TAR: Darren Appleton Perfect Practice 2 Trailer

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member

Coming soon is the newest release in the TAR Instructional Series: Darren Appleton Perfect Practice 2 presented by Predator Cues. In this follow up to the very well received Perfect Practice you will see World Champion Darren Appleton take you deeper into the mindset and skills required to take your game to the next level.

Thank you to Predator Cues for joining with The Action Report to bring you this great project.

Andrew Cleary, Darren Appleton and I are all excited about this second installment in the Perfect Practice Series. It will have all new drills from Darren designed to improve your game no matter what level you play at. The project was filmed in Darren's home room which provides a cool setting with all of his many trophies and awards surrounding the table.

Cleary and I walked in and we started laughing because everywhere you look there is some crazy trophy or award from the biggest events in the world.

"Here is a World Championship....and one here..."
"Let's drink a beer out of this giant silver cup"

It was a lot of fun and we think people will like the finished product. Look for it on the TAR On Demand channel on Vimeo later this month.

You can watch the trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIKzO-tEwPw

To check out the TAR On Demand channel visit: https://vimeo.com/tarondemand/vod_pages

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Thanks for the info. The first of these videos was superb, so I have high expectations.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I is confuzed.

I thought you guys was out of bizaness.

I only comment because when I was visiting Ernie a couple of months ago he mentioned your interview with him and wistfully mentioned that you said you were coming back for another interview when his 50th anniversary cue was done...

Lou Figueroa
almost done

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
when will it be available?
how much will it cost??
how can i buy it??
i got alot out of the first version

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Justin and the ACTION REPORT last action match was a very sad day for many. Great prductions and interviews with down to earth people. Johnnyt

Green Hornet

Registered
Everything TAR has produced has been superb. So looking forward to the second installment. Darren Appleton's drills are excellent. Still remember the drill he had Ronnie Alcano do on the podcast before their match up. Ronnie did it first try. Hell, I still haven't completed that drill alone. Great to hear, Justin. TAR Rules. And so do you Justin. Rock On, Brother. Ever need a volunteer, I'll be there!

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
when will it be available?
how much will it cost??
how can i buy it??
i got alot out of the first version

I'm wrapping up volume 2 right now, I hope to have it ready in the next few days for purchase.

It will be available to download/view through the TAR vimeo page, when it's ready, we will post a link when it's ready.

The price is $20 for an hour and twenty-one minutes of great instructional material.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
I is confuzed.

I thought you guys was out of bizaness.

I only comment because when I was visiting Ernie a couple of months ago he mentioned your interview with him and wistfully mentioned that you said you were coming back for another interview when his 50th anniversary cue was done...

Lou Figueroa
almost done

Not out of business. Mark and I went our separate ways amicably. I own the TAR IP and catalog so as long as I am around TAR will be in one form or another.

I have been working on getting the catalog available On Demand: https://vimeo.com/tarondemand/vod_pages

Just released prints of the photos that hung in the TAR studio:

http://theactionreport.com/studio-series-paper-edition/

Working on more as well. I always thought there was a niche for quality photos and artwork for home rooms. I will be exploring that.

Plus this new Daz project.

TAR is just going in a different direction. Website still there, Facebook still there and I'm still here. I am going towards more traditional production. Simply a cost/benefit thing. You can go spend two days with a pro, shoot an instructional and sell it forever for less than what we paid in bandwidth on a match. Working with Cleary on these projects makes the model possible and a no brainer as he is one of the best at what he does.

As far as doing matches like the past... I dont see anything that would get me back into them. Nothing is an event anymore because there will be another PPV next week or the week after that. The audience gets diluted. Only so many PPV's a year someone will buy.

I havent made a big deal about the stuff I am doing on AZ. I mainly post everything on Facebook. Honestly I had to take a break from this place for awhile. I started feeling very negative every time I came here and thats when its time to step away for a minute. I've been coming back around just with a very strong filter on what I pay attention to and trying not to spam the boards with everything I release.

I forgot all about telling Ernie anything about his 50th. Its awesome he thought about it. If he is game so am I. I would love to go back and do another video with the skills I have now compared to then. I'll contact him and see if we can work out a time to do it. Maybe get Rogan along for a cameo.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
I forgot all about telling Ernie anything about his 50th. Its awesome he thought about it. If he is game so am I. I would love to go back and do another video with the skills I have now compared to then. I'll contact him and see if we can work out a time to do it. Maybe get Rogan along for a cameo.

I may be interested in tagging along and helping depending on when.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
I may be interested in tagging along and helping depending on when.

I'll make some calls and see what shakes out. You would dig Ernie, an amazing guy. He may really be the smartest man in the world because he made real money in pool. His shop is out of this world as well. It sucks that it didn't even occur to me to go back for his 50th. We might have been able to do it when you were in L.A.

Dogged it again.