can't believe no one noticed

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The third game of the double in the Miami v/s Atlanta match Shannon broke and Jonny shot the next shot. Shannon was supposed to break and shoot, Lee and everyone on Miami missed it. Could of changed that game outcome.

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
turned out Miami won the game for 2 points, but they would of had a chance to get 3.

nathandumoulin

WPBL / RUNOUT MEDIA
Silver Member
turned out Miami won the game for 2 points, but they would of had a chance to get 3.

We did notice. But after the inning was over. Lol

Same as any other pool game. If the foul goes unnoticed and the inning passes, it's nullified.

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had it on and paid attention to the score, but the damn blue circle refresh thing every 10 seconds was pretty annoying.

That being said, I at least kept it on to help support viewership.

I'm not an expert in computers, all I know is most times I can watch other streams without this issue. So not looking for a technology fight of "worked fine for me" or "it's your flash player". No matter the reason, I wouldn't have confidence to purchase because of that. It's not just bonus ball. I wouldn't rent a movie if it had that issue. Makes it unwatchable.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
I had it on and paid attention to the score, but the damn blue circle refresh thing every 10 seconds was pretty annoying.

That being said, I at least kept it on to help support viewership.

I'm not an expert in computers, all I know is most times I can watch other streams without this issue. So not looking for a technology fight of "worked fine for me" or "it's your flash player". No matter the reason, I wouldn't have confidence to purchase because of that. It's not just bonus ball. I wouldn't rent a movie if it had that issue. Makes it unwatchable.

I watched it for about an hour and I believe I had one blue circle pop up which is buffering I believe and happens even on the other stream I am tuning in to today which is POV pool. It could be a Ustream thing or just my internet connection because it has happened a few times on the POV stream but only every 10 minutes for a second or two.

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched it for about an hour and I believe I had one blue circle pop up which is buffering I believe and happens even on the other stream I am tuning in to today which is POV pool. It could be a Ustream thing or just my internet connection because it has happened a few times on the POV stream but only every 10 minutes for a second or two.

I could deal with every 10 minutes.

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has it been happening on the POV stream? If so how often is it happening? Test your connection at www.speedtest.net and post your numbers and also what kind of computer are you on?

Yes, it's happening on that one as well. My download speed is 1mps. I'm guessing that's kind of low, huh? That is with POV running. I'm on a Dell Inspiron with core i5. And other wireless products running at the same time.

nathandumoulin

WPBL / RUNOUT MEDIA
Silver Member

We're streaming at the suggested bitrate as specified by ustream. We're using 4% of our upload bandwidth, and its showing that we're streaming to ustream without dropping any frames.

In short, were delivering the product as specified by ustream, to ustream, in format and bitrate as specified by ustream. It's also being verified on ustreams end. The only thing that I can think of, is that your internet connection is lagging as it is rerouted to that particular ustream server, or that the actual ustream server is lagging (doubtful considering that its working great for most people).

I'm really not sure what else to say. I mean, I'll run it by the web guys yet again, but I'm not certain there is anything more than can be done.

Either way, thanks for the feedback.

Yes, it's happening on that one as well. My download speed is 1mps. I'm guessing that's kind of low, huh? That is with POV running. I'm on a Dell Inspiron with core i5. And other wireless products running at the same time.

EDIT. Nevermind. That's exactly the problem right there. A typical internet connection these days is 10-15 mpbs, and a typical stream is nearly 1mbps. You're maxing your connection out with one stream, let alone two. :p

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We're streaming at the suggested bitrate as specified by ustream. We're using 4% of our upload bandwidth, and its showing that we're streaming to ustream without dropping any frames.

In short, were delivering the product as specified by ustream, to ustream, in format and bitrate as specified by ustream. It's also being verified on ustreams end. The only thing that I can think of, is that your internet connection is lagging as it is rerouted to that particular ustream server, or that the actual ustream server is lagging (doubtful considering that its working great for most people).

I'm really not sure what else to say. I mean, I'll run it by the web guys yet again, but I'm not certain there is anything more than can be done.

Thanks Nathan. FastLenny is trying to help me out as well. That's why I was sure not to blame in my post as I am no expert. Buffering makes anything difficult to watch.

Now if you really want to help, give us some more teasers on the press briefing on what's happening next week! :grin:

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member

That is a very low download speed and if you have multiple stuff downloading on other systems or are playing multiple streams it would explain the buffering problems happening more often then other users. Here is my connection speeds. :smile:

2820354988.png

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

EDIT. Nevermind. That's exactly the problem right there. A typical internet connection these days is 10-15 mpbs, and a typical stream is nearly 1mbps. You're maxing your connection out with one stream, let alone two. :p

Thanks to both you and FastLenny for outing me as computer illiterate that either has too slow of a connection, or too much technology crap on at one time. Several wireless computers, at least 1 tablet and 2 cell phones on wifi in the house. Is that why my connection is so slow? I've tested the speed before and it has been higher. Is it because of all the other items?

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is a very low download speed and if you have multiple stuff downloading on other systems or are playing multiple streams it would explain the buffering problems happening more often then other users. Here is my connection speeds. :smile:

2820354988.png

Sure! Rub it in AND make me jealous!

Want to tell me I'm fat and have no game either? Or don't you know me that well?
:grin-square:

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Update...

Teenager left the house, speed went up to 2.9mps (still not great), but now watching the BB match with no buffering. Let's see what happens if I try to get the 10 ball match up as well.

nathandumoulin

WPBL / RUNOUT MEDIA
Silver Member
Update...

Teenager left the house, speed went up to 2.9mps (still not great), but now watching the BB match with no buffering. Let's see what happens if I try to get the 10 ball match up as well.

lol, amazing.

What are you? A hacker? How do you get that kind of speed?

lol, This part of Vegas is damn fast, but not that insane!. 30mbps down, and 25mbps up. Hard to argue either way. :)

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol, amazing.

lol, This part of Vegas is damn fast, but not that insane!. 30mbps down, and 25mbps up. Hard to argue either way. :)

I was able to watch the last match with no buffering at all, so thanks again for your and Lenny's help for me to at least understand the speed requirements a little.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The third game of the double in the Miami v/s Atlanta match Shannon broke and Jonny shot the next shot. Shannon was supposed to break and shoot, Lee and everyone on Miami missed it. Could of changed that game outcome.

i noticed, i tried to call the BB hotline but I lost my phone;)

its been a good sweat today, it aint my favorite game to watch but it aint tourture either.