Show us your speed

eddie0776

Bishop Cues
Silver Member
With all the talk about how good or bad some people play, I think we should post up some videos of how we play. I have several on youtube I will post as soon as I figure out how to.

nrhoades

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think a better idea would be to set up a series of AZ benchmark tests. You would know who passed and failed the tests watching videos linked to their profile.

Then again, that sounds like a recipe for disaster. Chest-puffing is here to stay no matter what.

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think a better idea would be to set up a series of AZ benchmark tests. You would know who passed and failed the tests watching videos linked to their profile.

Then again, that sounds like a recipe for disaster. Chest-puffing is here to stay no matter what.

N ot a bad idea...

Pete

eddie0776

Bishop Cues
Silver Member
I know we have players on here, but we have some keyboard warriors too. How can we set up this benchmark? 9 ball ghost? 10 ball ghost? straight pool? I am no pro, but not afraid to show how I play either.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are some videos in the instruction area of people, I only have one of me where I was playing my son on a 7' and I also missed a ball on purpose to let him shoot, so it's not a very good example as I usually play on a 9 footer, and at least "TRY" not to miss hehe.

I have not beaten the ghost past the 7 ball one, but also have not tried often with the 9-ball or 10 ball ghost.

I do have over a 60% won games stat in the Masters USAPL league I play in which is an invite only league with better players, and am ranked 2nd in the "top shooter" stats. Funny thing about that top shooter is the guy above me I beat both times we played with me giving him a spot due to our ratings. Although I do not have the best won/loss ratio in the league, they count how often you play and by how much you win in the top shooter standings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFBzXAXuuy8

Last edited:

eddie0776

Bishop Cues
Silver Member
link

How do you post a link to youtube? When I copy and paste it, it's not a link just letters.

PocketSpeed11

AzB Long Member
Silver Member
Only watched the first link, but great playing. That looks like a really nice poolroom. They don't always play that kind of music I hope

eddie0776

Bishop Cues
Silver Member
You look like you are very used to playing on that table. Don't post this in the instructor forum though, one stroking and coming into the shot sideways LOL, good results though :thumbup:

I Have played this way for 26 years and have tried to change I just can't. I had a shoulder replacement in 2001 and have limited mobility in my left shoulder so the longer I stay down the more it hurts. But thanks!

eddie0776

Bishop Cues
Silver Member
Only watched the first link, but great playing. That looks like a really nice poolroom. They don't always play that kind of music I hope

No thank God! Very diverse group. Most of the time I use my ear buds due to the music. Great room though.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I Have played this way for 26 years and have tried to change I just can't. I had a shoulder replacement in 2001 and have limited mobility in my left shoulder so the longer I stay down the more it hurts. But thanks!

26 years of playing! You look hardly that old in the video LOL. You play good, just not very "standard" :)

Last edited:

scooter_banks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My speed

Here is a pic of my speed!
as.jpg
Oh wait..... I did not read this correct....

eddie0776

Bishop Cues
Silver Member
26 years of playing! You look hardly that old in the video LOL. You play good, just not very "standard" :)

Thanks! I wish I was that young I'm almost 40 now. No I'm not your standard player, but it works I guess I generally beat the ghost in 9 ball.

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
I think beating the ghost is an interesting (and practical) metric of how well someone plays. It would make handicapping easy. I beat the 9b ghost but not the 10b. He beats the 7b ghost but can't go any higher. So he gets the last 2.

But, what do you think a standard 'ghost race' should be? Beating the ghost in a race to 5 is not the same as in a race to 11... or even 20.

I'd think 11 is a good figure, since it's sort of the highest race you'll see in a pro event outside of a TAR match. If you can beat the ghost going to 11, you probably can beat it going to any higher number... until fatigue sets in.

eddie0776

Bishop Cues
Silver Member
I think beating the ghost is an interesting (and practical) metric of how well someone plays. It would make handicapping easy. I beat the 9b ghost but not the 10b. He beats the 7b ghost but can't go any higher. So he gets the last 2.

But, what do you think a standard 'ghost race' should be? Beating the ghost in a race to 5 is not the same as in a race to 11... or even 20.

I'd think 11 is a good figure, since it's sort of the highest race you'll see in a pro event outside of a TAR match. If you can beat the ghost going to 11, you probably can beat it going to any higher number... until fatigue sets in.

In the video I was playing 5 ahead for a bill. I like 5 ahead because you have to win not edge out....you know what I mean? Hill Hill with the ghost vs 5 ahead beating the ghost is something different.