U.S Open Escrowed by Accu-Stats

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm glad Pat came and will rescue U.S Open.
I like more good news rather than bad.

Gunn_Slinger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
seems the field is capped at 113 players?
Odd number...unless 15 players are playing for free....?
Is it a 128 player field?

uwate

daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
This is the first ive seen of a 1099 for the larger events. I wonder how that will work out with all the players who get staked.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great to see Pat bring his professionalism to the us open. I'm very confident that some of the best us opens are yet to come now that there will be a sense of security.

Did the entry fee go up or was it always that high?

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
Looks like our friend Barry got training wheels and a leash. Let's see if Pat can keep him off the mic and bar.

I could also do without a 30 minute rendition of the National Anthem.

Regards

Nick B

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
Deducting 30 percent of winnings from foreign players and paying it to the IRS for them?
Do other venues in other countries do the same? I don't get that. They've invested thousands for a CHANCE to win. I don't get it and I don't like it

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Deducting 30 percent of winnings from foreign players and paying it to the IRS for them?
Do other venues in other countries do the same? I don't get that. They've invested thousands for a CHANCE to win. I don't get it and I don't like it

Yes. That is the legal way to pay out non US Citizens without a ss number. The BCA has done that in their international pro events as well as the WPBA. The foreign player will have to file a non-resident tax return next year to receive a refund.

Last edited:

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member

This is also how racetracks pay taxable winnings of a certain size to foreign ticket holders. Nothing out of the ordinary here.

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
Yes. That is the legal way to pay out non US Citizens without a ss number. The BCA has done that in their international pro events as well as the WPBA. The foreign player will have to file a non-resident tax return next year to receive a refund.

Thank you Fran. I guess it won't be a shocker for them. I expect the KO boys will file a tax return next year :)

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
I will make a small sweat bet of a friendly $50 that the $75,000 is not in escrow come July.

Any takers?

RobertaAgnor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
seems the field is capped at 113 players?
Odd number...unless 15 players are playing for free....?
Is it a 128 player field?

This was in Barry's release:

Every 5 years starting this year, all U.S. Open past active champions will pay no entry fee under one condition only; they all must proudly wear their green jackets prior to each match they play with no exceptions. This is all I ask.

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
thank you, Pat! (and good luck with this....) :happydance:

so the cut-off on "payout $" is JUL 23? and it's back up to $1000 entry? what month was it last year, that they CHANGED the entry to $750...?

the Contract w/ the Sheraton Norfolk Waterside is/(was) '30days prepaid'.