Brand new Bob Runde 2016 R-12

RackRunner

Property of RackRunner
Silver Member
A few of you that know me, know the story of my love affair with cues. For the rest of you, I purchased my first custom cue in 1985 from Bob Runde at Schon. I ordered an R-12. Little did I know in '85, that Mr. Runde and I would be teammates in 2006, and win the KPBL (Kenosha Pocket Billiard League) City Tournament together. A few years ago I started talking to Bob about building me an updated version of that original R-12. Well, recently I took possession of the updated Runde R-12. The cue has 5 veneers, an awesome piece of curly maple that I hand picked and took the best 2 I had and asked Bob to choose between the 2. He did good! I also requested he use the original Westinghouse micarta for the ferrules. 4 ebony points, ivory Stich rings with a smooth black leather wrap. The cue turned out stunning. Thank you Bob for making my dream cue a reality!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458250923.219902.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1458250987.590120.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1458251020.825842.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1458251036.460245.jpg
ef9314b4b9bd681dd4f7b2f337800214.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458251052.711663.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458251052.711663.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 1,212
Last edited:

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So nice!!! I love Bob's cues so much and they play phenomenal, especially with those micarta ferrules! Congrats on a great cue!

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Love the cue. I dig blue, I dig steel joints. And I dig dashed joint rings. :thumbup:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where's Mia and her cohorts with the "clone coments" about another glorious looking cue?

Some designs are just timeless and regardless of the cue-maker, are beautiful to view......

And when the cue-maker is talented like Bob Runde, the finished cue is just magnificent.

Matt B.

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
Agreed

Where's Mia and her cohorts with the "clone coments" about another glorious looking cue?

Some designs are just timeless and regardless of the cue-maker, are beautiful to view......

And when the cue-maker is talented like Bob Runde, the finished cue is just magnificent.

Matt B.

I could do without Mia in most cases. Lol

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member

Matt B.

Clone? I dont get it... Nothing about this cue is "clone".

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
After looking at the cue, I don't see any obvious clone, and I'm trying to be objective. I don't see George, Gus, Frank, Gene, Tad, Ernie, Ed P., Bob, or Pete. Of course there are hundreds of others. But I don't see anything obvious.

The discussion of clones often comes up here, and it's a mixed reaction. But I think it's overdone. A lot of serious collectors (such as myself) have at least one clone that's pretty special. But then, the whole subject causes distemper with the constipated hoard.

I've said it before, but your house is a clone. So is that club chair in your den. So are your paintings and printings in your living room. Try not to obsess over the anguish.

All the best,
WW

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My point was being missed.......the cue is a spelndid example of Bob's custom making.

It seems like on the Forum, if you have any cue design that uses points or inlays or designs
that are customary to cue-making, then the design is as Mia likes to pontificate and others
like to chime in with supporting posts.....the cue is a copy, a tribute , a clone of other cue-maker designs.

That crap happens here on the Forum pretty regularly......look at my thread in this section where
I asked about the correct reference to call an inlay.......it seems like some people believe that the
only new design for a cue is akin to having a cue like the Gatsby built.....something completely
different and unique.......which I disagree with.

There is a finite number of geometric shapes and patterns for an inlay,,,,,,and points & butterflies are just that
and mitred veneers and colors......pretty much everything has been attempted and gosh knows, copied by
cue-makers since cue-making's inception.

So my post was a subtle reminder to some opinionated Azers who are prone to pontificate that their judgement
& comments about what really is a custom cue or a 1 of 1 type cue, etc.....is pretty absurd.......especially when you see
a cue like this......but since it uses all the stuff that's used on countless other designs, to their way of thinking it is a cloned design..

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
My point was being missed.......the cue is a spelndid example of Bob's custom making.

It seems like on the Forum, if you have any cue design that uses points or inlays or designs
that are customary to cue-making, then the design is as Mia likes to pontificate and others
like to chime in with supporting posts.....the cue is a copy, a tribute , a clone of other cue-maker designs.

That crap happens here on the Forum pretty regularly......look at my thread in this section where
I asked about the correct reference to call an inlay.......it seems like some people believe that the
only new design for a cue is akin to having a cue like the Gatsby built.....something completely
different and unique.......which I disagree with.

There is a finite number of geometric shapes and patterns for an inlay,,,,,,and points & butterflies are just that
and mitred veneers and colors......pretty much everything has been attempted and gosh knows, copied by
cue-makers since cue-making's inception.

So my post was a subtle reminder to some opinionated Azers who are prone to pontificate that their judgement
& comments about what really is a custom cue or a 1 of 1 type cue, etc.....is pretty absurd.......especially when you see
a cue like this......but since it uses all the stuff that's used on countless other designs, to their way of thinking it is a cloned design..

Point out an example where Mia had mentioned clone or copy with a cue that was as benign in design as this one...Ive never seen them do that..

I think youre "reaching" just a bit to try and get a dig in from your own experience with those "pontificators"..

dtrocks

Registered
Nice Runde Cue. I played pool with Bob Runde's son in college. He was better than I (probably because he had one of his dad's cues)!

RackRunner

Property of RackRunner
Silver Member
Thank you for the kind words. This cue plays every bit as good as it looks. Keeper for sure!