John Schmidt's and Corey Deuel's comments on aiming systems

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not that good -- one 7' OS Valley. I go there because my friends go there and the drinks are cheap! Pool is mostly a social thing these days. We used to go to the VFW but, our VFW really pissed me off when I got someone to donate a like-new 9' Brunswick Medalist, and the idiots sold it for $500 rather than let the members use it. That's just one of the reasons I am done with the VFW!
I have a 8' Gandy Grenoble, but I have yet to enclose the garage and reassemble it. It will be my summer project! Right now, I am remodeling the kitchen.
I'm planning to come to Tampa next month, but I have a lot on my agenda. I need to 1st go to Hudson to pickup ceiling tiles for my kitchen, then the wife wants to go to Bern's. I also plan to play the Claw at USF...do you play golf?

Sounds like the clubs around here. Just occasional golf for me, once or twice a year.
Tony Crosby has a billiards store just above hudson in spring hill, might want to check that out. Bern's is a nice place, pricey but nice.
I play at Strokers in Palm Harbor. Keep it in mind if you have some free time and I will keep the FOE in mind if i travel that way.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
dead spider.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-22tna7KHzI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8pslt-P5Vk

cfrandy

AKA: The Road Runner
Silver Member
Sounds like the clubs around here. Just occasional golf for me, once or twice a year.
Tony Crosby has a billiards store just above hudson in spring hill, might want to check that out. Bern's is a nice place, pricey but nice.
I play at Strokers in Palm Harbor. Keep it in mind if you have some free time and I will keep the FOE in mind if i travel that way.

Sounds good to me. We will probably run 46 to 75 then 52 to Hudson. So we will have to pass Strokers, on 19, on our way to Tampa. I'll give you a holler before we go! I've always enjoyed playing pool with good shooter's. When I was on the road, my 3 favorite places to play was Big Dog in Des Moines, Ice House in Austintown OH, and Marietta Billiards Club. They were all near a terminal or truckstop. I always found great players to play in these clubs! Win or lose, I always had a good time! There really is a comradery amongst great players...though, maybe not so much in these forums.
I think I saw Tony play at MBC, Atlanta Open???, before Kim & Johnny bought it! I don't remember what it was called then but it was not MBC.

Last edited:

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds good to me. We will probably run 46 to 75 then 52 to Hudson. So we will have to pass Strokers, on 19, on our way to Tampa. I'll give you a holler before we go! I've always enjoyed playing pool with good shooter's. When I was on the road, my 3 favorite places to play was Big Dog in Des Moines, Ice House in Austintown OH, and Marietta Billiards Club. They were all near a terminal or truckstop. I always found great players to play in these clubs! Win or lose, I always had a good time! There really is a comradery amongst great players...though, maybe not so much in these forums.

I think most of us would all drink a beer and play a few games of pool together regardless of what happens on here,lol.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
I think most of us would all drink a beer and play a few games of pool together regardless of what happens on here,lol.

Mikjary Mike has told me that you & I would be fine if not for the CTE disagreement.

Best 2 You & All,
Rick

PS I hope You & Randy get together, He certainly seems to be a nice down to earth gentleman.

Last edited:

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mikjary Mike has told me that you & I would be fine if not for the CTE disagreement.

Best 2 you & All,
Rick

PS I hope You & Randy get together, He certainly seems to be a nice down to earth gentleman.

Not sure I know Mike, but i may.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
SJD may even have something stronger

Any time!!! SJD may even have something stronger. ;)

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not that good -- one 7' OS Valley. I go there because my friends go there and the drinks are cheap! Pool is mostly a social thing these days. We used to go to the VFW but, our VFW really pissed me off when I got someone to donate a like-new 9' Brunswick Medalist, and the idiots sold it for $500 rather than let the members use it. That's just one of the reasons I am done with the VFW!
I have a 8' Gandy Grenoble, but I have yet to enclose the garage and reassemble it. It will be my summer project! Right now, I am remodeling the kitchen.
I'm planning to come to Tampa next month, but I have a lot on my agenda. I need to 1st go to Hudson to pickup ceiling tiles for my kitchen, then the wife wants to go to Bern's. I also plan to play the Claw at USF...do you play golf?

You should go to Cuephoria in Cassellberry. It's only about 30-40 minutes from Debary depending on traffic and which way you go.

3 - 9' Diamonds
3 - 9' Brunswicks
8 - 7' Diamonds

Non-smoking.

cfrandy

Silver Member
You should go to Cuephoria in Cassellberry. It's only about 30-40 minutes from Debary depending on traffic and which way you go.

3 - 9' Diamonds
3 - 9' Brunswicks
8 - 7' Diamonds

Non-smoking.

Yeah, I know where it's at. I pass it when I go to the Lake Baldwin VA clinic. My problem is, I don't drive after dark....and I like to drink! However, my friend Cris Fields wants me to go with her to play some one pocket. If she will drive, I will go!

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

3 - 9' Diamonds
3 - 9' Brunswicks
8 - 7' Diamonds

Non-smoking.

Then I might run into that Delawder guy and have to bank balls all day,lol.

cfrandy

Silver Member
yeah i've played chris before. good player.

She's good people too! We played a lot together when we played in the BCA & Valley leagues. Do you know Helene Caulkin, Julio (can't remember his last name but he was on my Valley team and I know he was playing at Cuephoria and Clicks), Paul Colantonio ( 2-time state champ), Bryan Jacobs, or Jimmy Ramsey. Since Stingrays in Deland closed, I haven't seen these guys (except for Julio) for some time!

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
She's good people too! We played a lot together when we played in the BCA & Valley leagues. Do you know Helene Caulkin, Julio (can't remember his last name but he was on my Valley team and I know he was playing at Cuephoria and Clicks), Paul Colantonio ( 2-time state champ), Bryan Jacobs, or Jimmy Ramsey. Since Stingrays in Deland closed, I haven't seen these guys (except for Julio) for some time!

Julio D?

The other names don't sound familiar.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Teaching these things with a pool cue I believe is not possible, it takes.......

Knowledge....then feel...one does not have to dwell on knowledge but knowing it helps the feel understand where its supposed to go.

A friend of mine absolutely cannot focus on anything specific so I found a generality to help him, he figured out the rest on his own.

The fact of the matter is, the human body wasn't designed to play pool
With this in mind it's vital to learn how to coordinate the human body that we do have into a "pool playing machine," .....this means your shoulder, arm, wrist and hand must connect to synergistically control the cue.....and even more important, the TIP.

There is a way to do this and it took me thousands of hours to figure it out. Without my 8 years away from the game it would not have happened, it took rebuilding my own game to understand each component and how they work together.

Still, to teach this it's taking me 3-5 weeks (3 hours a week and depending on the student's practice regiment) to communicate verbally and kinesthetically (I use a sword, and various practice devises to create quicker muscle memory), which is really just a foundation that they cal learn from the rest of their lives.

Teaching these things with a pool cue I believe is not possible, it takes something heavier, and interestingly enough it must not be shaped as a pool cue. Our subconscious minds are very powerful - I've found that we can't make congruent stroke changes without completely removing the cue from the equation (to create new habits).......this allows the "anchors" to be temporarily eliminated so the new learning can take place.

'The Game is the Teacher' www.cjwiley.com

DTL

SP 219
Silver Member
With this in mind it's vital to learn how to coordinate the human body that we do have into a "pool playing machine," .....this means your shoulder, arm, wrist and hand must connect to synergistically control the cue.....and even more important, the TIP.

There is a way to do this and it took me thousands of hours to figure it out. Without my 8 years away from the game it would not have happened, it took rebuilding my own game to understand each component and how they work together.

Still, to teach this it's taking me 3-5 weeks (3 hours a week and depending on the student's practice regiment) to communicate verbally and kinesthetically (I use a sword, and various practice devises to create quicker muscle memory), which is really just a foundation that they cal learn from the rest of their lives.

Teaching these things with a pool cue I believe is not possible, it takes something heavier, and interestingly enough it must not be shaped as a pool cue. Our subconscious minds are very powerful - I've found that we can't make congruent stroke changes without completely removing the cue from the equation (to create new habits).......this allows the "anchors" to be temporarily eliminated so the new learning can take place.

Good a place as any for a cut 'n paste commercial ad......from Aug 2014.

I bet you've read this book:

$_35.JPG

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member

CJ,
I will give you this: Its not always easy to describe to someone how you do what you do and how you see what you see but I stand in amazement and some of the things you describe.

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CJ,
I will give you this: Its not always easy to describe to someone how you do what you do and how you see what you see but I stand in amazement and some of the things you describe.

This is probably why early man used pictures to describe his ideas and feelings. :wink:

Words by one just doesn't tell the whole story as read by others.

Here is a good example of a picture and some words.

John

Attachments

• dog driving car.jpg
    dog driving car.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 354
Last edited: