Seriously, Do you like pool events on 7 foot table?

Seriously, Do you like pool events on 7 foot table?

• Yes

Votes: 69 29.2%
  • No

Votes: 138 58.5%
  • Neutral - makes no difference to me

Votes: 29 12.3%

• Total voters

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why watch 7ft table pool from stream or YouTube?

Dunno.
Can't find any interest for that myself. If someone else like it. So be it. Not my thing for sure.

throne4

Registered
My feelings are this, 9 ball/10 ball should only be played on 9 ft and 8 ball should only be played on 7 ft. Whether pros or amateurs. Reason is 9 ball and 10 ball become to easy on the 7 ft table and the same for 8 ball on the 9 ft table.

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
at 16, i started on 7fts. years later when i was forced to switch to 9fts, it was a biotch & took forever to adjust. i can't tell you when the last time was that i played on a 7ft - but i can tell you that i could probably play shooting behind my back, as well as i do normally on a 9ft.

i understand Mark's strategy. leagues apparently play on bar boxes, and he wants the league players to see the pros doing same. most leagues have no clue who the pros are, and this should hopefully help the pros & pool. (plus it saved on transportation costs of tables.)

when we & our friends were doing UPA League, i accidentally found out from Frank Alvarez that the Vegas Tournament (and i use that term loosely cause it's a farce) would be played on 7fts. WHAT???? all 10 teams have been competing on 9fts!!!! do ya THINK that you or the LO might should have TOLD us this?!?! (even the APA around here plays on 9fts.)

this is why i asked who all had subscribed for the PPV.
i think the total was: 3.
no offense, but AZB should no longer be his target audience. times are tough & Mark's thinking outside of the box for new paying customers. how many AZBers bought the PPV last year? 30? :woot:

i agree that pros should be on 9fts. when we were there (2012 & 2013), we never paid attention to the leagues. we watched the pros & the room was basically empty. if we were in Vegas this year, we wouldn't even go. (well, we might hang out @ the bar to say hey to everyone!) but we're just 2 of thousands. Mark's not going to miss our $200, and he knows it.

hopefully his new business plan worked.

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can enjoy playing pool on just about any size table but I have ZERO interest in watching the best players go at it on a pristine bar table. I don't care what anybody says -- it's a joke. A one off tournament here or there on a bar table is okay but come on -- labeling a tournament the U.S. Open Bla Bla Bla and then playing it on a bar table -- that just takes the cake for me. It makes us all look bad too.

Oh but wait -- they aren't bar tables anymore they are 7 foot tables. Yeah okay whatever you say.

Txstang1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My feelings are this, 9 ball/10 ball should only be played on 9 ft and 8 ball should only be played on 7 ft. Whether pros or amateurs. Reason is 9 ball and 10 ball become to easy on the 7 ft table and the same for 8 ball on the 9 ft table.

I agree with this

Zphix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who cares? They're pros. Let them play on whatever they want.

If you can't find pleasure in watching them play on barboxes then don't watch. I do take pleasure in watching it so I watch. Simple as that.

sebroy9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

If you can't find pleasure in watching them play on barboxes then don't watch. I do take pleasure in watching it so I watch. Simple as that.

Who said you can't watch?

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member

agreed. so did you buy the PPV and/or attend?

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
Real Pool is played on 9 & 10 ft. Tables. 7 - footers were conjured up
expressly for Bars and Home use (space issues). My pal in San Fran
has (3) 6-footers in each of his Bars. With pockets the size of buckets,
the average game of 8-ball is over in 2-3 minutes. Disgusting !

I realize it's "all about the Benjamins" and Tournament Promoters can
squeeze a lot more 7-footers into a specific venue, so that's how it's
going to be, except for smaller matches with fewer players and the
game is One Hole or 14.1 .... Sad. :frown::frown::frown:

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I prefer all games on a 9ft table. I don't like to watch the pros play any game except 8B on a 7ft table.

I love playing 9B on a 7ft table when I am drunk........

7forlife

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
While I do somewhat agree I can't help but feel sad. This all sounds like the "league players are not real pool players" or what ever it is that you guys say, and that just sounds horrible.
Why, cause it doesn't sound like the "my opinion" type thing, it sounds harsh and not like an opinion.

Sloppy Pockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I LOVE watching the pros playing on 7' tables. Those little 2" balls and 1 7/8" CB are a perfect match for those tight snooker-cut pockets and nappy cloth. And those red and yellow object balls are fun and make it easy to see the layout the player has to deal with.

Oh, wait... You mean professional American pool on a 7' table???

Ain't no such thing.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
While I do somewhat agree I can't help but feel sad. This all sounds like the "league players are not real pool players" or what ever it is that you guys say, and that just sounds horrible.
Why, cause it doesn't sound like the "my opinion" type thing, it sounds harsh and not like an opinion.

Nobody is saying league players aren't real pool players.

What we're saying is that the PROFESSIONAL player SHOULD be playing on equipment that's tougher than what your average league player plays on.

WillyCornbread

Break and One
Silver Member
It's what I have access to. It's all I could fit in my basement...

In an ideal world I would have a nine footer, with local leagues played on nine footers in bustling pool halls but this simply isn't the reality.

I love the game, and I like to watch pro's on 7 footers to try and learn from them and marvel at how easy this game can look when played well.

I'm in my forties and still naive - seeing pro events and big tournaments on 7 footers makes me feel like maybe there is still time to get to that level at some point IN SPITE of the limitations of access to larger equipment, an aching back and fading eyesight.

I guess seeing televised 7 foot events in some ways represents some sad hope, and keeps me interested and practicing...(and buying a diamond table, buying cues and accessories, instructional material and ppv events). I'm one of the suckers these events are targeted towards, and I'm thankful for that.

b

philly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If all I had access to were 7 footers I would not play as much for sure. I will never enter a local event on 7 footers again. It's just not any fun for me. Wouldn't it be amazing if the SBE were on 9 footers? That would be great. As a matter of fact the SBE is the only time I play on 7 footers.

BobTfromIL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't mind 8 ball on the 7', although I do prefer it on a 9', not a big fan of the 10'. Talking about watching not playing, Top pro's on a 7' just doesn't seem fair. Since we now have a room with 9' Diamonds close by I haven't played on a 7'.