The good Ole Days.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
I remember back when, you know, the days when we walked to school in knee deep snow uphill both ways.

We were so poor, we couldn't afford cue tips.

So, we used ????

Finish it off for us.

I knows that youse guys is creative and Sat is laugh day.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Once upon a time, things were so tough that my father wouldn't let me play pool in our basement until I had finished my homework. Talk about having it tough.

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
My friend was so poor that he used shoe leather for a tip.

I was so poor I didn't even have shoes.

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
We were so poor we couldn't afford cue tips
So we used week old underwear that could stand up on its own.

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
I once saw a guy walking down the street with only 1shoe. I said "hey man did you lose a shoe?" He said "no, I FOUND one!" --- now that's poor (and old I know haha)

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
Once upon a time, things were so tough that my father wouldn't let me play pool in our basement until I had finished my homework. Talk about having it tough.

^^^I like that!

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
9. I have to steal that one for future use.

We were so poor, we lived in the basement. We couldn't afford to build the rest of the house.

Once a year, if we were lucky to get a Ham, I would steal the rind off it to make tips.

My dog kept eating my cue tips. Cause we couldn't afford dog food either. Had the worlds skinniest dog.

Last edited:

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
9. I have to steal that one for future use.

We were so poor, we lived in the basement. We couldn't afford to build the rest of the house.

Once a year, if we were lucky to get a Ham, I would steal the rind off it to make tips.

My dog kept eating my cue tips. Cause we couldn't afford dog food either. Had the worlds skinniest dog.

Funny you should mention living in the basement. Out in our rural community,
circa. 1940's-50's, folks would dig a basement, concrete block the walls, and
build the ground floor above the basement. Add a generous layer of tar paper,
seal it so as not to leak, plus construct an entrance with stairs and a door.
This was done in anticipation of "someday" building a house atop the basement.
In reality, far too many families never built a "home" and lived their entire lives
in those basements. I always felt bad for the kids that grew up that way, as they
surely were embarrassed by it. They were warm and dry at least ( I hope ? ).

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
Back around 1952, I developed a huge Carbuncle above my right ankle. We couldn't afford
a real doctor, so the local mid-wife came over and carved it out with a rusty old Case Knife.
I was so intrigued by it that I learned how to Tan it from an Old Timer and was able to
use a leather punch to craft a half dozen tips.
When the tip flew off my Harvey Martin Cue while practicing for a big 14.1 Tournament
in 1961, I decided to try one of my Carbuncle Tips. I went on to win the 12th Naval District
Straight Pool Championship 6 times straight, using those tips.
I tried buying old Carbuncles at all the local Clinics and Hospitals, but they just screamed
and ran me off. Too bad, those were great Tips.

Last edited: