Bar Rules Like Wildfire Part 28

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Good luck in explaining to these bar bangers, you have to hit a rail after contact.

Ya they don't like that

I'll play with anyone's rules as long as they are upfront with them

Don't get me into a game and say I can't do this or that

I prefer though the rules that are on paper,that are nationally or globally accepted and used

fd_colorado

Go Pack Go!!!
Silver Member
Or how about the guy that starts banging his fist and yelling, "Uncle Pugsley, Uncle Pugsley!" next to the pocket where I've called the 8-ball. So I get up from my stance and ask him what the heck he's doing? To which he nonchalantly replies, "Everyone does it in South Carolina...you've never heard of Uncle Pugsley?":grin:

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
the prancing that ensues when one makes the 8 on the break on a 6ft table,

as if they could repeat it like they were actually skilled,

pure pot luck and ill have no part of it thank you

I have never heard of a 6 foot table

Skippy27

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have never heard of a 6 foot table

My buddy has one and believe it or not it is an old pay table with some crazy ball return system at the end of the table.

I was just over there and should of got pictures. I will remember to the next time.

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was watching Big Brother after hours because they were always playing pool in the backyard and the rules and excuses and general dialogue was hilarious.

The scratch on the break was a loss. Regardless of the eight ball still resting on the slate. Buried in the middle of a giant cluster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EddieBme

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My buddy has one and believe it or not it is an old pay table with some crazy ball return system at the end of the table.

I was just over there and should of got pictures. I will remember to the next time.

I watched some pool players playing 6 ball for a hundred a rack, (on a 6 footer) in Miss.

EddieBme

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I'm at the bar (shocking!), and a dude breaks playing 8-ball and scratches.

Dude 1: well, technically, you lost

Dude 2: I know. What are you drinking?

Dude 1: Coors Light

Dude 2: Cool. Want to shoot them anyway for shits (and giggles), not playing for anything?

Dude 1: oh yeah, sure. This is a gentleman's game.

Freddie <~~~ agrees with one thing

PS: how many of you all have heard of"lose in scratch on the break"? Hands? Bueller? Bueller?

I've never heard of that rule. Have you heard of losing when you're shooting at the 8 ball, and don't make contact with the 8 ball?

us820

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes...............The one that cracks me up is that none of the bar rabble has ever heard of ball in hand or needing a rail for a legal shot.......And lord help you if you play a safety intentionally."Oh,so you are one of those ****ing guys huh?"

Charlie Hustle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That ball didn't go clean, it hit the rail first and you didn't call that.

Was playing a guy for $10 a rack in a bar once, and he actually called this on me. I can't remember if it was on a regular object ball or the 8, but he actually said "the ball caught the rail on the way into the pocket" Not wanting to argue or play a fvcking loser like this, I gave him $10 bucks and went on my way.

StrokeofLuck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was playing a guy for $10 a rack in a bar once, and he actually called this on me. I can't remember if it was on a regular object ball or the 8, but he actually said "the ball caught the rail on the way into the pocket" Not wanting to argue or play a fvcking loser like this, I gave him $10 bucks and went on my way.

All too familiar! I actually got in a fight in my younger days over that exact shot. I had beat the guy out of about $25 or so and I shot the 8 in and it caught the rail, he says that's a "baby bank" and you have to call that. Now I would do what you did, back then things escalated from there...

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Yes...............The one that cracks me up is that none of the bar rabble has ever heard of ball in hand or needing a rail for a legal shot.......And lord help you if you play a safety intentionally."Oh,so you are one of those ****ing guys huh?"

your a damn cheater

its an eternal battle with the bangers, not on the table, its usually a wash

but the battle over the rules, we like standards, they like, anything that theyve heard growing up for rules, my uncle once back when this and so on

Str8PoolMan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Community Balls????...

A few times in bars, I have played guys who hit the 8-ball first to combo in one of their balls. When I say, "That's a foul. You have to hit one of your balls first.", the answer is always, "The 8 is one of mine. It's a community ball, either one of us can hit it first.

david(tx)

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A few years ago I was playing 8-ball in a small town bar in Colorado when the cue ball got away from me on the break and flew off the table. When the ball hit the floor I became the center of attention as I then had to put $1 in the kitty, per their custom.

A couple games later I made the 8 on the break and again all eyes were on me. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that I had just won the entire kitty of $15.

Did you lose the game or just have to put a dollar in the kitty ? Sounds like a nice way to add a little excitement to the games .

david(tx)

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Call pocket or call shot , always ask who your playing up front which one .

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I have the table at my local bar. Guy looking to impress his girlfriend I never have seen before puts his quarters up. I win, his turn. He is scanning the wall, inspecting and rolling every cue ( and there are about 20 ) for about 5 minutes which seems like 30. I'm allready thinking tool.

There are other's with quarters up waiting and are looking at me like 'come on' dude they are all warped pick your poison or bring your cue. The guy finally get's one he is pleased with. We had been playing playing call pocket but give him the benefit of call shot or call pocket because because I had a vibe about this guy and it could be a problem should I just tell him it's call pocket, ball in hand etc.

He blasts back 'call pocket' I say OK BCA call pocket ball in hand on any and all fouls ' do you understand the rules' he says bust em' up. I get to the 8 and call pocket. I knock it into corner of called pocket it double kisses and drops. Game over and he is pissed yelling at me that's 'garbage' that ain't real man's pool you are a F$%&ing P#^&y. I said it's call pocket. Learn the rules. It dropped no matter what it did on its way down and I reminded him he said he understood the rules prior to break.

Then the dude goes off and throws his cue at me across the table while the whole bar watches said tool meltdown. My friends who I am playing with stand up and say legal shot move on banger. Glad they were their this dude was big and drunk.

Now if a stranger/banger wants in I just play our Bar pool, fouls in the kitchen, call shot, scratch looses, 8 on break wins, call banks and un-obvious combos. If they want to play call pocket I will ask them about the driving a ball to the rail. If they do not know the answer it's our Bar pool call shot period.

Have a good weekend,

-Kat,

Bowmer

"Shooter"
Silver Member
Not making a ball on the break. :shrug:

🎱

LOL. Really depends on who you are playing.... Most guys around where I am ... May as well be a loss.

I hear the scratch on the break = loss thing every now and again, but that usually from young guys that just have never played much