The Baron and the Kid.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Reading the Marty Herman thread, I went to Utube and was looking for the Herman University episode where Marty was dancing.

At the side of the page was a link to the full movie, The Baron and the Kid.

I have never seen this movie before.

See, some dark Clouds do have a Silver Lining.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIsXbiC3Gq0

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Hey man I thought I was the Baron.

Yer still the AZB Baron Buddy.

Paul, I met Johnny one day, kind of. When I was in High School, I worked at the Hudson Bay Company.

Sat morning and Johnny was to perform that evening. We had just finished morning coffee break and walking out when this Tall Man dressed in a Black suite walked toward the cafeteria.

The guy I was with said, "Hey, thats Johnny Cash". we both looked around, Johnny stopped as well and looked at us, gave us a big smile and continued on.

When you see a Tall Man with a Black suit on, chances are, it was Johnny Cash.

I'm liking this movie so far. Johnny, Willie, Kris Kristopherson also made good gun fighters.

I wish that I remembered the movie that they were all in together.

Last edited:

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
That was an excellent movie Blue Hog. I enjoyed every bit of it. Thanks to you I'll only get 3 hours of sleep before going to work....LOL.

ridinda9

AKA: Sandy Bagger
Silver Member
i don't often agree with what he posts on AZB

But we need to thank our own John Barton of JB Cases for posting the movie onto YouTube!

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
When they were filming The Baron and the Kid the producers came to our outreach ministry center in Marietta, GA looking for an old brick building to shoot a pool hall scene in. Our building was only like 50 feet wide and they needed 60 feet for their camera shots. We had an interesting conversation with the producers once the conversation turned to religion. :)

Having that little tie to the movie and seeing local landmarks made a good movie even better for me.

Last edited:

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
Reading the Marty Herman thread, I went to Utube and was looking for the Herman University episode where Marty was dancing.

What on earth for!? You're into some weird shit, man!:D

At the side of the page was a link to the full movie, The Baron and the Kid.

I have never seen this movie before.

See, some dark Clouds do have a Silver Lining.

The movie was better than expected from a straight to tv production. Kind of clumsy pool playing at times, and very preachy, but hey it was better than average for a pool movie, and it had Johny Cash in it. Can't go wrong with the man in black! So many of the new pool movies tries to hard to make the main character bad ass and cool, and it only ends up being embarrassing to watch. This movie was a bit different in that respect. Thanks for the link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIsXbiC3Gq0

............................................................................................................................

Last edited:

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Thanks for the link...B grade, but with Johnny and his lady, who cares? Very enjoyable.