I wonder why so few members or lurkers visit the WTB section.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Back to the original topic, occasionally I will peruse the WTB section but I really dont have anything I am looking to sell. Thats my guess why you dont often see very many people there. I believe that the buyer is more likely to pay a premium, the seller knows that he has what the buyer seeks.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I do not see how that is possible. The only 2 people that could have possibly knew about the deal was me and the seller. I did not mention the sellers name (or ID), or any details about the item in question, or the price, so how is that possible?

Not true, I read about this deal in a public restroom! It was scratched into the wall.:eek:

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Every time I go to the wanted / for sale section, I see very few people viewing the WTB section, and a lot of people viewing the for sale section (for example, at this time I see 5 people viewing the WTB section, and 57 people viewing the for sale section).

Does this mean that very few people are interested in what others are looking to buy, or why such a low interest in looking at what others are wanting to buy?

I imagine that there should be a lot more interest in looking at that section of the forum, because I know that a lot of people have extra cues that they might be looking to sale (cues that people might be posting about in the WTB section).

So, I just do not understand why at any time of day, I see very few people currently viewing the WTB section.

Thanks for any thoughts about this.

You've demonstrated that you're constantly on-the-make, and I'm not really into the "pity" angle, and this thread is obviously another pragmatic attempt at whining, so, I'll be blunt:

They're probably trying to avoid the panhandler, like they would in the subway or walking down a city street.

If you're going to try to be a hustler, copy deanoc, not the guys shaking pennies in empty coffee cups outside of 7-11.

You fail to understand that the guys responding to your silly ads are mostly established individuals who view the forums as a community and are trying to help a member of their community who needs help... They're most likely not guys who are taking a loss selling you a shaft at $35 so they can buy popcorn at a movie they're saving-up to see.

The first rule of being indigent is 'Don't bite the hand that feeds you.'

But, it's nice to imagine... Imagine how wide a net you could cast if every member visited the "Wanted" section on a regular basis... Fish in a barrel.

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
It should be titled WYG Section, Want You to Give section. I've responded to several of the threads and it never fails that the OP is always looking for a 1k item for $100. Brian.

Hmmmm .... we have someone that fits "the profile"
right here in this thread ... Care to guess WHO ?

You've demonstrated that you're constantly on-the-make, and I'm not really into the "pity" angle, and this thread is obviously another pragmatic attempt at whining, so, I'll be blunt:

They're probably trying to avoid the panhandler, like they would in the subway or walking down a city street.

If you're going to try to be a hustler, copy deanoc, not the guys shaking pennies in empty coffee cups outside of 7-11.

You fail to understand that the guys responding to your silly ads are mostly established individuals who view the forums as a community and are trying to help a member of their community who needs help... They're most likely not guys who are taking a loss selling you a shaft at $35 so they can buy popcorn at a movie they're saving-up to see.

But, it's nice to imagine... Imagine how wide a net you could cast if every member visited the "Wanted" section on a regular basis... Fish in a barrel.

You will probably not believe me, but I have never looked for, or expected a hand out from anyone. The fact that I recently purchased an old converted Helmstetter for $300 (that turned out to have a warped butt, and then did not file a paypal complain) shows that.

I understand that most of the stuff on here is high end stuff that I could never afford, and most of the stuff that is in my price range, I feel is over priced. I am just picky (that is all). It is very hard to find anything that I can afford, that I really love the looks of.

I did put up a WTB ad around 3 years ago (saying that I only had like $75 to spend, and just wanted a cheap player), and a very nice member offered me a very nice old (new stock) Helmstetter for $50. Was I looking for a hand out? No, I was not. I just wanted a nice old beat up player to shoot with (and I did not care if it was old, beat up, and warped, just so it had a nice smooth shaft). A few months down the line, I had to sell the cue (because I really needed the money). So, I guess that makes me a terrible person, right? The cue was basically a gift, and I should have never sold it. Yeah, I have accepted quite a few other very generous offers since then. Was I looking for such generous offers, or expecting them? No, I was not, and was always in shock when I received the offers. Hard to believe that there are such generous people out there. On the other hand, I have basically given away many cues in times of need. Had a really nice Helmstetter with a Predator Pre cat shaft. Sold it for a $100 (I see the shaft alone sells for over $200 on ebay these days). Had this other super nice 4 point Adcock custom (4 points with veneers). I basically gave that cue away for $125 shipped. There have been many others like that over the years.

Anyways, I do not think the WTB section is for pandhandlers. Most of the people on there are looking for a specific cue, that they are unable to find in the for sale section (I assume).

Last edited:

billiardthought

Anti-intellectualism
Silver Member
You will probably not believe me, but I have never looked for, or expected a hand out from anyone. The fact that I recently purchased an old converted Helmstetter for $300 (that turned out to have a warped butt, and then did not file a paypal complain) shows that.

I understand that most of the stuff on here is high end stuff that I could never afford, and most of the stuff that is in my price range, I feel is over priced. I am just picky (that is all). It is very hard to find anything that I can afford, that I really love the looks of.

Your way of thinking is so aloof I don't think any of us can keep up.

Your way of thinking is so aloof I don't think any of us can keep up.

Aloof? I had to look up the meaning before I understood, lol.

a·loof
əˈlo͞of/Submit
adjective
not friendly or forthcoming; cool and distant.
"they were courteous but faintly aloof"
synonyms: distant, detached, unfriendly, antisocial, unsociable, avoidant, remote, unapproachable, formal, stiff, withdrawn, reserved, unforthcoming, uncommunicative, unsympathetic; informalstandoffish
"part of their strategy is to remain aloof during the first stages of negotiation"
conspicuously uninvolved and uninterested, typically through distaste.
"he stayed aloof from the bickering"

Last edited:

caff3in3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Agree on the hustler angle and think everything being bought is just going to be resold for a profit. There are people on here who could really use help and would LOVE to get a great cue for a deep discount.......and would appreciate the generosity of other members and keep the cue for years instead of complaining to get more money off the (already low) price.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Agree on the hustler angle and think everything being bought is just going to be resold for a profit. There are people on here who could really use help and would LOVE to get a great cue for a deep discount.......and would appreciate the generosity of other members and keep the cue for years instead of complaining to get more money off the (already low) price.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Well, I think that most would agree that I did over pay for my last cue. It should have been straight, and it turned out to have pretty noticeable warp in the forearm. Maybe it was just karma coming to me, and I deserved it (to be stuck with a cue that I can't sell).

billiardthought

Anti-intellectualism
Silver Member
Well, I think that most would agree that I did over pay for my last cue. It should have been straight, and it turned out to have pretty noticeable warp in the forearm. Maybe it was just karma coming to me, and I deserved it (to be stuck with a cue that I can't sell).

You say here it has a noticeable warp. In your thread to trade the cue (assuming you are talking about the one you have up for trade currently) you say "There is a very slight roll out in the butt".

Am I understanding all this correctly?

You say here it has a noticeable warp. In your thread to trade the cue (assuming you are talking about the one you have up for trade currently) you say "There is a very slight roll out in the butt".

Am I understanding all this correctly?

Well, people can make up their own minds about the warp. I posted a video of it in the for sale thread (a video of me rolling it back and forth, at different speeds, about a 100 times). However slight the warp is, it is still noticeable.

Last edited:

15cherries

15cherries
Silver Member
let's all be quiet

Justin, they set you up and you walk into it every time???

" A Wise Man Once Said Nothing"