Anyone else at work on Christmas day

Charlie Hustle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Which one of you lucky ones get to work today? I cant complain, double and a half time pay. Merry Christmas everyone. :cool:

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Which one of you lucky ones get to work today? I cant complain, double and a half time pay. Merry Christmas everyone. :cool:

I went in at 3:30 am and was off by 10:00, DT+1/2 here also. I will pay for it later today on the pool table. I don't play so well when I am this tired. Happy Holidays!

ball-banger

I hate this damn game!
Silver Member
My wife is at work right now. Dunkin Donuts, they never close. No o.t. for her, $8.75/hr to work on Christmas. Heartless bastards.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I'm working today also.
Overtime?....hell, this might COST me money.

Still over 70,000 homes without power in my area due to an ice storm.
We got power but no internet.....working off a cell phone.

But Merry Christmas everyone.

:wave3::happydance:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I never cried when I use to have to work any holiday when I worked in a Hospital, or the News Business, today IMHO if you are stuck working Christmas, be happy you have a job.

JMHO.

spliced

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Still here, working 8-4 :/ Pray I do not get any calls in the next 12 minutes!!!!

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Not working at the Hospital today as I have been off for a bit.

The staff that get to work Christmas Day get a coupon for a free Christmas dinner from the kitchen.

I know that it sounds like I'm complaining but Industrial Hospital food will make you sicker than the people that you are looking after.

I always catch the late shift so they don't have to pay over time.

Just as well cause I'm usually in the ER and I hate taking people to the morgue on Christmas day.

Last edited:

brandoncook26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I work in a hospital. Going in tonight at 7 and will be there for 13 hours. No overtime or time and a half, just regular old pay.

Sucks to work on Christmas, but still much to be thankful for. I could be there as a patient instead of an employee.

Charlie Hustle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I work in a hospital. Going in tonight at 7 and will be there for 13 hours. No overtime or time and a half, just regular old pay.

Sucks to work on Christmas, but still much to be thankful for. I could be there as a patient instead of an employee.

Very good outlook. :)

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Brandon, I always feel bad for the little ones that have to spend Christmas in the Hospital.

One of the bars that we play out of went all out with steak nights, donations etc. One of the guys was going to dress up like Santa and they were going to deliver presents to the kids on the Palliative Ward. Good people they are.

Charlie Hustle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Brandon, I always feel bad for the little ones that have to spend Christmas in the Hospital.

One of the bars that we play out of went all out with steak nights, donations etc. One of the guys was going to dress up like Santa and they were going to deliver presents to the kids on the Palliative Ward. Good people they are.

That does sound like a great group of people. :thumbup:

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
And ya know what Charle, the bar owners are Canadian Metis People. Not that has anything to do with it but when we talk about racism being rampant these days, there ya go.

They are nice people to begin with but I have a totally different outlook on supporting their bar in the future.

I was a bit shocked when they told me of their plans. There is not one bar in town that did anything close to that.

bflgvs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds like some union members are working. Double time and a half sure sounds like union to me. Labor Day used to be the big OT day.

Me, I'm not working and haven't for over the past 8+years. Ain't retirement grand! :)

brandoncook26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It's a terrible situation for any kid to have to spend Christmas in the hospital. Where I work, a few years ago there was a young boy named Jarrett who was diagnosed with cancer. With the help of his mom, he started a charity called Jarrett's Joy Cart. He collected money and toys and while in the hospital he went around delivering Christmas presents to the other sick kids.

He has since passed on, but his mother continues the charity and the service in his name. Pretty cool for someone at such a young age to think of others in that situation.

Anyone interested can read about Jarrett here: http://thejoycart.com

kntbeach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here at the pulp mill we have a full crew because we go 24 hours a day 7 days a week. I am salary so I just get to have fun working with the hourly folks who get double time and a half plus dinner delivered both on days and nights. It has been a fun Christmas, oh and we are not union.