Strickland vs. Morra Match Starts Tonight Oct 1, 2, 3, @ 8:00

Thanks for this reminder.
Earl came with some nice shots. Made a 2 railer out of the corner in the side. Johnny missed several long banks just short that bobbled out.
The 9 and 10 ball should be fun. Expect Earl to shine.

markatwork

One foot on the floor
Silver Member
tumblr_n9r14uZF6y1tideteo1_r2_400.gif

...Earl was playing well

oldplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched maybe an hour or so and was surprised at how many banks they missed. we all have our "off" days though. :sorry:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
You are correct ... 7-4. Pretty strong considering John was supposedly stealing .
Hard to steal playing Esrl

Actually, Earl's bank pool game was outstanding at Derby City this year. He finished third. No surprise here. The bank pool clearly could have gone either way.

Rotation pool should be close, but Morra must be reckoned a slight favorite in both nine and ten ball.

Good luck to both players.

randallt6

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually, Earl's bank pool game was outstanding at Derby City this year. He finished third. No surprise here. The bank pool clearly could have gone either way.

Rotation pool should be close, but Morra must be reckoned a slight favorite in both nine and ten ball.

lol.......

Come see my thread in the action room. I got money waiting for you:D.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member

When Morra was playing with Alex P. and hung up the 8 ball hill game straight in, this past week to cost his team the match, he's still not at Earls level yet. I'd have ta say Earl in this spot would NOT of done this. I'd take Earl over Morra any day in rotation pool, especially if Earl picked the rules.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Never heard anyone named a favorite against Earl in 9-ball, let alone someone I have never heard of! :eek:

Yeah, what credentials does Morra have?

He only went double hill with Shane in this year's Derby City 9-ball in the final, losing the title due to one of the worst rolls I've ever seen. He also played Shane in the Derby City Bigfoot 10-ball event, losing 11-10. At the Steinway classic in August, Morra was the one who eliminated Shane.

If you've never heard of Morra, you're not paying much attention to the pro scene. In the three match ups I've seen in 2014 between Morra and Shane, Morra always got to the hill or better.

Perhaps he's a tough match for Shane but isn't nearly good enough to have a shot against Earl!

dudlock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, what credentials does Morra have?

He only went double hill with Shane in this year's Derby City 9-ball in the final, losing the title due to one of the worst rolls I've ever seen. He also played Shane in the Derby City Bigfoot 10-ball event, losing 11-10. At the Steinway classic in August, Morra was the one who eliminated Shane.

If you've never heard of Morra, you're not paying much attention to the pro scene. In the three match ups I've seen in 2014 between Morra and Shane, Morra always got to the hill or better.

Perhaps he's a tough match for Shane but isn't nearly good enough to have a shot against Earl!

That's right. And don't forget when they played in the banks finals and Morra beat Shane. That was when Shane tried to screw him when he called a four railer and it went two rails and Shane tried to take credit for it. Morra kept Shane from sweeping all three that year at The Derby. I like them both very much, though...

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
That's right. And don't forget when they played in the banks finals and Morra beat Shane. That was when Shane tried to screw him when he called a four railer and it went two rails and Shane tried to take credit for it. Morra kept Shane from sweeping all three that year at The Derby. I like them both very much, though...

Yup, I was ringside for that banks match in January 2013. In fairness to Shane, though, he commented in the ceremony that John was the better player in that match and deserved the title.

You've got a good memory!