Any Daz vs earl updates?

Apocalypse2017

Welcome to the resistance
Silver Member
Earl went from 0-100 real quick.

I think it was 2-1 and JCIN was trying to get money in the jukebox...it was so quiet you could hear a pin drop and someone decided to eat a potato chip.

Classic Earl

mowermarty

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I liked tar

Hope tar comes back without the fixed location. Liked it better when they were moving around.

SLIM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As much as it sucks for pool fans & sponsors the one i felt the worse for this time was the young lady who was with earl.
I sat right behind her all three nights.
If earls unnecessary bull$hit made me feel uncomfortable, i can't even begin imagine how it made her feel.
On sunday evening when it was all over, i struck up a conversation with her while earl was trying to get people to listen to his woe is me crap. (nobody would)
next thing i know earl is heading out the door with his cues & coat, without saying a word to the young lady about leaving.
I let her know he looked like he was in a hurry & she grabbed her stuff & headed after him.

Amazing, a good spot & a real gentleman too.

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
- Troll Earl. Like you say you would do at least thats what I get out of "Have fun with it". This happens alot and some of Earls biggest "Fans" come just to watch or make him tilt.

Historically speaking, this is all I have ever seen.
Granted, I haven't been at every single thing he has ever played in, but of the events I did witness, there was always that person or group of people that facilitated his meltdown.
Now don't get me wrong, Earl is a jackass, he could always try to take the high road, but I always kinda felt bad for him when this crap started due to some retards in the crowd with an agenda. It was different then. He at least tried to shake it off.
Now, it's all the excuse he needs.

That always amazed me. Entitled fans with zero respect.

Never seen people go out of their way to shark someone as much as these Earl people do, with the lone exception of the one US Open where McCready was playing some Pinoy, and you had every inbred cousin f*cking retard over in his corner sharking the crap out of the Pinoy.

Always felt those idiots should get tossed immediately, regardless of the money they paid to watch.
Sit down, and STFU.

Maybe that will be Earls next act. He'll pull a pistol out of his ass weights and shoot the 1st idiot to troll him.
After years of watching those idiots in action, i would actually find that kinda entertaining.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...with the lone exception of the one US Open where McCready was playing some Pinoy, and you had every inbred cousin f*cking retard over in his corner sharking the crap out of the Pinoy... .

It was Ramil Gallego, I think, and Ramil won the match. :)

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is difficult to defend anyone on this forum with addiction problems or medical maladies. If somebody was falling down drunk, most would see this as disgusting, drinking alcohol to excess. Some, a very few, might recognize it as a physical addiction, that the person is sick.

With medical maladies such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and psychopathic tendencies, people see the behavior and cannot recognize that it is a symptom of the disease. They can only see the ugly behavior.

I used to go out with a pool player that suffered from schizophrenia. When he was winning, everybody loved him and he loved everybody. He was on top of the world, but when he lost, missed a ball, didn't hit a horse race, his personality immediately changed. Everybody was a "black cat" or their gods were pulling against his gods. If you were traveling with him, you'd get left. He would storm out of the joint and leave whoever came with him there, reminding me of Earl storming out of the pool room and not waiting for his lady friend to join him.

Earl is basically good guy, like my friend with schizophrenia, but without medical intervention of some kind, he will continue to be misunderstood. To shoot pool proficiently, one can't be on medication that will slow down your hand-and-eye coordination and recall. Like somebody else I know well, pool is Earl's entire life. He is a champion, like Alex Higgins, but he does have demons, like Alex Higgins did. :sorry:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow you have a great memory!
Never saw basically an entire bleacher section take up the cause like that day.
That was crazy.:D

What was funny was at the end of the match, after he won, he walked up to Keith and jumped up and down and yelled loudly in Keith's face: Philippines, Philippines, Philippines. He was so proud of that win. :grin-square:

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Historically speaking, this is all I have ever seen.
Granted, I haven't been at every single thing he has ever played in, but of the events I did witness, there was always that person or group of people that facilitated his meltdown.
Now don't get me wrong, Earl is a jackass, he could always try to take the high road, but I always kinda felt bad for him when this crap started due to some retards in the crowd with an agenda. It was different then. He at least tried to shake it off.
Now, it's all the excuse he needs.

That always amazed me. Entitled fans with zero respect.

Never seen people go out of their way to shark someone as much as these Earl people do, with the lone exception of the one US Open where McCready was playing some Pinoy, and you had every inbred cousin f*cking retard over in his corner sharking the crap out of the Pinoy.

Always felt those idiots should get tossed immediately, regardless of the money they paid to watch.
Sit down, and STFU.

Maybe that will be Earls next act. He'll pull a pistol out of his ass weights and shoot the 1st idiot to troll him.
After years of watching those idiots in action, i would actually find that kinda entertaining.

It use to go that way a LOT but i think even the jerk-offs or 90% of them have now realized it isnt right to antagonize a guy with obvious problems. But even back then-most of the time it would start with Earl admonishing the crowd for clapping, for not clapping-whatever. He once GLARED at me during a commercial break in the WPC when i took 4 seconds to get a tic-tac and he heard the rattle-Yes during a commercial break!!. I was at least 10 rows back and not doing the cucaracha.

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With medical maladies such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and psychopathic tendencies, people see the behavior and cannot recognize that it is a symptom of the disease. They can only see the ugly behavior. Earl is basically good guy, like my friend with schizophrenia, but without medical intervention of some kind, he will continue to be misunderstood. . :sorry:

Anyone who thinks Earl needs any motivation for his rants, is sadly mistaken!..Earl is a 'self-starter'..If nothing, or no one irritates him, he will invent some way to go on tilt!..It is a detriment to the game, that someone with his obvious talent needs to resort to such childish actions. :frown:

I am ashamed that he is an American!..His antics are unforgivable, and I think any TD that tolerates them is remiss in not DQing him immediately!..Those of you who make excuses for him, are not doing our great sport any favors. :eek:

PS..His outbursts cannot be justified, medically or otherwise..They are just plain uncalled for! If we need his actions as a drawing card, pool is in the worst shape it has ever been in :eek:

Last edited:

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
It use to go that way a LOT but i think even the jerk-offs or 90% of them have now realized it isnt right to antagonize a guy with obvious problems. But even back then-most of the time it would start with Earl admonishing the crowd for clapping, for not clapping-whatever. He once stared at me during a commercial break in the WPC when i took 4 seconds to get a tic-tac and he heard the rattle-Yes during a commercial break!!

Guy is a radar dish.
He's like the town homeless crazy person that every neighborhood seems to have, that you see 100yards away, walking in the shopping center.
And you talk to your friends, "look, there's that nut job. He's one strange..."
And it's at that moment, that the crazy guy stops, whips his head around, and laser beams his gaze right at you, glaring at you, like he knows you are talking about him, even there is no way that he could have heard you.

Earl is like that.
He picks up on absolutely everything.
Seem him glare at someone from literally across the room several times when someone was saying something about him, when you would have bet your life that he couldn't hear a word you were saying.

I can't imagine how he is when he has people sitting 10 feet away saying stuff.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is difficult to defend anyone on this forum with addiction problems or medical maladies. If somebody was falling down drunk, most would see this as disgusting, drinking alcohol to excess. Some, a very few, might recognize it as a physical addiction, that the person is sick.

With medical maladies such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and psychopathic tendencies, people see the behavior and cannot recognize that it is a symptom of the disease. They can only see the ugly behavior.

I used to go out with a pool player that suffered from schizophrenia. When he was winning, everybody loved him and he loved everybody. He was on top of the world, but when he lost, missed a ball, didn't hit a horse race, his personality immediately changed. Everybody was a "black cat" or their gods were pulling against his gods. If you were traveling with him, you'd get left. He would storm out of the joint and leave whoever came with him there, reminding me of Earl storming out of the pool room and not waiting for his lady friend to join him.

Earl is basically good guy, like my friend with schizophrenia, but without medical intervention of some kind, he will continue to be misunderstood. To shoot pool proficiently, one can't be on medication that will slow down your hand-and-eye coordination and recall. Like somebody else I know well, pool is Earl's entire life. He is a champion, like Alex Higgins, but he does have demons, like Alex Higgins did. :sorry:

Hi Jam, I am not a Dr so I can not diagnose anyone but I'm gonna just throw this out there - some people are just dicks. Not sick, no addiction issues, just dicks. Maybe sometimes, maybe all the time. This usually arises from there never being any consequences. The longer it goes without consequences the worse it gets. Few examples : you mentioned being fall down drunk ( not that I would have any idear what that's like ☺) - drive drunk : get dwi, lose license. Get drunk, run your mouth to wrong person, get ass beat. If neither of those consequences ever happen odds are person will continue with that behavior. Consequences for Earl may be as simple as not being allowed to compete, loss of his deal at Steinway, etc. It just seems this has been going on for a very long time with no tangible consequences. Behavior modification can come in many forms, but usually it is effective to a large degree.

About your pool playing friend you cited - as you know I used to hang out with him too. Everything you said was spot on. I was lucky to never have experienced any of that but I'm sure it was because of a couple very simple reasons. I was always the one with the car so leaving me wasn't an option lol, and I always treated him very decent so it would have been biting the hand that feeds you so to say. There was a story but him you have probably heard. It went something like this - he was out on he road with Buzzy and they were down south, I think Florida. Buzzy went broke at some joint and our friend had all the money that was left. They pulled into a gas station because the van was almost out of gas. Maybe Buzzy said something he didn't like, maybe he said nothing at all but our buddy got out of the van, said F you and left him completely bust stuck in Florida. I still love and miss that guy !!! Quick question Jam, I've asked once or twice but don't think I ever got an answer. When / how did Baldy come on the scene? My personal opinion is he did much more harm than good for sure. I got along good with Baldy too but some of the things I saw made me think he was not such a good person.

For the record yall I'm not trying to bash Earl, he is still one of my favorite players but same as everyone else I definitely could do without all the BS.

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
It was Ramil Gallego, I think, and Ramil won the match. :)

Wow you have a great memory!
Never saw basically an entire bleacher section take up the cause like that day.
That was crazy.:D

I watched that match...at the end Ramil said "FILIPINO, FILIPINO !"

It was a great match to watch...for some reason I remember Keith getting out when there was 'no getting out'....when he marked that game, he spun the ball on the wire...
....I thought that was cool. :)

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Jam, I am not a Dr so I can not diagnose anyone but I'm gonna just throw this out there - some people are just dicks. Not sick, no addiction issues, just dicks. Maybe sometimes, maybe all the time. This usually arises from there never being any consequences. The longer it goes without consequences the worse it gets. Few examples : you mentioned being fall down drunk ( not that I would have any idear what that's like ☺) - drive drunk : get dwi, lose license. Get drunk, run your mouth to wrong person, get ass beat. If neither of those consequences ever happen odds are person will continue with that behavior. Consequences for Earl may be as simple as not being allowed to compete, loss of his deal at Steinway, etc. It just seems this has been going on for a very long time with no tangible consequences. Behavior modification can come in many forms, but usually it is effective to a large degree.

About your pool playing friend you cited - as you know I used to hang out with him too. Everything you said was spot on. I was lucky to never have experienced any of that but I'm sure it was because of a couple very simple reasons. I was always the one with the car so leaving me wasn't an option lol, and I always treated him very decent so it would have been biting the hand that feeds you so to say. There was a story but him you have probably heard. It went something like this - he was out on he road with Buzzy and they were down south, I think Florida. Buzzy went broke at some joint and our friend had all the money that was left. They pulled into a gas station because the van was almost out of gas. Maybe Buzzy said something he didn't like, maybe he said nothing at all but our buddy got out of the van, said F you and left him completely bust stuck in Florida. I still love and miss that guy !!! Quick question Jam, I've asked once or twice but don't think I ever got an answer. When / how did Baldy come on the scene? My personal opinion is he did much more harm than good for sure. I got along good with Baldy too but some of the things I saw made me think he was not such a good person.

For the record yall I'm not trying to bash Earl, he is still one of my favorite players but same as everyone else I definitely could do without all the BS.

He used to have to get a shot once a month when he would go off the deep end. He left me in Tennessee, and I only have $5 to my name. It was a 25-hour bus ride home with two transfers. I'll never forget it. He was famous for leaving people at the horse track when he lost if they rode out with him. Winning, though, he was as nice as could be to all those around him. He really was ill, though. I used to think he was faking or full of it, but I know he was sick. He had 13 shock treatments after an experience down South, but that's another story.

I'm not sure who Baldy is. What's his last name? Are you referring to Beau?

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched that match...at the end Ramil said "FILIPINO, FILIPINO !"

It was a great match to watch...for some reason I remember Keith getting out when there was 'no getting out'....when he marked that game, he spun the ball on the wire...
....I thought that was cool. :)

Yeah, that was it. You were there? Wow! :)

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cliff hanger. So how did you get home???

Strange story, this one. This road agent and I were on the road, and he hooked up with a stakehorse, who happened to be a meat thief. This guy's wife and two kids would go into grocery stores and steal meat. I've never seen anything like it. At their apartment, they had meat lists, like 22 rib roasts, 12 filet mignon, et cetera. :embarrassed2:

Anyway, the meat thief was steering us to different places to gamble. I was very, very green when it came to laying down the lemon at this time in my life. In one joint, unbeknownst to me, my partner was laying down the lemon, playing badly, missing shots deliberately. I looked at him and said, "What's going on? Why are you missing so badly?" Well, his opponent unscrewed his cue and quit. :D

This really pissed him off, and we left the joint. He told the meat thief that he'd hook up with him later. As we were driving, we stopped in this little town in Tennessee and went into a restaurant, which happened to be the mayor's wife's restaurant. This road agent struck me in the face. I still have a scar over my right eye from it. I ran behind the counter. The local sheriff came. He made the road agent purchase a bus ticket for me and told him to give me some money to get home, and the only money he had left after the ticket was $5.

I had to take three different buses back to D.C. It took 25 hours. I'll never forget. I couldn't even get a hot dog for 5 bucks. :angry:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Notice how over the years, the Earl defenders have dried up?

I used to say that I liked Earl 86% of the time...
...it's getting closer to 50/50 now.

I watched one of his matches at the US Open nine ball....after the first three games, he realized that he had a lock....so he made the guy comfortable...talked about a few shots in a 'we're all players here' kind of mood...made the guy happy he came.

...but after a few more games, he couldn't stand the Edenic atmosphere...he started on the crowd, got them cat-calling back.
Funny thing, it was a no-action match...but he out-drew all the other tables, including the TV table.....Earl can draw a crowd.

His current problem, as I see it, is that he has fallen for his own act as he ages...
...saw that a lot when I was young....a lot of the action guys started falling for their own stories.,,,"Floyd" kinda went that route also...he was extremely entertaining in his prime.

To me, this is the 'movie star syndrome'....they lose themselves in their percieved public image...no wonder Hollywood is a feeding frenzy for shrinks....
...I've always admired Paul Newman, Clint Eastwood, and Robert Mitchum for avoiding that trap.

pt....armchair shrink

Last edited: