Finnegan is a crook and a scumbag.

7forlife

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I take it that all the balls above the ten balls are taken off the table after the break if a money ball is made?

I'm pretty sure they stay on to act as traffic or else what's the point. An 8 ball break is far easier than a 10 ball break, so why add the balls in the first place when it just increases the persons chance of "making" said money ball only to take them off and have them run the 10 (or less to be honest since they would had to of made one to continue)

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I'm pretty sure they stay on to act as traffic or else what's the point. An 8 ball break is far easier than a 10 ball break, so why add the balls in the first place when it just increases the persons chance of "making" said money ball only to take them off and have them run the 10 (or less to be honest since they would had to of made one to continue)

This is my understanding as well.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Could someone sum up please, after 21 pages, did we sort out if Finnegan is a crook and a scumbag or not? 50/50? Crook but not a scumbag? Scumbag not a crook? Or nice guy with indigestion that just makes him cranky?

haystj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ha ha. As the world turns.

I said In post #3 this didn't pass the sniff test.

I was right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
Could someone sum up please, after 21 pages, did we sort out if Finnegan is a crook and a scumbag or not? 50/50? Crook but not a scumbag? Scumbag not a crook? Or nice guy with indigestion that just makes him cranky?

Cannot make any of those determinations based solely on this one isolated situation, we'd need lots of detailed and independent research, investigators, a panel of qualified analysts, and, most importantly, the subject himself must submit to a series of tests and interrogations. Even then there's no guarantee that we'd get it right.

I suspect, like most of us, he's a little of each. :smile:

J

Last edited:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member

I don't think so, but maybe a pretty darn good rack mechanic.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member

The guy misunderstood the rules. He should apologize to Finnegan imo.

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just spoke with Raph. You didn't get screwed at all, you just didn't know the rules and didn't bother to ask. It was a 10ball break and run, racked with 15 balls to make the break harder. He had to make a 1-10 on the break to cash and he didn't. Learn the rules before you freak out and put people on bast. Raphael is a good kid and would never screw anyone over. Not even a total stranger. As far as Finnegan goes, he pays when he loses and isn't going to hurt the rep of his tournaments over something like this.

I think you owe Finnegan a HUGE apology to be honest and while you're at it, you can apologize to Raphael as well.

Did you ask Raphael why Finnegan wanted to talk to him in the back room before he shot?

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So
After such a looooong thread of 20+ pages, any conclusion yet as who is the scumbag? Is it the OP or Finnegan?
:grin-square:

brooklynplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
posted without quoting - letting morons like myself onto message boards is dangerous for all parties involved.

Last edited:

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
The guy misunderstood the rules. He should apologize to Finnegan imo.

That's it in a nutshell. Seems pretty straight forward. You must make a money ball to continue play. If any ball counted, what in the heck would be the purpose of having the extra balls? They are trying to make this a little more difficult to grow the pot. Even a C player can run a rack of 10 ball once in awhile. Much ado about nothing.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Did you ask Raphael why Finnegan wanted to talk to him in the back room before he shot?

lol I didn't even think to and honestly I doubt if it did happen, Raphael would remember it. I don't play the Steinway tournaments very often but I can't even remember when they had this break n run going on. It's been a long while since there has been a break n run. I'd guess this guy is greatly exaggerating the situation. Raphael was going to chime in but he doesn't remember his azbilliards password.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
lol I didn't even think to and honestly I doubt if it did happen, Raphael would remember it. I don't play the Steinway tournaments very often but I can't even remember when they had this break n run going on. It's been a long while since there has been a break n run. I'd guess this guy is greatly exaggerating the situation. Raphael was going to chime in but he doesn't remember his azbilliards password.

Are you involved with the show? If not, I think they missed an asset. You would fit in great with that cast.

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's it in a nutshell. Seems pretty straight forward. You must make a money ball to continue play. If any ball counted, what in the heck would be the purpose of having the extra balls? They are trying to make this a little more difficult to grow the pot. Even a C player can run a rack of 10 ball once in awhile. Much ado about nothing.

I still dont believe that anyone could mistake a fifteen ball rack for a ten ball rack, especially in a break and run that they bave their ticket drawn on.

I also dont believe he would walk out without an explanation. There are lies in this thread.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Are you involved with the show? If not, I think they missed an asset. You would fit in great with that cast.

lol I am not. I was originally but was replaced last minute. They never really got a good taste of Cleary and it's their loss haha

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
I still dont believe that anyone could mistake a fifteen ball rack for a ten ball rack, especially in a break and run that they bave their ticket drawn on.

I also dont believe he would walk out without an explanation. There are lies in this thread.

IMO this guy is crazy. I've never seen or heard of Finnegan doing anything like this and Raphael wouldn't screw over his worst enemy, let alone a guy that's about to give him a % of the winnings...

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member

Who "mistook" a 15 ball rack for a 10 ball rack ? And yeah, someone says you lose, you leave. He had better things to do considering it was his anniversary, well, I hope he did anyways ;)