Jay Helfert resigned as Tourney Director at the US Open

pro9dg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm confused. To lose one thread in a day is human but to lose two is just plain careless.
To get one back (and wish that I hadn't bothered) is insanity.

To get another one back would be incredible.
So where and why is my NO HEROES, NO MORE VILLAINS gone?

JLange

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Apples and Oranges.

Allen was confirmed and assured of his spot as we know.

A mistake was made by BB in leaving Allen's name off the list. BB tried to rectify that mistake but ended up compounding the problem.

Maybe I'm missing something here. Who confirmed and assured Allen's spot in the US OPEN? Barry? Was Barry the one responsible for Players entries and the entry fees? Please Clarify this.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
Maybe I'm missing something here. Who confirmed and assured Allen's spot in the US OPEN? Barry?

YES

Was Barry the one responsible for Players entries and the entry fees?

Doesn't matter, what does is he should know wtf he's talking about before he leads anyone down the yellow brick road or up shit creek

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm confused. To lose one thread in a day is human but to lose two is just plain careless.
To get one back (and wish that I hadn't bothered) is insanity.

To get another one back would be incredible.
So where and why is my NO HEROES, NO MORE VILLAINS gone?

Forget about it, Doug. This pool forum would rather moan and whine about anything and everything at the same time the U.S. Open is in progress.

Let's go sweat Oliver. Oliver is playing Jayson now. I would think you'd be pulling for you homeboy. ;)

I'm pulling for Oliver. :D

Maybe I'm missing something here. Who confirmed and assured Allen's spot in the US OPEN? Barry? Was Barry the one responsible for Players entries and the entry fees? Please Clarify this.

Barry was responsible for providing the names of the free, previous winners, to Pat. He apparently didn't so with Allen.

Pat handled all the paying players

No one disputes that it was an innocent oversight on the part of Barry. No one disputes the fact that Allen showed up thinking he was in the tournament, expecting to play. The problem was that none of this was discovered until after the brackets were drawn. At that point, Barry should've deferred to Jay. And Allen knows better. He knows he should've stepped away. Barry paid good money to Steelman. That more than would e reimbursed Allen for any expenses incurred.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Forget about it, Doug. This pool forum would rather moan and whine about anything and everything at the same time the U.S. Open is in progress.

Let's go sweat Oliver. Oliver is playing Jayson now. I would think you'd be pulling for you homeboy. ;)

I'm pulling for Oliver. :D

Its not that. Its the fact that year after year BB turns the us open into a $^!+ stain in the tighty whites that are american pro pool.

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Barry paid good money to Steelman. That more than would e reimbursed Allen for any expenses incurred.

what expenses? most likely his room was comped? Entry fee waived? You must be talking about that expensive high octane gasoline at $2.59 a gallon. The jersey to chesapeake drive is not that long, but the tolls are killer. LOL

KD

what expenses? most likely his room was comped? Entry fee waived? You must be talking about that expensive high octane gasoline at $2.59 a gallon. The jersey to chesapeake drive is not that long, but the tolls are killer. LOL

KD

Why would the room be comped? Barry doesn't own the hotel. I haven't heard of any past winners having the room paid for.

jburkm002

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So what should have been done? What if a player traveled from Japan thinking they were in the tournament? Sorry we screwed up, have a safe trip. I get what was done but what would the right thing have been to put that player in the tournament.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I understand it correctly, BB found someone local who volunteered his spot.

lol, wonder how that conversation went?

BB: Need your spot.

Player: Don't want to give up my spot.

BB: I'll give you your entry fee back.

Player: I came to play.

BB: I will give you your entry fee back AND allow you to continue playing at my room.

Player: Take my spot. Please.

Lou Figueroa

I am so bummed my faux poll on why the thread got closed down got shot into the ozone.

Lou Figueroa
(sigh)

That was some funny stuff. I very seldom give rep. I went to give you some and was told to spread some around first. I may have given you rep years ago, lol.

Repost the poll here!!

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So what should have been done? What if a player traveled from Japan thinking they were in the tournament? Sorry we screwed up, have a safe trip. I get what was done but what would the right thing have been to put that player in the tournament.

Comp them somehow like a hotel would, you dont kick out other guests cause you messed up.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That was some funny stuff. I very seldom give rep. I went to give you some and was told to spread some around first. I may have given you rep years ago, lol.

Repost the poll here!!

I dunno. Things have been kinda wonky here lately... is there a penalty for reposting something from a deleted thread?

You know me, walkin' the straight and narrow -- would hate to get out of line, lol.

Lou Figueroa

I dunno. Things have been kinda wonky here lately... is there a penalty for reposting something from a deleted thread?

You know me, walkin' the straight and narrow -- would hate to get out of line, lol.

Lou Figueroa

That can be reposted. As long as you weren't issued a warning for it

jburkm002

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Comp them somehow like a hotel would, you dont kick out other guests cause you messed up.
Your only kicking out someone because the brackets were set and their name was not on there. Think of the uproar if SVB had been left off and sent home. I don't know if Hopkins would have made the 129 player and there was no room on the bracket. If he wasn't then in should have been placed in one of the byes. Didn't Appleton have a first round bye because his opponent didn't even register for the event. Just think it would be dumb to send someone home in a major event like this. As long as their were open spots and they were registered.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member

Lou Figueroa

RE-POST!! i'll do your time if you get whacked

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That can be reposted. As long as you weren't issued a warning for it

Since we are rarely privy to the inner machinations of administration decision making here, I thought this would be a most excellent time for the conspiracy theories to fly.

Why did the Jay Helfert Resigns as US Open TD Thread get Closed?

o Jay did it. He reconsidered and wants to be the US Open TD in 2016.

o JAM did it. She has powers beyond mere mortal comprehension.

o Scott Smith did it. He wanted to shut down allegations of making book at The Open, laying 3-1 the thread would stay open.

o Hopkins did it. Opened an AZ account and suddenly his computer started playing the theme from “Jaws."

o BB did it. Asked Mike to close it after he realized he didn’t have enough white out for all of AZ.

o Keith did it. He finally figured out his AZ password.

o Dave Wilson did it. Shooting shots of tequila last night he fell face first into his keyboard accidentally hitting the CLOSED button.

o JB did it. Some ask why, I say why not.

Lou Figueroa
didn't do it

Last edited: