dispute on a sale to a member please read..

knish4242

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
42   0   1
hey guys i had a bad sale about a month ago. i sold a predator bk2 wrapless to a member on here. now i sent the item to him usps but when he recieved the pkg he said there was nothing in it. im not one that wants to blame someone b/c i understand things happen. . so i put in a missing item report to see where my cue is and nobody knows where it is. so meanwhile he files a dispute with paypal and i lose that as well.

so no cue and lost the 225.00. i have been appealing it but they keep ruling in his favor. i had proof from my post office stating the item was shipped and delivered. there was no damaged sticker on the tube staing it was damaged. .

also he told me when they delivered the tube one of the caps were off the tube.. i never put insurance on it and it really cost me.

so if anybody has bought a predator bk2 wrapless from member

ahailecors0991 i would really like to know.. i also noticed he has only 1 post and i sold him the cue the day he joined the site.. just to fishy for me to believe.

i just want to say im not saying things dont happen but trying to see what i should do from here ty joe

subdude1974

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Nt much more you can do. I am sorry for what happened. You learned a lesson a hard way. I am not gonna take a side on this as I have received an item just like it. Although in my case, it was stamped by USPS at missing contents. But when shipping, always insure and always use sig confirmation. It costs a few bucks more, but worth it. I wish you the best of luck and hope it all works out for you.

ChrisOnline

4 8 15 16 23 42
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Yes always insure it .. Not only for the protection of the item and for the buyer but also to protect yourself.. Insurance on 250$ is like 6 bux.. Well worth it in my opinion.. Not just delivery confirmation but signature confirmation that way nobody else can receive it other then the person it's being sent to.. And last but not least when buying something , never agree to send money as a gift even if they want to avoid the fees, your better off to add the few bucks to cover them..

Sorry this happened and hopefully things work out..

Chris

luan.vo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
something is fishy here bro. 1st time buyer and this happened. sorry for your side man.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
320   0   0
2 questions:

On what basis did paypal rule against you (I think I Know but want to confirm)?

EDIT: got your calrification.

Yes, signature and insurance is important.

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

Spider1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never dealt with shipping losses but:

Wouldn't the tube weigh less empty? Couldn't you show when shipped it weighed XX and an empty tube weighs YY? A cue is a little over a lb, so enough to show up on postage scales...

knish4242

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
42   0   1
this wasn't ebay. it was here. paypal basically said he never recieved the item so in that case he wins. this is what i have faxed to paypal and they still didn't take my side..

i had usps write up a letter stating it was shipped and pkg'ed properly.

i faxed a copy of the reciept to them that showed where i purchased the tube and sent the cue. total weight was around 2lbs. cue is around 19oz and the pkg w/tube weighed around 10-12 oz.

also sent them a copy of the usps tracking which states that it was delievered.

i even sent them a form from the usps missing item department which nobody knows where my cue is from pa to tx...

i have sent them everyhting i can to prove that my item was pkg properly and delievered. i have appealed it a couiple times but its not helping at all.

i believe the day he sign up on the forums he bought my cue. 4-16-13. he has 1 post

this is definetly a lessoned learned.

Last edited:

ChrisOnline

4 8 15 16 23 42
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
From what heard or seen here that PayPal will award to the first person that files a police report also.. You may want to look into that also

Chris

blucollar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Always ship insured with signature. The fact that he put a PayPal dispute without trying to work it out with u tells me he knew what he was doing. I am a powerseller on eBay and believe me when I say there are buyers that pull this shit allllllll the time...the tube was empty...yeah right! Very very small chance that happened. Just let everyone know who the deal was with...He/She may think they're slick but experienced sellers know better and it helps to expose these folks to others.

knish4242

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
42   0   1
what he did was this. when the cue was delievered he pm'ed me and said we have a problem the tube arrived with 1 cap missing and no cue. i told him that dont sound right i shipped alot of things the past few months and have had no issue at all. he said he tracked down the postman and asked him if the item fell out in his truck or is it at the post office. there was nothing. he sent me a email and specifically told me that dont worry about it. i said what do you mean he said i will take the loss so you wont have anything to worry about. a week goes by i now i have a dispute. he also sent me some pics of the tube and missing cap but anybody can pop of one end of a tube take everything out and say nope i dont have it.

can some one please confirm me does the usps have to put on the tube damaged if a end cap is missing before the delievery. b/c in the pics of the tube it looks just the way i sent it. his mail lady said to him the tube did feel pretty light. come on lady it s two pounds

deadnutz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Yup, gotta cover your arse anyway you can. Anything insured for over 200.00 automatically needs to be signed for. Anything under you need to pay for signature confirmation. I had a package arrive damaged once before (heavy tube was broken in half) I got lucky as the cue was unharmed. Had a different cue arrive a couple weeks ago in one if those small ready post boxes and get this.......the shipper never even taped the box shut. Kinda hard to believe but, no damage and the cue was still in there.
I listed a cue for sale this morning and within the hour had a couple inquiries. One of which came from a new member (April 13) who happen to have zero Itrader and zero posts asking for my best price on the cue. I gave him my best price and explained to him the ONLY way we'd be doing business is if he sent a USPS money order. It covers me from him paying via Paypal then putting a stop on the money. I haven't heard back from that guy yet and it wouldn't shock me if I don't. Sorry about your situation.

half fast bankr

Purist / Traditionalist
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Sounds like you got taken, and not by a very cunning thief either. One of the oldest tricks in the book. Rule 1, don't deal with new guys. Rule 2, if you break rule 1 cover your arse.

sharpq

What's a "Taper Roll" ???
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Sounds like you got taken, and not by a very cunning thief either. One of the oldest tricks in the book. Rule 1, don't deal with new guys. Rule 2, if you break rule 1 cover your arse.

Good advice usually!!

BUT, look at the OP, he's only been around a few months but has plenty of iTrader in that time to make me comfortable dealing w/ him.

NO iTRADER or at least 5 solid ones NO dice!!!!!

Always use Sig required if you don't know the buyer and buy insurance every time!

Sorry you had to run into a bad deal so soon on AZ, most here are solid guys.

Last edited:

larry732

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
208   0   0
Sorry for your loss. I offered to buy the cue from you and you said you changed your mind about selling the Predator BK2. You should have stayed with me.

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
256   0   0
I wouldn't consider doing a paypal sale deal with a brand new member with no history or personal references. Especially without signature delivery & insurance. Not unless you're ready to give your stuff away. Tough lesson here.....you got hosed....sorry.

POOLGODBEWITHME

Tom "B" player
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Buyers home town

Post the buyers home town, if someone on here is from the same area, maybe they can do some PMing to get a real name and such and see if this guy is breaking racks with a BK. I'm in Davison Mi. halfway between Flint and Lapeer. If this person is in my area I'd be happy to check it out.
As far as selling to new members, we all were new at one time, I wouldn't sell to a brand new first time poster, but you gotta start somewhere. I've been registered here for almost 5 years, I was a lurker for about a year before that, I have had nothing but stellar deals here (maybe I'm lucky) I send my money as quickly as possible to put sellers at ease. I havent bought anything real expensive yet, so maybe its not worth ripping me off yet. Anyway, being fairly new yourself, I don't blame you for going for it. But you do need insurance and delivery signature. If the insurance cost less that the item being shipped, insure it. A few dollars can save you a bunch. I just shipped some stuff for a trade the other day, 4 pounds of stuff in a flat rate box $400 in insurance less than $20. I think the insurance part was less than 5 bucks.
sorry about the tough lesson, If I can help let me know.
Tom

azdiamondbacks1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
The sad reality is Paypal is set up to protect the buyer. Even if
you send the package with signature confirmation and insurance you
still run the risk of being scammed by someone who says the "package
was empty" If the buyer stated he never recd the package and you
could prove otherwise then paypal would protect you. If the buyer says
the item was missing than you are in a tough spot because once again
paypal is set up to protect the BUYER. I think the best practice would
be if a brand new member with limited or no itrader wants to buy something
they must pay by check or money order and ship after the item clears. If
you have lots of positive rep and a buyer wont trust you than they are
probably trying to pull a fast one on you. I heard once that the people
you need to watch out for the most are the ones that don't trust others.
Expensive way to learn a lesson. Sorry for your loss.

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Did you file an insurance claim with the USPS? If not, why? If you failed to insure the package, that was a very bad move.