Anyone got any info on Jr Players in Colorado having problems?

Jesters

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Someone brought it to my attention that a group of Jr players in Colorado lost their sponsorship for expenses a week before the Jr Nationals. Just wondering if they have managed to raise the money needed as they were doing fund raisers. Hope it works out for them.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Someone brought it to my attention that a group of Jr players in Colorado lost their sponsorship for expenses a week before the Jr Nationals. Just wondering if they have managed to raise the money needed as they were doing fund raisers. Hope it works out for them.

I had the same issue, the worst part is that Str8-Shots (they of the "NO MONEY GAME FOR SHMITD!!!" fame on here) just ignored my calls and emails instead of saying "sorry we can't help you now".

They probably cost me a few hundred extra dollars for tickets since I had to finally book the trip myself last week for the tournament next week.

I also was told that the prize codes they gave to the academic prize kids for a 3.5 gpa did not work for the most part, many were invalid when the kids tried to use them.

It's one thing to agree to spend money on kids and then not be able to go though with it for business reasons, it's another to not give out any information to the parents and just leaving them hanging.

I spoke to them twice, the last time barely a month ago and was told they were working on arranging hotel rooms and would pay for our plane tickets to KY. So I waited and waited, and called and emailed and emailed again and called again, and again, no contact.

I suggest people stay away from them, the don't follow though on what they offer and have horrible communication aside from promoting the tournaments they put out.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I had the same issue, the worst part is that Str8-Shots (they of the "NO MONEY GAME FOR SHMITD!!!" fame on here) just ignored my calls and emails instead of saying "sorry we can't help you now".

They probably cost me a few hundred extra dollars for tickets since I had to finally book the trip myself last week for the tournament next week.

I also was told that the prize codes they gave to the academic prize kids for a 3.5 gpa did not work for the most part, many were invalid when the kids tried to use them.

It's one thing to agree to spend money on kids and then not be able to go though with it for business reasons, it's another to not give out any information to the parents and just leaving them hanging.

I spoke to them twice, the last time barely a month ago and was told they were working on arranging hotel rooms and would pay for our plane tickets to KY. So I waited and waited, and called and emailed and emailed again and called again, and again, no contact.

I suggest people stay away from them, the don't follow though on what they offer and have horrible communication aside from promoting the tournaments they put out.

NICE!!!! Im sorry that someone put you thru that kind of B.S. If people are not going to do what they said they were going to do at least try to have the nuts to tell the people instead of ignore them.:angry:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
NICE!!!! Im sorry that someone put you thru that kind of B.S. If people are not going to do what they said they were going to do at least try to have the nuts to tell the people instead of ignore them.:angry:

I don't mind so much that they had to back out of the sponsorship, but SO soon to the nationals??

I did not even mention that they also said they'd pay for a $60 entry fee tournament for my son that I paid for thinking I'd get reimbursed or that we got a pool table for him and was told by Str8-Shots they will send me cloth for it. So the damn pool table is still sitting in the basement un-assmebled because I was waiting for the cloth. We wanted to have the table setup in time so he can practice for Nationals as he's one of few kids that don't have a pool room owner parent or have a table at the house.

So no cloth, no tournament money, no trip money, no frikin phone call! I can't complain about not getting free stuff, but my son was constantly asking me what is going on, when are we getting the cloth, when are we getting the tickets for the trip... I could just shrug and say "I called" "I emailed" over and over.

itsfroze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I just went to their website and it is unavailable.

tproctor

Registered
I'm in the same boat. Just made my own hotel reservations for next week. I guess I should've listened to the old saying "If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is." I just feel bad for all of the kids that thought they had a sponsor and got screwed. My son being one of them.

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
Wasn't there a longtime AZ-member who joined up with them? Maybe he'd know what's going on? (sorry, I forget his name).

Jesters

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

So this is the Nationals in Kentucky? I think the others were going to Michigan. does his mean that two groups of kids didn't get their sponsorship then? Wow! I heard that the Colorado Pool Community were trying to get their end right if you are a different Jr Tournament are there more of you in your area? Also not sure if its the same sponsor as yours.

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
....So no cloth, no tournament money, no trip money, no frikin phone call! I can't complain about not getting free stuff, but my son was constantly asking me what is going on, when are we getting the cloth, when are we getting the tickets for the trip... I could just shrug and say "I called" "I emailed" over and over.

i would hope that Kimberly posts & cleans-up these allegations. she's pretty astute about that.

it's difficult to explain to a child, cause they ask weekly. and it puts the parent in a bad position when we can't get answers, for what they were promised by someone else....

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
She's been in the hospital for awhile and I heard she just got back home. Hope she's doing better.

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member

Wait a minute. Are you saying that str8 shots promised you hotel and airfare for the junior nationals - but then bailed on their offer with no notice?

Am I reading this correctly?

master_cueist

pick your poison
Silver Member
After their tournament in Pueblo when money for 1st through 4th was "stolen" I seen they were really picking up their advertising efforts for other tournaments so I asked them if they had a plan for paying those that were not paid because up till that point I was still under the impression they had only paid 1st place and also stated I was glad I had not been chosen as a rep for them (I was considered as a candidate to be sponsored by them) because I did not want to be associated with that. I was then immediately threatened with legal action for "slanderous and libelous comments and lies" because I was spreading lies and that nobody was not paid, even though in the same conversation they admitted to not being able to pay them yet. They asked where I got my info and even though it was pretty much common knowledge at this point I told them I was told by a friend who heard about it and they said if I did not give up their name, number, info, etc, that they were going to email/call every player that participated in the tournament and ban every single one of them for life until someone came forward and admitted to telling me even though the person who told me didn't even play!!! Is that really the type of company anybody wants to be a part of or participate in any of their events? If anybody doesn't believe me I still have every single message saved.

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
After their tournament in Pueblo when money for 1st through 4th was "stolen" I seen they were really picking up their advertising efforts for other tournaments so I asked them if they had a plan for paying those that were not paid because up till that point I was still under the impression they had only paid 1st place and also stated I was glad I had not been chosen as a rep for them (I was considered as a candidate to be sponsored by them) because I did not want to be associated with that. I was then immediately threatened with legal action for "slanderous and libelous comments and lies" because I was spreading lies and that nobody was not paid, even though in the same conversation they admitted to not being able to pay them yet. They asked where I got my info and even though it was pretty much common knowledge at this point I told them I was told by a friend who heard about it and they said if I did not give up their name, number, info, etc, that they were going to email/call every player that participated in the tournament and ban every single one of them for life until someone came forward and admitted to telling me even though the person who told me didn't even play!!! Is that really the type of company anybody wants to be a part of or participate in any of their events? If anybody doesn't believe me I still have every single message saved.

Who is the "they" in this post?

master_cueist

pick your poison
Silver Member
I also am friends with one of the Dart players they sponsored. They did the same thing with her. An event she was approved to play in and be sponsored came and went with her constantly trying to call, email, text them and they never responded and as far as I know still have left her in the dark.

BryanB

Huge Balls
Silver Member
So by your"stolen" remark..are you trying to insinuate the money was not stolen?
Since everyone is hearing stuff 2nd hand it would be best if you are spreading rumors...especially ones that are not true.

The money was stolen along with all of Kimberly's credit cards, personal and business. The business cards were what she used to pay for sponsored players air, hotels and entry fees.

They have been sponsoring me for pool tournaments and there was only one issue and that was a room reservation due to it the credit card issue mentioned above. I paid the room myself and was reimbursed.

I can't speak to any of the issues with junior pool or dart players since I have no knowledge of them.
Yes, Kim has been in the hospital and is back home now I believe. She ran the show. If e-mails or phones weren't being answered that is the reason.

Hang in there. They are great people that have been getting some bad rolls

master_cueist

pick your poison
Silver Member
The calls and emails I was speaking of were before she was in the hospital. That is not the reason. Emails to Marc also went unreturned. Why was so much money left where it could so easily be stolen? How did the cameras just "happen" to not work/catch anything? Why was it just 1st through 4th money that was stolen even though apparently it had happened much further in the day before many other people had been paid out? I have talked to two people of the top 4 and they are not convinced. I am not insinuating anything, there are just a lot of very suspicious details of this whole thing that really stinks.
So by your"stolen" remark..are you trying to insinuate the money was not stolen?
Since everyone is hearing stuff 2nd hand it would be best if you are spreading rumors...especially ones that are not true.

The money was stolen along with all of Kimberly's credit cards, personal and business. The business cards were what she used to pay for sponsored players air, hotels and entry fees.

They have been sponsoring me for pool tournaments and there was only one issue and that was a room reservation due to it the credit card issue mentioned above. I paid the room myself and was reimbursed.

I can't speak to any of the issues with junior pool or dart players since I have no knowledge of them.
Yes, Kim has been in the hospital and is back home now I believe. She ran the show. If e-mails or phones weren't being answered that is the reason.

Hang in there. They are great people that have been getting some bad rolls

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wait a minute. Are you saying that str8 shots promised you hotel and airfare for the junior nationals - but then bailed on their offer with no notice?

Am I reading this correctly?

Yes, exactly that. Plus reimbursement for tournament and pool cloth for the table we were going to setup.

I know Kimberly was sick, but I left messages on the main company number as well as another contact they gave us a while back, so someone should have said something, even on Facebook if not in email or calling me back.