>>>> FS 2013 Barry Szamboti Tuxedo Hoppe Cue -- Perfect In Every Respect <<<<

Quality Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 99.6%
231   1   0
>>>> FS 2013 Barry Szamboti Tuxedo Hoppe Cue -- Perfect In Every Respect <<<<

For sale is a 2013 BARRY SZAMBOTI tuxedo hoppe cue (cue #578 as per Barry's LOA), which is PERFECT IN EVERY RESPECT. The veneer colors are black, white, black and white. The cue has a total of 28 Ivory inlays, including 24 in the butt sleeve. The wrap is seamless black elephant. The joint is piloted Ivory with Ivory dashes on both sides of the joint. The shafts are 100% and dead nuts straight. This cue is in 100% condition.

The specs are:

Butt length = 29.0 inches

Weight: 19.2 oz. with one shaft and 19.1 oz. with the other; the butt alone weighs 15.1 oz.

Shaft diameters: 13.03 mm and 13.01 mm.

The solid Ivory joint protectors were made by Barry and cost $500.

SOLD, SOLD, SOLD in all CASH deal!

Last edited:
Reactions: aff

JTs cuerepair

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Weight bolt

No disrespect to Mike here , He is just selling another beautiful cue, But I would think for what Barry sells his cues for he could at the least put a polished weight bolt in there with better looking engraving as well. There are cue makers that sell hoppe cues at 1/3 of what Barry sells his for and they put beautiful polished weight bolts in there.

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
No disrespect to Mike here , He is just selling another beautiful cue, But I would think for what Barry sells his cues for he could at the least put a polished weight bolt in there with better looking engraving as well. There are cue makers that sell hoppe cues at 1/3 of what Barry sells his for and they put beautiful polished weight bolts in there.

I'm with you on this one, but maybe the weightbolt was just scratched in by the previous owner for id purposes. I would doubt Szam would make such historic pieces
of cue history and scratch his initial in the bolt.
Fantastic cue none the less.

SSach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Great cue - slightly off topic

I would agree with you, but if you have been scratching in your initials and marking up the weight bolt as a cuemaker it could be just one added thing used to authenticate the cue. I believe Richard Harris writes in under the bumper and I have heard of others as well. Remember that the steel screw you are speaking of is actually covered by a rubber bumper. I believe Southwest was marking as well before they started with the pin serial number.

I would think that it is harsh to assume he was being lazy considering the fact that inlay and point work is very clean.

GLWS the cue is a beauty and destined to make someone very happy.

- Sanjay

Last edited:

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0

Barry uses a bumper.... the bolt is not meant as an esthetic part of his hoppe's.. His engraving is "his thing".. all correct and all perfect

poolrod

I like old school
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
199   0   0
I bought this cue brand new and unplayed. The engraving is all Barry, it does have a bumper and was not meant for display, maybe. Very unique and his own style for sure. Like others with theirs, lol. This cue is one of the greatest that I ever owned, it looks and plays picture perfect. If you want a gem, this is it.

Quality Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 99.6%
231   1   0
I'm with you on this one, but maybe the weightbolt was just scratched in by the previous owner for id purposes. I would doubt Szam would make such historic pieces
of cue history and scratch his initial in the bolt.
Fantastic cue none the less.

The comments that "maybe the weight bolt was scratched in by the previous owner for id purposes" and "I would doubt Szam would make such historic pieces of cue history and scratch his initial in the bolt" reflect complete ignorance of Barry Szamboti cues. Every cue by Barry that I have ever owned (and that's a bunch of Barry cues) had Barry's initials and month and year hand scratched into the weight bolt by Barry and was hidden underneath a rubber bumper, just like the one in this cue. The weight bolt is not visible when looking at my cue. See the photo of the bumper up close, which depicts a perfect butt sleeve. One has to remove the rubber bumper to see the weight bolt. I included a photo of the weight bolt in my listing for purposes of authentication. Enough said about the weight bolt comments in this thread.

Last edited:

JTs cuerepair

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
The comments that "maybe the weight bolt was scratched in by the previous owner for id purposes" and "I would doubt Szam would make such historic pieces of cue history and scratch his initial in the bolt" reflect complete ignorance of Barry Szamboti cues. Every cue by Barry that I have ever owned (and that's a bunch of Barry cues) had Barry's initials and month and year hand scratched into the weight bolt by Barry and was hidden underneath a rubber bumper, just like the one in this cue. The weight bolt is not visible when looking at my cue. See the photo of the bumper up close, which depicts a perfect butt sleeve. One has to remove the rubber bumper to see the weight bolt. I included a photo of the weight bolt in my listing for purposes of authentication. Enough said about the weight bolt comments in this thread.

"I would doubt Szam would make such historic pieces of cue history and scratch his initial in the

Mike you make barry sound like the almighty God, Shit he is just a guy that makes pool cues, Way over priced pool cues at that, If you ask me he is just riding on the reputation of his father. $5,000 - $7,000 for a plane jane cue because it's made by him when there are so may cues out there that I'll bet hit much better for a fraction of the cost. He is sazmboti, Big deal Just another cue maker in the eyes of many. But there are a small select group of guys that will kiss his ass just to get cues from him..... Pete tascarella makes a cue with just as much history as Barry and sells them for much less. Many say they play and hit awesome. That's why Tascarella cues are as popular as they are, Not because some famous guys son makes cues like daddy did and charges way more then they are really worth. Not looking for a pissing contest here just sick of all the SUGAR COATING, ASS KISSING and B.S. that goes on here.

poolrod

I like old school
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
199   0   0
"I would doubt Szam would make such historic pieces of cue history and scratch his initial in the

Mike you make barry sound like the almighty God, Shit he is just a guy that makes pool cues, Way over priced pool cues at that, If you ask me he is just riding on the reputation of his father. $5,000 - $7,000 for a plane jane cue because it's made by him when there are so may cues out there that I'll bet hit much better for a fraction of the cost. He is sazmboti, Big deal Just another cue maker in the eyes of many. But there are a small select group of guys that will kiss his ass just to get cues from him..... Pete tascarella makes a cue with just as much history as Barry and sells them for much less. Many say they play and hit awesome. That's why Tascarella cues are as popular as they are, Not because some famous guys son makes cues like daddy did and charges way more then they are really worth. Not looking for a pissing contest here just sick of all the SUGAR COATING, ASS KISSING and B.S. that goes on here.

So you won't buy the cue then?.

Quality Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 99.6%
231   1   0

Jack:

As I recall, you are a cue repair guy working out of a pool hall in Massachusetts and barely making $20,000 per year. I understand that you are jealous of Barry, who commands more than $10,000 for some of his real fancy cues, cues that you can only dream about owning and never will. Please buzz off now and quit posting nasty things about Barry in this thread. Nobody is interested in comments by a nobody cue repair guy who works for peanuts.

Thanks,

Mike

PrettyBoy_Floyd

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jack:

As I recall, you are a cue repair guy working out of a pool hall in Massachusetts and barely making $20,000 per year. I understand that you are jealous of Barry, who commands more than $10,000 for some of his real fancy cues, cues that you can only dream about owning and never will. Please buzz off now and quit posting nasty things about Barry in this thread. Nobody is interested in comments by a nobody cue repair guy who works for peanuts.

Thanks,

Mike

This is a great looking cue and probably a stone cold killer on the table. As far as price goes anyone can charge whatever they think they can get. Gus made some great cues and im glad I got to play witha few way back when long before Barry started. Barry also makes great cues but would he be where he is without Gus, no. So if Barry makes a couple cues and makes more than a repairman does in a year should repairmen jack their prices up or just quit all together and have everyone send their shafts back to the maker to have tips put on and wait 2 months to get them back. Some of them take their job serious just as you probably do and you never know but they jus might start refusing to put tips wraps etc on for some people, I'm sure you can relate.

PBF old school pool teacher

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
What is up with this debate in Mike's FOR SALE thread?

I don't care what $ Jack makes or doesn't make, but his guesses on what Barry "would do" are dead wrong and the rest belongs somewhere else, as do all the opinions on how Barry should build cues or what his values should be.

JTs cuerepair

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Jack:

Thanks,

Mike

OK Mike , I was just saying I don't think barry's cue are worth as much as he Charges for them, But since you want to make this personal like the PISS ANT You really are.
Not sure where you get your information from but just for the records, I work for BAE systems in Nashua N,H as an electrical Engineer, BAE systems is a Military defence contract company. My salary is $68,000.00 per year. I worked at the pool hall part time and have been doing cue repairs for 30 years for the love of the game. I promise you if I wanted a Barry cue I would have one. I just have better things to do with my money then stroke Barry's ego by buying one of his over priced cues, The fact that you have just posted and said what you just said only proves what I said all along as long as there are guys like you that are willing to kiss Barry's ass for his over priced cues,
There will be suckers like you to buy them. The fact that you tried to bring my personal business into the conversation only shows you have the mentality of a child, Now run along you little PISS ANT.

Last edited:

MahnaMahna

Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Piss ant

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397277922.969972.jpg

dom_poppa

Banned
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK Mike , I was just saying I don't think barry's cue are worth as much as he Charges for them, But since you want to make this personal like the PISS ANT You really are.
Not sure where you get your information from but just for the records, I work for BAE systems in Nashua N,H as an electrical Engineer, BAE systems is a Military defence contract company. My salary is $68,000.00 per year. I worked at the pool hall part time and have been doing cue repairs for 30 years for the love of the game. I promise you if I wanted a Barry cue I would have one. I just have better things to do with my money then stroke Barry's ego by buying one of his over priced cues, The fact that you have just posted and said what you just said only proves what I said all along as long as there are guys like you that are willing to kiss Barry's ass for his over priced cues,
There will be suckers like you to buy them. The fact that you tried to bring my personal business into the conversation only shows you have the mentality of a child, No run along you little PISS ANT.

I have to agree with everything here.

ChrisOnline

4 8 15 16 23 42
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
i only have this to say, i dont own a szamboti cue.. maybe someday i will be lucky enough...

but the prices everyone see's, are the secondary market prices.. these are the prices that Barry's cues are demanding and are what people are willing to pay for them.. from what i understand, the price of a cue is lower when you get one directly from Barry.. which in itself is a hard thing to do..

Barry and his cues are top notch.. best of the best.. and right now he is only making about 12 cues a year if that..

chris

Last edited: