"The South Dakota Kid" The Shane Van Boening Story

billiards102

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This video aired on South Dakota Public Television in early April 2014. It's biographical in nature and gives viewers a quick summary of his early childhood to 2014. His mother, Timi, and grandfather, Gary, are also interviewed.
Thank you to Kyle Mork, who is the person who took the time to get this project started and as far as I know did most of the work.

http://youtu.be/UgS3tRIy9Ek

This video aired on South Dakota Public Television in early April 2014. It's biographical in nature and gives viewers a quick summary of his early childhood to 2014. His mother, Timi, and grandfather, Gary, are also interviewed.
Thank you to Kyle Mork, who is the person who took the time to get this project started and as far as I know did most of the work.

I don't have the time to watch it right now but I do wonder if they mentioned how he cheated (on camera) John Morra in the 2012 D.C.C. Bankpool Finals.

Probably not.

ONB

SSach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks for posting

If we had more professional players like Shane the game would have a chance to go somewhere. He is pure class whether on the winner side or losing. I only hope he continues on for many more years and the game has an opportunity to reward him and others for their drive and determination.

SS

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
6 time US Open champ? They are probably counting ALL US Open titles like 10 ball, 8 ball and 1P.

The when you say US Open, it really means the 9 Ball that Barry puts on. The rest need their full names.

Last edited:

RobertaAgnor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
6 time US Open champ? They are probably counting ALL US Open titles like 10 ball, 8 ball and 1P.

The when you say US Open, it really means the 9 Ball that Barry puts on. The rest need their full names.

Was just getting ready to say something about that, great piece though!

PaulieB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't have the time to watch it right now but I do wonder if they mentioned how he cheated (on camera) John Morra in the 2012 D.C.C. Bankpool Finals.

Probably not.

ONB

I just went into my collection of Accu-stats videos and sure enough I have both finals 1 and 2 of SVB vs. Morra. Before I rewatch them to see what you are talking about, are you referring to the time SVB called a bank 2 rails and it went 4 rails (or vice versa, i forget) and he tried to play it off and keep playing (which was determined by Kenny to just be a matter of confusion and didn't count as a shot)? Just curious what you are talking about. I have the DVDs in hand and would be happy to watch them again to see what you mean.

XmarathonX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice video, thanks for posting. Did some other pros really make some unwritten "rule" that he had to leave his hearing aids on? Seems to me when you are at the table your skill is what matters, not some lame excuse that your opponent being deaf is an advantage & a reason you lost to a better player.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks for a very cool pool read about Shane!

This forum could use more of this content. Appreciate you sharing! :)

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Thanks for the link. I enjoyed that. Shane is a nice well mannered young man.

He is destined to be the best for some time in the future. And after that, I am sure that he has the knowledge and ambition to have a good career elsewhere.

Not that I am an Earl basher as he is one of my favorites.

Listening to Shane talk and then watching Earl in his interview.

Total World of difference eh.

ddadams

Absolutely love this cue.
Silver Member

Probably not.

ONB

I wish this was on YouTube. I'd love to see what you're talking about.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
If Shane ever decides to get out of Pro Pool, I think he has a promising career as an Ice Fisherman.

They make good money.

Mkbtank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That was great. Thanks! To hear SVB say that he practices 6-8 hours a day, 7 days a week was eye opening. I knew that he practiced a lot, but that is true dedication.

Probably not.

ONB

I just went into my collection of Accu-stats videos and sure enough I have both finals 1 and 2 of SVB vs. Morra. Before I rewatch them to see what you are talking about, are you referring to the time SVB called a bank 2 rails and it went 4 rails (or vice versa, i forget) and he tried to play it off and keep playing (which was determined by Kenny to just be a matter of confusion and didn't count as a shot)? Just curious what you are talking about. I have the DVDs in hand and would be happy to watch them again to see what you mean.

I've seen it at least 25 times (I have the DVD also) and you don't know what you are talking about.

ONB