times in Atlanta, GA, and other places. It has always been the 5 and the break. the 5 ball and the Crush is the snap/break. How are you doing, my friend?
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

highkarate

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ive always known it as just the 5 ball and the breaks. do people ever really give the 5 out and the breaks? if you can give up that spot and win, either your name is bustamante or youre playing a 100 year old blind dog...

stljohnny

knowledge > execution. :(
Silver Member
Everyone I know refers to the 5 out and the break as the Orange Crush. Never seen it or heard it as just the 5 and the break. Guess it matters what part of the country you live in

Same here. Just giving someone the 5 ball doesn't seem that much different than giving the 8. In all cases, there are 2 money balls on the table. But, if you give them the 5-out, well, now there's FIVE money balls on the table.

Incidentally, I gave that spot to a SL2 (I'm an SL7) for fun and man that was tough. I couldn't handle it. In a race to 9, I lost 9-7. :p