Match 17: Singles match
Match 18: Singles match
Match 19: Singles match
Match 20: Singles match

Last edited:

vpbb123

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Archer just came off a grueling training camp! It seems to have carried over for him! Darren was also there with him! This is no coincidence that they are both eating up their opponents! Come on boys, let's win it for USA!

Last edited:

Playin4Dinner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I pulled hard for us today but you just can't fight fate....

What we witnessed today boyz was the cream rising to the top.... Believe me, I hate to admit it...

The momentum shift for the cup in it's entirety was the 6 ball Dechaine threw out of the pocket after Shuff's incredible masse, 2-rail draw for shape.... I felt we were done at that point in time...

But Johnny showed tremendous heart and class coming back on NVB... Johnny walked over and shook the man's hand at hill-hill despite all the surrounding chaos...

But let's tell it like it is folks... Johnny needed NVB to falter a few times to get back into that match.....

Melling put on a vulgar display of power on Shuff... You could've put up any of our men that set... Wouldn't have changed the result... Melling was a man on a mission in full beast mode...

Same goes with Daz on SVB next match... People already dogging SVB for this result... Who could've beat DAZ that set??? Seriously people???
Daz isn't dynamite, he's a damn bulldog... The man just keeps coming... No quit in this man...

Before everyone piles up on Dechaine for dogging the doubles set... Let's not forget the 3-3 game that got them on the hill...

After break, Dechaine mapped out and executed the perfect kick stick... Knowing they'd give the push right back to him... But he wasn't done there... Shuff attempted to go through heavy traffic, ran into balls and hooked his man... He had a clear path up and down if he just held his line with inside... Anyway, Dechaine steps up 2 rail kicks the ball pure into the pocket....

Honestly, I really don't care for Dechaine or his attitude... All I'm saying was it took a team effort today...

Mikey, I lurked this cup for last 3 days... Based on your posts, I believe you have a 4 figure wager on the euros... Please do tell when the smoke clears... I don't see you give anything a good sweat like this unless you have decent action going... I felt some reverse jinx stuff going on in some of your posts...

If I had to guess... You prob got someone to lay 700 to your 1k or bet even that US don't 9, 8 is a push and no action...

I know alot of purists consider this format a joke.... But I have had adrenaline pump through my veins throughout this Mosconi... Honestly, I've run to my fridge and back between racks.... I've railed plenty of action in my life... I also own over 100 accustats matches... I've never in my life felt this way watching a set... Only thing close to this was the 1st svb vs alex TAR match... Every shot, every moment, means everything... I can't put it into words any better than that, sorry.... But imho, THIS is what's needed to grab the non-playing viewers.... The crowd at Mosconi Cups can not be matched... Throw out the drama with JA's wife and I'm all for this setting... Top players in the world should be able to perforn in any type of setting... After all, they can't get this table to play any softer... Seriously....

Last edited:

mudball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What we witnessed today boyz was the cream rising to the top.... Believe me, I hate to admit it...

The momentum shift for the cup in it's entirety was the 6 ball Dechaine threw out of the pocket after Shuff's incredible masse, 2-rail draw for shape.... I felt we were done at that point in time...

But Johnny showed tremendous heart and class coming back on NVB... Johnny walked over and shook the man's hand at hill-hill despite all the surrounding chaos...

But let's tell it like it is folks... Johnny needed NVB to falter a few times to get back into that match.....

Melling put on a vulgar display of power on Shuff... You could've put up any of our men that set... Wouldn't have changed the result... Melling was a man on a mission in full beast mode...

Same goes with Daz on SVB next match... People already dogging SVB for this result... Who could've beat DAZ that set??? Seriously people???
Daz isn't dynamite, he's a damn bulldog... The man just keeps coming... No quit in this man...

Before everyone piles up on Dechaine for dogging the doubles set... Let's not forget the 3-3 game that got them on the hill...

After break, Dechaine mapped out and executed the perfect kick stick... Knowing they'd give the push right back to him... But he wasn't done there... Shuff attempted to go through heavy traffic, ran into balls and hooked his man... He had a clear path up and down if he just held his line with inside... Anyway, Dechaine steps up 2 rail kicks the ball pure into the pocket....

Honestly, I really don't care for Dechaine or his attitude... All I'm saying was it took a team effort today...

Mikey, I lurked this cup for last 3 days... Based on your posts, I believe you have a 4 figure wager on the euros... Please do tell when the smoke clears... I don't see you give anything a good sweat like this unless you have decent action going... I felt some reverse jinx stuff going on in some of your posts...

I know alot purists consider this format a joke.... But I have had adrenaline pump through my veins throughout this Mosconi... Honestly, I've run to my fridge and back between racks.... I've railed plenty of action in my life... I also own over 100 accustats matches... I've never in my life felt this way watching a set... Only thing close to this was the 1st svb vs alex TAR match... Every shot, every moment, means everything... I can't put it into word any better than that, sorry.... But imho, THIS is what's needed to grab the non-playing viewers.... The crowd at Mosconi Cups can not be matched... Throw out the drama with JA's wife and I'm all for this setting... Top players in the world should be able to perforn in any type of setting... After all, they can't get this table to play any softer... Seriously....

Couldn't have said it any better!

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member

If I had to guess... You prob got someone to lay 700 to your 1k or bet even that US don't 9, 8 is a push and no action...

I know alot of purists consider this format a joke.... But I have had adrenaline pump through my veins throughout this Mosconi... Honestly, I've run to my fridge and back between racks.... I've railed plenty of action in my life... I also own over 100 accustats matches... I've never in my life felt this way watching a set... Only thing close to this was the 1st svb vs alex TAR match... Every shot, every moment, means everything... I can't put it into words any better than that, sorry.... But imho, THIS is what's needed to grab the non-playing viewers.... The crowd at Mosconi Cups can not be matched... Throw out the drama with JA's wife and I'm all for this setting... Top players in the world should be able to perforn in any type of setting... After all, they can't get this table to play any softer... Seriously....

You sir deserve an award! You're right on more than I'll ever admit to...all I can say is if you aren't a psychic...you should be one. Especially right on me betting and the good old reverse jinx lol.

Prentan84

Registered
It's kind of a joke to have Europe's best players against our best 3 and some others that "qualified" anyway. The problem here is that there is no governing body and major US tour. If there was a way for the top 150 guys to make a living playing this game, we wouldn't have this problem.

U made this reference. Europe doesn't have the problem and their top 150 doesn't make a living! The European rookie Nikos Ekonomopoulos qualified beating ralf souqet

seven_7days

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think some of you are forgetting alot !

As of 2011, USA has won the tournament 11 times against 6 victories for Europe and one tie.

Euro's are having alot of momentum now. They HAVE learned the game we used to own.

All we have to do is defend our turf until the momentum comes back to the USA.
How?
The world ends on December 21st.
willy_nilly.gif

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Did SVB get 2 or 3 shots? Appleton didn't miss. I'm for the USA but that was good pool from Appleton! :thumbup:

Appleton broke and ran Games 1, 3, and 5.

In Game 2, SVB broke and ran to the 7-ball and missed it; DA made the 7/9 combo.

In game 4, SVB made an illegal break (and pocketed the 1-ball). DA played safe on the 2-ball. SVB hit the 2-ball on a jump. DA ran out.

3 mistakes for SVB; none for DA.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The total wins are pointless to cling to, America was dominant back in the day, but that was the days of Buddy Hall, Sigel, Varner, and other actual full time pro players that the USA no longer has. Furthermore the teams America beat were a bunch of snooker players and up and pool players just starting to learn 9-ball.

America today is way weaker then the teams they once could field in the Mosconi Cup. Americas best team of 1990 would torture 2012's offering.

I don't think Buddy Hall or Mike Sigel ever played in a Mosconi Cup (which started in 1994), but I think the gist of your argument has some merit.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Next year I wanna see CJ, Archer, Strickland, Varner and Sigel.

Old school :D

I'd go for that & would really like to watch that.

Remember guys, 'we' don't select our team. The 'producers' of the event decide who they want for what they believe will be the best entertainment value. Therefore it is not a true 'legitimate' competition. It is a 'staged' competition. I'm not saying that the players are not playing their best. I'm just saying 'picking' our team is not a legitimate process.

Regards

DrOnePocket

Banned
My point "you cant defend the usa for doing shit with saying that if the usa top 150 made money etc etc when its exactly the same this side of the pond!

I wasn't defending anything. You aren't understanding what i wrote for some reason. I wasn't talking about Europe nor do I care about Europe. I was referring to the problems here

Banks

Banned
I'd go for that & would really like to watch that.

Remember guys, 'we' don't select our team. The 'producers' of the event decide who they want for what they believe will be the best entertainment value. Therefore it is not a true 'legitimate' competition. It is a 'staged' competition. I'm not saying that the players are not playing their best. I'm just saying 'picking' our team is not a legitimate process.

Regards

Good points!

ThisJustIn.jpg

I mean it's not like we even know how these random yahoos are picked!

Oh.. it's based on some new, incomprehensible BCA point list?

ThenItWas.jpg

Well, I mean.. yeah, so there is some kind of predefined way of "making" the team, if you can call it that. Not like anybody really pays attention to that stuff, though. What I mean is, nobody really recognizes it.

WPA sanctioned, you say? Hmm. Let me get back to you..

AndThenItWas.jpg

46 years, eh?