Earl is a disgrace!

YubaCushion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's sad that I have to spell it out for you.

Earl's behavior is in direct violation of the code of conduct. He was clearly sharking his opponent(s), and you don't need to be self-righteous to understand that what he was doing his clearly wrong. This is a very simple black and white issue.

What's sad is that your handle is Beiber Lvr.
What he did was wrong per rules, yes.
In the grand scope of Earl. It doesn't matter to me.

YubaCushion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool has done plenty for Earl, and he has plenty of individual accomplishments.

Please list specifically what Earl, himself, has done for the game of pool.

He made more people watch it. He inspired people to play. He raised the level of competition.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's sad is that your handle is Beiber Lvr.
What he did was wrong per rules, yes.
In the grand scope of Earl. It doesn't matter to me.

Obviously you don't see the big picture of why I selected this s/n.

If I make enough posts, eventually when someone Googles "Justin Bieber" it will direct them to this forum, and might get some folks interested in pool.

Or I could have just chosen it ironically.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He made more people watch it. He inspired people to play. He raised the level of competition.

No excuse for being an asshole. Nice try, but try again.

Oh, and Efren did all of those things as well, but you don't see him *****ing up a storm or sharking his opponents.

YubaCushion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Oh, and Efren did all of those things as well, but you don't see him *****ing up a storm or sharking his opponents.

You asked me what has he done for pool and I answered. You try again.

MahnaMahna

Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!
Silver Member
Anybody who thinks Earl's behavior is a good thing for pool is also directly responsible for Honey Boo Boo being on TV and making millions.

Don't feed the troll. He's attempting to defend the indefensible. Unfortunately, yuba can't see how his position makes him appear incredibly foolish and ignorant in front of the community members here.

YubaCushion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't feed the troll. He's attempting to defend the indefensible. Unfortunately, yuba can't see how his position makes him appear incredibly foolish and ignorant in front of the community members here.

Hey NYC TROLL Your opinion doesn't hold any more weight than anyone else.
Another New York'er who thinks he's smarter and more enlightened than everyone else. What a surprise.

Last edited:

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
.players will rarely produce such a shot in today's format.

popman;4483162[B said:
]Earl is showing the world how to put some entertainment into an otherwise boring game.
[/B]
Why have the seated player sit there like a dead statue? Rather, antics and any other tactics would give the seated player something else to do. Being the seated player gives a player a chance to be entertaining.

Maybe the shooter is distracted. So What? Who wants to watch one player do all the shooting anyway. That's what killed 14.1.

Let's put more entertaining interaction into the game to generate more of an entertainment value for the people who buy the tickets.

Earl, perhaps unknowingly, attempts to put this into the game.

Unfortunately the Rules of 9 Ball are the Game's worst enemy.....a thousand times worse than any one particular player.

I saw it coming many years ago, 'one foul ball-in-hand" is like watching golf where they show One Drive and Seven, 2 Foot Putts every hole......once a champion player gets "in line" the shots are uneventful....especially on this super fast equipment.

I"ve ask many, many people that would watch pool and they say the same thing "we want to see tough shots that the players have to make under pressure"......players will rarely produce such a shot in today's format....maybe two or three times a match.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I saw it coming many years ago, 'one foul ball-in-hand" is like watching golf where they show One Drive and Seven, 2 Foot Putts every hole......once a champion player gets "in line" the shots are uneventful....especially on this super fast equipment.

I"ve ask many, many people that would watch pool and they say the same thing "we want to see tough shots that the players have to make under pressure"......players will rarely produce such a shot in today's format....maybe two or three times a match.

I've said the same thing thousands of times and NOBODY in today's 9-ball pool world gets it.

I try to explain it to people at Hawaiian Brian's and everybody is too hesitant to even give it a try.

I think it will have to be brought into the pool world through tournaments since nobody will even give it a chance until they see it being played by the professionals.

In edit: I am going to suggest playing this with my usual Sunday-morning 9-ball playing buddy tomorrow. As a matter of fact, I'm going to get on one of the slower tables to play as well. I'm tired of playing on tables so fast that you have to "bunt" the balls around...I want to be on a table that requires a "stroke" to get around.

Last edited:

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
i'm going to post this, and then possibly take a WEEK off (cause apparently 24 hrs wasn't enough!) - and i told yáll a WEEK ago -

- if you'd been here, then you'd know.

i'm going to post this, and then possibly take a WEEK off (cause apparently 24 hrs wasn't enough!) - and i told yáll a WEEK ago -

- if you'd been here, then you'd know.

Know what? That Barry invited Earl because he wanted some drama? An infant knew that going in. The real question is did Barry get more than he bargained for? The answer to that is yes. Was he disgusted and embarrassed by what he saw from the Americans? The answer to that is yes. Are the Americans in jeapordy of not being invited back to compete in the Mosconi Cup as a team next year? The answer to that is yes, too.

If it was just Earl, than I'm sure the folks at Matchroom would've been content that their intentions were satisfied. But the on air, hot mic moments of swearing was just too much. Rodney and Dennis were guilty of that. And nobody appreciated Rodney when he asked Daz to go to the parking lot to fight. That too was caught on the mic.

In total, Barry feels cheated. The Americans showed up to get their checks. Their behavior was a personal affront to Barry Hearn. And it comes on the heels of Badi Nazhat's letter about players being unprofessional. And that was preceded by Mark Griffith canceling American events for many of the same reasons from many of the same players.

Either the American players are too stupid to realize that they've brought these hardships on themselves, because of their actions, or they don't care. Either way, its not going to end well for them. 2014 will be a year that they won't soon forget. And they just aren't good enough to travel and play in the international events.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pure class there.... Not sure you are helping your "cause". (Reference his picture of Jesus giving the finger)

You better learn how to quote correctly if you want to post negatively on this forum. :mad:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When you stick up for someone you stick up for the pereson as a hole. The good and bad. So don't just pick the worst and say that's only what I'm sticking up for. I bet if we went over your life you wouldn't be so quick to take the moral high ground. Your not the maturity gauge either.

Ignore the haters, YubaCushion. Thanks for your posts! :smile:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Know what? That Barry invited Earl because he wanted some drama? An infant knew that going in. The real question is did Barry get more than he bargained for? The answer to that is yes. Was he disgusted and embarrassed by what he saw from the Americans? The answer to that is yes. Are the Americans in jeapordy of not being invited back to compete in the Mosconi Cup as a team next year? The answer to that is yes, too.

If it was just Earl, than I'm sure the folks at Matchroom would've been content that their intentions were satisfied. But the on air, hot mic moments of swearing was just too much. Rodney and Dennis were guilty of that. And nobody appreciated Rodney when he asked Daz to go to the parking lot to fight. That too was caught on the mic.

In total, Barry feels cheated. The Americans showed up to get their checks. Their behavior was a personal affront to Barry Hearn. And it comes on the heels of Badi Nazhat's letter about players being unprofessional. And that was preceded by Mark Griffith canceling American events for many of the same reasons from many of the same players.

Either the American players are too stupid to realize that they've brought these hardships on themselves, because of their actions, or they don't care. Either way, its not going to end well for them. 2014 will be a year that they won't soon forget. And they just aren't good enough to travel and play in the international events.

I definitely agree with you here on several points.

Though Johnny's tableside demeanor was perfect, he didn't show up as the captain, which truly hurt Team USA. If there had been a captain in command the entire time, things would have been different, I think. Team unison, for one thing. Most of Team USA looked as this year's Mosconi Cup as a social event, not a competition. Therein lies the problem.

Earl acted *exactly* as expected. Barry Hearn, I'm sure, was aware of Earl's tableside demeanor after all these years. Earl performed as expected, and he played pretty damn good as far as pool goes.

Shane was Shane, and I love him. Though he did not bring his best game to the table, I realize after reading AtLarge's statistics, he played best out of all five Americans. I thought when he played partners with Earl that his calmness complemented Earl's unpredictable emotions. My favorite match of the Cup.

Dennis and Rodney with their language was sad. It doesn't offend me to hear the F word, but on national TV, it's a no-no. If Johnny Archer had been doing his job as team captain, he would have nipped this behavior in the bud the first time it happened. Instead, his concentrations were on his family and his children in the stands and, of course, his time in the pit shooting pool.

I must have missed Rodney calling Daz out in the parking lot. What is going on with Rodney lately? Rumor has it that Dennis and Karl got into a physical back-and-forth. To me, this seems like substance-induced behavior, as some people get aggressive when they consume too much. Both of these players are teddy bears normally.

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

NYC Dude, you have a very accurate pulse on the direction professional pool seems to be headed these days !.. Badi, Mark Griffin, Greg Sullivan, Justin,(TAR) Jay Helfert, (and moi) are all in agreement with you !...Not bad company !

You are right..2014 will be a wake-up call, for pro pool in the U.S....Sadly, I don't see the pro's getting any smarter !.. In fact many are acting like Earl, thinking "HE" is what people really want to see !..Train wrecks are great 'attention getters', but they only last a few seconds, then you have to create another one, or you will lose your 'short attention span' audience !..Cursing, gutter language, and fighting are just fine, IF you are drunk, in your home bar !.. But NOT quite so acceptable on national TV..:(

Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With the current lot of industry members, I do *not* believe they have any interest in saving American professional pool, as evidenced by their commentary.

Hard to read this forum, these days, with all the American pro pool haters.

Some of us like Earl. Count me as one of them.

Attachments

• earl smiling.JPG
    earl smiling.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 174

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really, what was Jack Nicklaus' background story that everyone was so enamored with, because I can't seem to remember anything other than his incredible playing and great sportsmanship? What about Pete Sampras, and Chris Evert? Was there some kind of controversial story about these players that made everyone flock to watch them perform?

You know what, CJ? I think maybe only jerks enjoy watching jerks act like jerks. You think, maybe?

Your point is meaningless because IT WAS A DIFFERENT TIME.. You weren't competing against a zillion other forms of entertainment. Golf is already poplar...people love it. Pool halls are closing up every where..golf courses aren't. That tells me more people play golf then pool. Not to mention Tiger woods. Check the ratings when tiger plays as when he doesn't. If tiger doesn't make the cut they They dump. No one cares. If tiger finishes 10th in a tournament they will show his shots and then barely mention who won.

The fact is there is SO much entertainment competing for your time and entertainment dollar that you have to have something grab peoples attention. Stop thinking about you and I who love the game and will watch it no matter what. The people on here love the sweet science of the game and that's enough. If you want it to be successful you need to get people who aren't head over heals in love with the game to tune in. That's the challenge.

Last edited: